SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Where's All The Juki F600 Love ? ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Where's All The Juki F600 Love ?
Haven't Seen Any Recent Posts
Rainer
Rainer
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 10/5/10
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/27/12 11:59 AM

Hi everyone

I been stalking the Juki F600 for over a year and finally pulled the trigger and she will be delivered Thursday if not delayed by FrankenStorm.

I read many of the Juki threads ( Still Reading ) here
but have noticed no recents posts about the Juki F600.

I have a few questions and not sure I should bump the old threads.Plus I'm on information overload from all the old threads on the Juki F600.

Is there anything I should know about the Juki that you would think is important for a new owner ?

What must haves should I buy that doesn't come with the Juki ?

Are there any quirks when setting up the Juki that I should know about ?

Thanks so much for your time ..appreciate it

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
VT USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

In reply to Rainer <<

Date: 10/27/12 1:38 PM

There is a dedicated JUKI thread!! And then the other many many threads....so yes, you can bump them all up! HAHhahhaaa.....have fun!

I LOVE MY JUKI Group

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

LindaBee58
LindaBee58
ITALY
Member since 7/10/09
Send Message

Date: 10/27/12 1:51 PM

Perhaps we haven't written much lately because we are all too busy sewing on our Jukis
It's a fantastic machine. I'm sure you will love it.

NM gal
NM gal
Beginner
Member since 5/27/09
Send Message

Subject: Wheres All The Juki F600 Love ? Date: 10/27/12 3:26 PM

I don't know if this is necessary but when I turn on the Juki.... it says hello! And I let it warm up for about 10 min before sewing. I warm up all my computerized machines. Don't know why.

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
HI USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

Subject: Wheres All The Juki F600 Love ? Date: 10/27/12 3:56 PM

Had mine awhile and still love it. I made the mistake of putting it in my little sewing classroom and now I can't wrest it away from the students!! I try to steer parents away from the discount store machines and towards the F600 if their child shows sewing enthusiasm.

------
Let's just say all modern sms are well represented in my studio.

Rainer
Rainer
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 10/5/10
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 10/27/12 8:25 PM

It's nice to see the Love is still there

Back to reading the many many Juki threads

Rainer
Rainer
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 10/5/10
Send Message

In reply to KPM <<

Date: 10/27/12 8:26 PM

Quote: KPM
Had mine awhile and still love it. I made the mistake of putting it in my little sewing classroom and now I can't wrest it away from the students!! I try to steer parents away from the discount store machines and towards the F600 if their child shows sewing enthusiasm.

If the Juki can hold up to a bunch of students in class that says alot !
Steffie
starstar
Steffie
Intermediate
MI USA
Member since 11/6/04
Send Message

In reply to Rainer <<

Date: 10/28/12 8:38 PM

I have the Juki F600 -- I bought it earlier this year. I have had the opportunity to sew several garments on the machine as well as doing some quilting.

If you have been sewing for a while, the box feed will take some getting used to. If you apply any pressure to the fabric while you are feeding it, you can easily change the size of your stitches with the box feed. This has been my biggest adjustment with the machine -- allowing the machine to feed the fabric with very little guidance. The box feed will feed the fabric straight.

The Juki F600 has a stretch stitch that is not the standard 3X straight stitch -- it is not really a zig-zag either. I LOVE this stitch and have used it on several knit garments in lieu of my serger. I love this stitch for light-weight knits to eliminate the bulk of a serged seam. The seam is easily pressed open.

I did purchase the straight stitch throat plate and I have used it. Whether or not you need it will depend on the type of sewing you do and the fabrics you use.

The machine will take Organ needles which is awesome since they are a fraction of the cost of Schmetz needles. I have had absolutely no issues with the Organ needles -- they work great.

The machine should come with the extension table. If you are sewing on a counter-top or table without recess for your machine, you may find this table useful for larger projects. I was impressed that the table came with the machine.

