SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Source for funky, fun stretch knits? ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Source for funky, fun stretch knits?
boot
boot  Friend of PR
Beginner
USA
Member since 2/24/09
Send Message

Date: 10/22/12 0:38 AM

I've checked a lot of Web sites and haven't seen what I want...maybe someone here can help?

I am looking for some fun, funky, maybe retro-patterned, stretch fabrics to use in making some maternity tops. I've got the pattern, but no fabric yet. Could anyone recommend a retailer (preferably on-line) known for fun, upbeat, "off the beaten path" fabrics?

Thank you!

jacquiJB
jacquiJB  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
DENMARK
Member since 5/5/06
Send Message

Date: 10/22/12 5:23 AM

I occasionally buy from Best Online Fabrics, which has a shop on Ebay (I'd buy more often because I like their poly lycra knits, but between overseas postage and occasionally being dinged by customs, it's not always cost-effective).
-- Edited on 10/22/12 5:23 AM --

RebeccaMarie
starstar
RebeccaMarie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/5/12
Send Message

Date: 10/22/12 10:43 AM

Not sure if these qualify as "off the beaten path", but some of this might help?

Fabric Mart has a couple funky ITY knits in stock: (I bought the paisley one and love it!) -- paisley, chevrons.

Mood Fabrics has a lot of choices. Just look under the jersey prints section and keep an eye out for stuff with lycra in it. A few things I've been drooling over for a while: purple acid trip-looking pretty-ness, funky lime and teal floral, and Pucci-inspired blue/purple/yellow swirls.

Also, Spandex House has a ton of stretch prints. LowPriceFabrics.com has some fun stuff too. Good luck!

------
Humor, DIY escapades, pop culture, kitsch and creative miscellany from a bipolar bureaucrat with a sewing machine, a bottle of prozac, and an occasionally loose grip on reality -- http://sewciopathic.com ... plus, stuff for sale(!) at sewciopathic.etsy.com.

Patti B
starstarstarstar
Patti B  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 9/29/02
Send Message

In reply to boot <<

Date: 10/22/12 10:53 AM

I'm busy making maternity wear for my daughter so I'd love to know which pattern you have selected. On fabric, definitely try FabricMartFabrics and you might take a look at Funkalicious Fabrics on Etsy. I just ordered and received some nice fabric from her.

------
Patti

R-r-r-ripping my way to fitting success

Muldini
Muldini
Intermediate
Member since 9/29/10
Send Message

Date: 10/22/12 5:34 PM

Tiaknight on eBay often has a lot of interesting prints too.

Scrnme007
Scrnme007  Friend of PR
Beginner
USA
Member since 4/5/11
Send Message

Date: 10/23/12 1:58 AM

Check out Sawyer Brook online, too

------
SewWannabe-SewReady

microbios

microbios  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 2/15/09
Send Message

Date: 10/23/12 7:52 AM

fabric.com has some funky jersey prints and excellent prices. Some examples below. Website has a nice search feature on left side that allows you to limit by color family, price, width, etc.

Stretch Rayon Jersey Knit

Fuschia funky knit
Funky purple/black floral
Violet/teal/grey funky knit

cocosloft
starstar
cocosloft  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 3/17/12
Send Message

Date: 10/23/12 10:20 AM

Did you try Girl Charlee? PR members get 10% discount...great quality knits and very affordable.

------
Coco

kittiecat
kittiecat
Advanced Beginner
Member since 11/1/10
Send Message

In reply to cocosloft <<

Date: 10/23/12 11:01 AM

Must second the recommendation for Girl Charlee. The selection and quality are wonderful, as is the service. Your fabrics will arrive quickly and wrapped like a present. Can't go wrong.

bakertoo
star
bakertoo
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 12/26/08
Send Message

Date: 10/23/12 11:18 AM

Christine Jonson always has pretty cool and beautiful knits, and great patterns to make good fitting clothes from the knits. I am a big fan of her patterns!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Source for funky, fun stretch knits?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

McCall's 5927

photo
by: Sewlful

Review
No Pattern Used 0000

photo
by: Renren

Review
Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Buy Now
Lolita Patterns Sugar Plum Pattern

Lolita Patterns Sugar Plum Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.