SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Spaces > My Sewing Space ( Moderated by Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
My Sewing Space
as it was when I first moved in...
SewingMom
star
SewingMom
Intermediate
CANADA
Member since 4/9/02
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 10/28/12 2:01 PM

Since the kids cleaned their side of the basement yesterday and my son is determined to sword fight on the Wii today, I figured it is as good a time as any to dig out my sewing room. I think I've found the floor...or at least part of it. I've been sewing steadily since the middle of August with no time for clean up in between, so you can imagine the state of my studio.

I love spending time in my studio and then I realized that since I'd taken a several year hiatus from pattern review, I never shared the pics of my studio here. =)

I don't think it's every been this clean since...and just for the record, the baby swing is gone...no more babies here (we hope!)!! I hope you enjoy the pics of my special space. =)

Basement Studio - looking in from rec area
View from Resource BookShelf
A Peek in the Fabric Closets
Cutting Area and Resource BookShelf
Sewing Nook

Thanks for looking! =)

-- Edited on 10/28/12 2:07 PM --

AdaH
star
AdaH  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Iowa USA
Member since 11/21/09
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 10/28/12 3:35 PM

Very nice. It is so tidy. My sewing room was tidy for about 2 weeks this summer. Now not so much

------
Ada

Rainer
Rainer
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 10/5/10
Send Message

Date: 10/28/12 3:43 PM

Looks nice and neat...my goodness you have tons of fabric

Thanks for posting..I love looking at other peoples set up .

stirwatersblue
star
stirwatersblue
Intermediate
Kansas USA
Member since 12/13/08
Send Message

Date: 10/28/12 8:41 PM

What a marvelous space! I love the fabric under your cutting table. I cut on the floor, but have started to love the idea of a cutting table w/storage JUST for the storage! LOL

------
~Gem in the prairie

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

In reply to stirwatersblue <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 10/28/12 8:57 PM

There's nothing like a cutting table at the right height. You have a great space. I love well organized sewing room and you've got a wonderful one. That's a lot of fabric! Do you know how many yards you have?

------
www.nancyksews.blogspot.com

SewingMom
star
SewingMom
Intermediate
CANADA
Member since 4/9/02
Send Message

In reply to stirwatersblue <<

Date: 10/28/12 9:55 PM

I try to keep the fabrics I want to use next under the table for easy access. My goal is to one day to have whittle down the stash enough that I won't need the storage under the table or along the wall behind my sewing nook, or in what is supposed to be the craft cupboard. I had been doing really well about not buying much the last couple years...but then I came back her and promptly fell off the wagon! :P I am back on now though (for the most part)...

SewingMom
star
SewingMom
Intermediate
CANADA
Member since 4/9/02
Send Message

In reply to Nancy K <<

Date: 10/28/12 9:59 PM

Not exactly...it's easily a few thousand...in my defense, I have no good reasonably priced fabric sources locally, so I've grown a stash to increase my chance of being able to get what I need when I need it. I do make about 90% of the clothes for my 3 daughters...and I'm starting to sew more for myself now that the girls are older and my baby is not so little.

Zoe1986
Zoe1986
Member since 8/11/12
Send Message

In reply to SewingMom <<

Date: 10/29/12 8:20 AM

So jealous of your amazing space. I don't think I've seen that much fabric outside a fabric store!

SusieK1957

SusieK1957
Intermediate
Illinois USA
Member since 7/20/06
Send Message

Date: 10/29/12 9:26 AM

This room was given to me when my Mom passed away- it was her "hidey-hole." Now it's my refuge from stress. I was told not to remove anything on the shelves- she collected coffee cups and tins.sewing room- east wall'/>sewing room- north wall'/>
-- Edited on 10/29/12 9:27 AM --

Pj3g
star
Pj3g  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Wisconsin USA
Member since 2/14/11
Send Message

In reply to SewingMom <<

Date: 10/29/12 10:02 AM

What a heavenly sewing room!!! All that fabric--WOW!!! You are one lucky lady!!!

And Susie, I love your Mom's room including the coffee cups. My Mom collected tea cups with the saucer. Your Mom's space made me think of my Mom. It's so cozy and nice.

------
Thank you Lord for my Mother who taught me the joy of sewing, for my Father who encouraged my sewing, for the talent You gave me to sew, and for all the special people in my life to sew for.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Spaces >> My Sewing Space

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2011-116

photo
by: Anne Cherr...

Review
Simplicity 2256

photo
by: im2melo4u

Review
Beginner Sewing Lab 104 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Beginner Sewing Lab 104  - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Buy Now
You Sew Girl 100mm Shell Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 100mm Shell Purse Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.