SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Source for funky, fun stretch knits? ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Source for funky, fun stretch knits?
boot
boot  Friend of PR
Beginner
USA
Member since 2/24/09
Send Message

Date: 10/22/12 0:38 AM

I've checked a lot of Web sites and haven't seen what I want...maybe someone here can help?

I am looking for some fun, funky, maybe retro-patterned, stretch fabrics to use in making some maternity tops. I've got the pattern, but no fabric yet. Could anyone recommend a retailer (preferably on-line) known for fun, upbeat, "off the beaten path" fabrics?

Thank you!

jacquiJB
jacquiJB  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
DENMARK
Member since 5/5/06
Send Message

Date: 10/22/12 5:23 AM

I occasionally buy from Best Online Fabrics, which has a shop on Ebay (I'd buy more often because I like their poly lycra knits, but between overseas postage and occasionally being dinged by customs, it's not always cost-effective).
-- Edited on 10/22/12 5:23 AM --

RebeccaMarie
starstar
RebeccaMarie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/5/12
Send Message

Date: 10/22/12 10:43 AM

Not sure if these qualify as "off the beaten path", but some of this might help?

Fabric Mart has a couple funky ITY knits in stock: (I bought the paisley one and love it!) -- paisley, chevrons.

Mood Fabrics has a lot of choices. Just look under the jersey prints section and keep an eye out for stuff with lycra in it. A few things I've been drooling over for a while: purple acid trip-looking pretty-ness, funky lime and teal floral, and Pucci-inspired blue/purple/yellow swirls.

Also, Spandex House has a ton of stretch prints. LowPriceFabrics.com has some fun stuff too. Good luck!

------
Humor, DIY escapades, pop culture, kitsch and creative miscellany from a bipolar bureaucrat with a sewing machine, a bottle of prozac, and an occasionally loose grip on reality -- http://sewciopathic.com ... plus, stuff for sale(!) at sewciopathic.etsy.com.

Patti B
starstarstarstar
Patti B  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/29/02
Send Message

In reply to boot <<

Date: 10/22/12 10:53 AM

I'm busy making maternity wear for my daughter so I'd love to know which pattern you have selected. On fabric, definitely try FabricMartFabrics and you might take a look at Funkalicious Fabrics on Etsy. I just ordered and received some nice fabric from her.

------
Patti

R-r-r-ripping my way to fitting success

Muldini
Muldini
Intermediate
Member since 9/29/10
Send Message

Date: 10/22/12 5:34 PM

Tiaknight on eBay often has a lot of interesting prints too.

Scrnme007
Scrnme007  Friend of PR
Beginner
USA
Member since 4/5/11
Send Message

Date: 10/23/12 1:58 AM

Check out Sawyer Brook online, too

------
SewWannabe-SewReady

microbios

microbios  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 2/15/09
Send Message

Date: 10/23/12 7:52 AM

fabric.com has some funky jersey prints and excellent prices. Some examples below. Website has a nice search feature on left side that allows you to limit by color family, price, width, etc.

Stretch Rayon Jersey Knit

Fuschia funky knit
Funky purple/black floral
Violet/teal/grey funky knit

cocosloft
starstar
cocosloft  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 3/17/12
Send Message

Date: 10/23/12 10:20 AM

Did you try Girl Charlee? PR members get 10% discount...great quality knits and very affordable.

------
Coco

kittiecat
kittiecat
Advanced Beginner
Member since 11/1/10
Send Message

In reply to cocosloft <<

Date: 10/23/12 11:01 AM

Must second the recommendation for Girl Charlee. The selection and quality are wonderful, as is the service. Your fabrics will arrive quickly and wrapped like a present. Can't go wrong.

bakertoo
star
bakertoo
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 12/26/08
Send Message

Date: 10/23/12 11:18 AM

Christine Jonson always has pretty cool and beautiful knits, and great patterns to make good fitting clothes from the knits. I am a big fan of her patterns!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Source for funky, fun stretch knits?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Understanding Knit Fabrics
Understanding Knit Fabrics

Register

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

Vogue Patterns 8837

photo
by: sfshaza

Review
Vogue Patterns 8825

photo
by: SewRuth

Review
The Essential Tote

The Essential Tote

Buy Now
PerfectFuse Light White

PerfectFuse Light White

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.