SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Great Pants Fabric ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Great Pants Fabric
couturemom
star
couturemom
Advanced
North Carolina USA
Member since 7/19/11
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 10/29/12 2:17 PM

Even when you order a swatch, it's hard to tell how the entire piece will behave. So I just thought I'd share my experience with this one:
RPL - Emma OneSock

It's a mid-weight, drapey, high-quality fabric that stitches up into great pants with fluidity and minor stretch. If you're ever wondering where to get fabric that's similar to the RTW you find in a store that never wrinkles, this is a good bet!

limer
limer
Beginner
Member since 11/15/10
Send Message

In reply to couturemom <<

Date: 10/29/12 9:15 PM

Oooh! I would definitely jump on that if the shipping costs weren't so high for Canadian shoppers :/

For 3 yards:
Order Subtotal: $38.25
Shipping: $15.25
Grand Total: $53.50

EDIT: Oops! Just read Emma One Sock's note to international customers, that, "If you are concerned about a shipping cost, please e-mail me for an estimate!"

I wouldn't expect it to be reduced by much, though.
-- Edited on 10/29/12 9:21 PM --

Nancywin
starstarstarstar
Nancywin  Friend of PR
California USA
Member since 7/25/06
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 0:51 AM

I have her that her shipping estimates on line are high, but actual cost is much lower. It might be worth the call/email to find out

------
blog: encue.blogspot.com

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Pam~Off The Cuff~
star
Pam~Off The Cuff~  Friend of PR
Expert/Couture
New York USA
Member since 4/18/05
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 8:00 AM

Gorgeous Fabrics always has beautiful RPL fabrics like This one and many others at very reasonable prices...in fact they are currently having a store-wide SALE this week, including these fabrics! I bought a few colors (last week) and they are lusciously fluid with a beautiful hand and weight for pants and suits.

------
~Pam

Pamela Erny
OFF THE CUFF ~Style~
www.Off-The-Cuff-Style.blogspot.com
and My Store...
www.FashionSewingSupply.com !

KathySews
star
KathySews
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 8:39 AM

I just ordered from EOS - thanks for the info that I selected well

shana707

shana707
Advanced
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 3/23/05
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 9:20 AM

I must second Pam's vote for Gorgeous Fabrics. I have several pairs of pants made from GF RPL--including the gray Pam linked to. It's absolutely wonderful. I can wear those pants all day (and I mean a long day) and they look as good at the end of my wanderings as they did when I put them on.

Judy Kski
star
Judy Kski  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 10/26/08
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 10:21 PM

With the high polyester %, I'm curious about the amount of pilling you've experienced.

I've ordered some of the Charcoal Gray RPL from Gorgeous Fabrics just to try it out in a pair of pants. I've recently made a pair out of Sophia (MFG: Logantex) that seem to be holding up very well and not pilling. I made two other pair prior to that, but they were a different fiber content and I found the more polyester, the greater the chances of pilling. I've washed all of the pants inside out using the delicate cycle and dry them on a rack so care is not the issue. Once I've worn the Sophia pair and washed it a few more times, I'll report my findings.

ETA: I received an email response from Ann. The RPL is a stretch woven, not a knit, so I guess I won't be comparing pants wear after all.

-- Edited on 10/31/12 1:21 AM --

------
Judy

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

In reply to Judy Kski <<

Date: 10/31/12 8:06 PM

Sophia is a knit, the RPL from EOS is a woven fabric.

------
www.nancyksews.blogspot.com

MNBarb
starstarstarstar
MNBarb  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 4/3/10
Send Message

Date: 11/3/12 8:49 AM

What about the static factor with that high polyester content?

------
Barb
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison
"I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." Woodrow Wilson

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to MNBarb <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/3/12 11:41 AM

Nope, not a problem, at least not that I've had. I don't do polyester because of the constant zapping from static, and the unbreathability. But Linda's RPL is something else! Really fluid and luxurious, very well-behaved and easy to sew, and even easier to wear. And I've never had static problems with it at all.

I loved her RPL so much, I bought an entire bolt's worth in charcoal a couple years ago. Really top quality stuff.

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Great Pants Fabric

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

McCall's 6041

photo
by: French.Sea...

Review
SewBaby Twirl Top and Pants Pattern

SewBaby Twirl Top and Pants Pattern

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems The Ultimate Kinsale Cloak Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems The Ultimate Kinsale Cloak Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.