As a side note, all of the Babylock presser feet I have tried from my Babylock fit the Juki.

Good luck with your machine!

Rainer
Rainer
Advanced Beginner
NY USA
Member since 10/5/10
Send Message

In reply to Steffie <<

Date: 10/28/12 10:04 PM

Quote: Steffie
I have the Juki F600 -- I bought it earlier this year. I have had the opportunity to sew several garments on the machine as well as doing some quilting.

If you have been sewing for a while, the box feed will take some getting used to. If you apply any pressure to the fabric while you are feeding it, you can easily change the size of your stitches with the box feed. This has been my biggest adjustment with the machine -- allowing the machine to feed the fabric with very little guidance. The box feed will feed the fabric straight.

The Juki F600 has a stretch stitch that is not the standard 3X straight stitch -- it is not really a zig-zag either. I LOVE this stitch and have used it on several knit garments in lieu of my serger. I love this stitch for light-weight knits to eliminate the bulk of a serged seam. The seam is easily pressed open.

I did purchase the straight stitch throat plate and I have used it. Whether or not you need it will depend on the type of sewing you do and the fabrics you use.

The machine will take Organ needles which is awesome since they are a fraction of the cost of Schmetz needles. I have had absolutely no issues with the Organ needles -- they work great.

The machine should come with the extension table. If you are sewing on a counter-top or table without recess for your machine, you may find this table useful for larger projects. I was impressed that the table came with the machine.

As a side note, all of the Babylock presser feet I have tried from my Babylock fit the Juki.

Good luck with your machine!

Thanks for the wonderful reply !

I have read about this box feed and like what I'm hearing..as far as I'm concerned anything that can help me sew in a straight line is a plus because that's my weakness.

That's good to know about the stretch stitch because I'm taking a class on craftsy on knits so this stitch will be helpful.

I have plenty of Schmetz needles for my Juki MO735 but it's good to know I can use Organ needles and I love that it comes with the extension table !

Sda thing is it was scheduled to be delivered Thursday and don't think it will make it on Friday due to the huge storm delaying delivery.

Over 9000 flights have been canceled from what I hear so I assume UPS will get caught up in the storm.

So being that I live in NYC I don't expect it to arrive until Monday at the earliest..Oh well things could be worst. I'm happy and healthy and that's what matter in this thing called Life !!!

Thanks again for the very helpful post..appreciate it .
SquishSews
star
SquishSews  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/18/09
Send Message

Date: 10/29/12 1:12 AM

I have had mine a short while, and have made a few things on it now. I love it! For straight seams, like the previous poster, pretty much just let it do the work and just keep the fabric from pulling or weighing to one side or the other so it can go through easily. I'm having to relearn sewing curves as this machine handles them much differently than my old Kenmore... I might go as far as saying it's slightly resistant to sewing curves but I might not - it could just easily be me still getting used to the machine!

The fast stitch is REALLY fast.

You can disable the heel-press thread cutter in the menus, if you're not used to something like that (I cut threads in the middle of seams a few times, grr).

I'm finding that I do not use the automatic needle threader much, but I use the auto clip way more than I expected.

It self-adjusts to different fabric weights with amazing prowess! The recent Halloween costume I did used a bit of excessively lightweight poly lining I got cheap.... it's a fabric that would have been swallowed alive by my old machine.... and the Juki, even without switching to the straight stitch plate, had NO problems.

I LOVE THE F600. Would not hesitate to recommend it.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Where's All The Juki F600 Love ?

Merchants on PR

Budo Bear Designs

Asian Designs
Web site

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Register

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2011-103

photo
by: olgarosita

Review
Simplicity 4020

photo
by: LonestarLa...

Review
SewBaby Travel High Chair Pattern

SewBaby Travel High Chair Pattern

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Bell Sleeve Wrap & A-Line Skirt

Christine Jonson Bell Sleeve Wrap & A-Line Skirt

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.