SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Dear Bumble ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Dear Bumble
GrandmaNewt
GrandmaNewt
Intermediate
Member since 6/5/10
Send Message

thumbsup 9 members like this.

Date: 10/26/12 3:33 PM

Dear Bumble,

You are a very sweet kitten (most of the time) and I am very happy that you are now part of our family. I am glad that you feel at home in your new house with your new family. But, there are some issues that need to be addressed:

1. You are NOT an alarm clock. There is no need to wake me up every morning at 5 a.m. Even if I did wish to wake up at this time, bouncing on my head, pulling my hair and biting my hands is not a good way to do this. Try to remember that sleeping in makes for a happier Mom!

2. The kitchen counter is NOT an appropriate place for a kitten. There is nothing up there for you. It is a pain in the butt when I am prepping food to repeatedly stop, put you on the floor, wash my hands, and then get back to the prep. What was with the little white footprints going across my stainless steel kitchen work table anyhow? What did you step in to leave those white prints (cat litter dust?) and wouldn't it have been easier just to walk the same path on the floor below? By the way, the refrigerator magnets were not put there for your entertainment. Please leave them on the fridge and not all over the floor.

3. Home decorating is NOT your best skill. I realize you were going for the shabby chic look when you tore up parts of the shower curtain and liner. You did achieve a shabby look, but chic, not so much. And trust me, the leather on my desk chair looked a lot better before you decided that it was a tree that needed to be repeatedly climbed. Normal cats that want to lay on chairs jump up from the front. They do not feel the need to climb up and over the back. Why am I dreading to see how you help decorate the Christmas tree?

4. Dad does NOT need your help with the papers he keeps on his desk. Yes, sometimes those papers end up in the shredder, but be aware that this is why we have a shredder. You do not need to preshred documents before Dad puts them in the shredder. Also, mailing a bill statement that is full of teeth and claw holes is kind of embarrassing, so cut it out! Another thing about the desk, the printer does not print any better if you stick your head into it in order to catch the paper as soon as it starts coming out.

5. I have been making my own bed for many years now. I really can do this without your help. I used to be able to do this simple chore in under a minute. Now I am lucky if I can do it in under 5 minutes. Please please please quit being so helpful!

6. I have been sewing for over 30 years. I have never had a sewing assistant and do not feel that I need one now. You do not need to pull the fabric through the back of the sewing machine, it feeds itself in that direction without your help. You also should not pull the fabric from the side or the front as that just messes up my seams. My sewing tools like seam rippers, rulers, tape measures, chalk etc are all put in a place where I can reach them easily if needed. It is not at all helpful to me to have to crawl on the floor and find them after you have relocated them. Pressing seams is an important part of sewing and quilting. This is a one person job. Please quit leaping up to help adjust the fabric hanging off the edge of the ironing board.

I would like to point out that after you assisting me with adding borders to my quilt top this morning that I felt you were tired. I shut off the iron, sewing machine and lights and folded up the work in progress thinking that you would eventually leave the room and go take a nap. I had great plans of finishing that border while you were sleeping. Imagine my surprise when I discovered a few hours later that the place you chose to nap was in fact on top of the quilt I had been working on. Next time perhaps you could nap on the bed that you helped make this morning!

I am waiting patiently for you to grow up and mature a little more. I forgot how much work a kitten could be! :)

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

In reply to GrandmaNewt <<

Date: 10/26/12 3:39 PM

Your house has got to be the most fun place on Earth. I read most of your note and I am laughing. I am sure glad I am not drinking coffee or soda right now...

------
Bernina 630, my much loved main machine
Bernina embroidery module
Pfaff 2036 my back up & travel machine
Babylock Molly, mechanical
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

Re Becca
starstarstar
Re Becca
Intermediate
Member since 9/12/05
Send Message

Date: 10/26/12 3:54 PM

LOL~!
You really think that you get to have a Christmas tree???

AS for the kitten getting on the counter and sink, I never leave food there and eventually the entertainment value diminshes. I also have a spray bottle on hand and it does act as a deterrent.

I am sure that he is really cute!

Kittens also have the sharpest teeth!

------
http://beccabeckstuff.blogspot.com/

Damn the muslin, full speed ahead!

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
Wisconsin USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 10/26/12 4:33 PM

Big Smile! ....................
Dear Bumble; My name is Abigail the Babykins & I am almost 10 years old....... I can tell you eventually they will forget about some things in the compromise of kitty loving ....We just have to be patient while they learn the rules. ... hee hee hee..... Paws up for kitty cats! .... Abigail....

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<
Santa Kitty is on the move... Meowy Christmas everyone!

Oh good, DH has now getting a nice part time job. Avg 20 hours a week.
The sewing workers:
Hello Kitty Kate (green), Hello Kitty Valerie, Dottie Kenmore, Bubba Kenmore the traveler.

Be still & know that I Am God +
Dear God...please help us out..Thank you..+

AK
AK
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 2/2/04
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 10/26/12 4:44 PM

Dear Bumble, We have a lot of experience with Christmas trees. You should visit our blog to see what to do.

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 10/26/12 4:53 PM

Your dear little furball has forgotten who boss of the house.
What I did with my cats even when they there little.
If they did something wrong. I would put them down laying and holding them and give a little fling in the nose. It doesn't hurt them but it sure works. But renforce it with a NO!!! My cat did jump on the table and scratch on my walls and now they don't. I'm the main cat and I'm the boss. It works.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

AdaH
star
AdaH  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Iowa USA
Member since 11/21/09
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 10/26/12 5:12 PM

The only way I got my cats to stay off the counter, where there wasn't a scrap of food to be had, was line the counter with cookie sheets that are balanced on the edge with pan lids holding them in place.
It only took once and they never got up there again.
It does make a lot of noise when they jump on the cookie sheet and everything falls to the floor. This can only happen in the middle of the night.

All animals have been banned from our bedroom. No more getting used as a launching pad for the dog who jumps off the bed when a car door is shut or a garage door goes up/down. No more fighting between the dog who thinks she owns the bed and the cat who see no reason to let the dog belive such an obvious lie. The very last straw was when one of the cats decided she should pratice her balancing beam skills on the headboard. She did need pratice as she fell off and landed on my head.

------
Ada

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

Date: 10/26/12 5:39 PM

Beware!! What cats learn as kittens seems to stay with them! When Licorice was born, I had to be at work at 3am...It's now 8 years later and on my days off, Licorice still wants breakfast at 2:30am!

Sunset magazine published photos of Christmas decorations and one family hing their tree from the ceiling on fishing line! As I recall, it was a room with a cathedral ceiling and the tree was beautiful..the caption stated that the owners had a new kitten!

Bumble sounds adorable and probably wants his own quilt!!

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

Cathy Loves Fabric
star
Cathy Loves Fabric  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 4/16/04
Send Message

Date: 10/26/12 5:45 PM

Sorry Grandma Newt, I think Bumble sounds like lots of fun and he makes me laugh. Do you have a picture of your tiny little home demolition kitty?

------
My hope is to sew to the very end. They'll find my head slumped over my precious Kenmore 19606 and have to pry the seam ripper from my cold, dead hands.

GlButterfly

GlButterfly
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

Date: 10/26/12 5:55 PM

Very funny letter, Grandma Newt.

If Bumble replies, would you let us know, please?

------
That's Gl = for Gloria, not G. I.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Dear Bumble

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2008-103

photo
by: yummymummy...

Review
Sewing Workshop Quincy Top and Pants

Sewing Workshop Quincy Top and Pants

Buy Now
Paradiso Designs Anna Handbag Pattern

Paradiso Designs Anna Handbag Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.