SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Great Pants Fabric ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Great Pants Fabric
couturemom
star
couturemom
Advanced
North Carolina USA
Member since 7/19/11
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 10/29/12 2:17 PM

Even when you order a swatch, it's hard to tell how the entire piece will behave. So I just thought I'd share my experience with this one:
RPL - Emma OneSock

It's a mid-weight, drapey, high-quality fabric that stitches up into great pants with fluidity and minor stretch. If you're ever wondering where to get fabric that's similar to the RTW you find in a store that never wrinkles, this is a good bet!

limer
limer
Beginner
Member since 11/15/10
Send Message

In reply to couturemom <<

Date: 10/29/12 9:15 PM

Oooh! I would definitely jump on that if the shipping costs weren't so high for Canadian shoppers :/

For 3 yards:
Order Subtotal: $38.25
Shipping: $15.25
Grand Total: $53.50

EDIT: Oops! Just read Emma One Sock's note to international customers, that, "If you are concerned about a shipping cost, please e-mail me for an estimate!"

I wouldn't expect it to be reduced by much, though.
-- Edited on 10/29/12 9:21 PM --

Nancywin
starstarstarstar
Nancywin  Friend of PR
California USA
Member since 7/25/06
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 0:51 AM

I have her that her shipping estimates on line are high, but actual cost is much lower. It might be worth the call/email to find out

------
blog: encue.blogspot.com

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Pam~Off The Cuff~
star
Pam~Off The Cuff~  Friend of PR
Expert/Couture
New York USA
Member since 4/18/05
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 8:00 AM

Gorgeous Fabrics always has beautiful RPL fabrics like This one and many others at very reasonable prices...in fact they are currently having a store-wide SALE this week, including these fabrics! I bought a few colors (last week) and they are lusciously fluid with a beautiful hand and weight for pants and suits.

------
~Pam

Pamela Erny
OFF THE CUFF ~Style~
www.Off-The-Cuff-Style.blogspot.com
and My Store...
www.FashionSewingSupply.com !

KathySews
star
KathySews  Friend of PR
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
online now
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 8:39 AM

I just ordered from EOS - thanks for the info that I selected well

shana707

shana707
Advanced
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 3/23/05
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 9:20 AM

I must second Pam's vote for Gorgeous Fabrics. I have several pairs of pants made from GF RPL--including the gray Pam linked to. It's absolutely wonderful. I can wear those pants all day (and I mean a long day) and they look as good at the end of my wanderings as they did when I put them on.

Judy Kski
star
Judy Kski  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 10/26/08
Send Message

Date: 10/30/12 10:21 PM

With the high polyester %, I'm curious about the amount of pilling you've experienced.

I've ordered some of the Charcoal Gray RPL from Gorgeous Fabrics just to try it out in a pair of pants. I've recently made a pair out of Sophia (MFG: Logantex) that seem to be holding up very well and not pilling. I made two other pair prior to that, but they were a different fiber content and I found the more polyester, the greater the chances of pilling. I've washed all of the pants inside out using the delicate cycle and dry them on a rack so care is not the issue. Once I've worn the Sophia pair and washed it a few more times, I'll report my findings.

ETA: I received an email response from Ann. The RPL is a stretch woven, not a knit, so I guess I won't be comparing pants wear after all.

-- Edited on 10/31/12 1:21 AM --

------
Judy

Nancy K
starstarstar
Nancy K
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 12/28/04
Send Message

In reply to Judy Kski <<

Date: 10/31/12 8:06 PM

Sophia is a knit, the RPL from EOS is a woven fabric.

------
www.nancyksews.blogspot.com

MNBarb
starstarstarstar
MNBarb  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 4/3/10
Send Message

Date: 11/3/12 8:49 AM

What about the static factor with that high polyester content?

------
Barb
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." Thomas Edison
"I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow." Woodrow Wilson

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to MNBarb <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/3/12 11:41 AM

Nope, not a problem, at least not that I've had. I don't do polyester because of the constant zapping from static, and the unbreathability. But Linda's RPL is something else! Really fluid and luxurious, very well-behaved and easy to sew, and even easier to wear. And I've never had static problems with it at all.

I loved her RPL so much, I bought an entire bolt's worth in charcoal a couple years ago. Really top quality stuff.

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Great Pants Fabric

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Class Details

Online Class
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Class Details

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2013-121

photo
by: nellc

Review
Fit For Art Trouser Details for Eureka Pants

Fit For Art Trouser Details for Eureka Pants

More Info
Favorite Things A Safe Place Pattern

Favorite Things A Safe Place Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.