SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Want to Copy this neckline ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Want to Copy this neckline
pattern suggestion or drafting tips?
SewingMom
star
SewingMom
Intermediate
CANADA
Member since 4/9/02
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/22/12 10:54 PM

I love this top!

...but I just can't imagine spending that much for a cozy top to lounge around the house in which is basically where I would wear it. The body of the top is simple enough, but I'd really love to replicate that neckline. Is there a pattern out there with a neckline like this or does anyone have a top with a similar neckline that could explain a little bit what the pattern pieces might look like? I'm sure I could draft it if I had somewhere to start and maybe a few basic measurments...

thoughts? TIA!

simplystitches
simplystitches
Beginner
Member since 2/12/06
Send Message

Date: 11/22/12 11:57 PM

How about this one?

Debbie

Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to SewingMom <<

Date: 11/23/12 0:53 AM

Schnittquelle's shirt 'Oviedo' or 'Wilna' look pretty good, too.

Schnittquelle is a German pattern company, one size to each envelope. The sizing is very close to Burda's, and the instructions are minimal to say the least, but the designs are simple and really require very little thought.

I order them direct from the company and can help if you're interested but don't speak German.

-- Edited on 11/23/12 1:18 AM --

limer
limer
Beginner
Member since 11/15/10
Send Message

In reply to SewingMom <<

Date: 11/23/12 2:35 AM

How about New Look 6534? But I'm not certain how you would ruche it - but I think that has to do with the type of material of that top that gives it that ruching effect.

I noticed the fabric is 95% Tencel. Has anyone used that fabric in their sewing?
The info about it [Lenzig textiles] looks like tencel would be great for exercise clothes!
I also see this, "TENCEL is a branded lyocell fiber similar to rayon that comes from the pulp of eucalyptus trees," in a google search about it. Seems interesting - I wonder where it can be bought, and the cost...

limer
limer
Beginner
Member since 11/15/10
Send Message

In reply to Elona <<

Date: 11/23/12 2:42 AM

I have never heard of this company - but now I want to search all their patterns Very tempted to order... trying to resist.. temptation...

KathleenS
starstar
KathleenS  Friend of PR
Intermediate
International AUSTRALIA
Member since 11/18/02
Send Message

Date: 11/23/12 4:17 AM

Butterick 5562?

oldsewandsew

oldsewandsew  Friend of PR
Advanced
Washington USA
Member since 4/13/02
Send Message

Date: 11/23/12 10:33 AM

Just my opinion, but the Butterick one looks like it would be the best, because it actually has a neckline that is on the shoulder.If you want something 'snuggly', you don't really want it off the shoulder!

PattyE
starstarstar
PattyE  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/7/10
Send Message

Date: 11/23/12 11:12 AM

I have that Butterick pattern. I agree that might be your best starting point. It's OOP but available in the BMV OOP sale right now for .99....79 if you're a BMV member.

SewingMom
star
SewingMom
Intermediate
CANADA
Member since 4/9/02
Send Message

Date: 11/23/12 3:19 PM

Thanks ladies. That butterick does look like the best starting point...but I'm loving the Schnittquelle patterns too. Yet another new pattern source to explore!

Thanks so much ladies! =)

SewingMom
star
SewingMom
Intermediate
CANADA
Member since 4/9/02
Send Message

In reply to Elona <<

Date: 11/24/12 8:50 PM

Elona,

Oh my...I don't know whether to thank you or curse you...:p I think I have a new favourite line of patterns. I am in love with some many of the designs. Some really interesting style lines there. I might have to put off my next round of Style Arc patterns in favour of some Schnittquelle!

In your experience, if one was between sizes, would you go up or down? I'm just getting back into sewing for me and have no idea what my burda size is other than the last time I sewed a Burda envelope pattern I ended up with a tent (I was trying to be "honest" with myself when measuring, but I guess my denial went the other way!)

I do speak some German, so I should be okay there as long as I can pay via paypal. Narrowing it down to which patterns to try first is going to be tricky. =)

Thanks so much!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Want to Copy this neckline

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Break your Serger Out of the Box
Break your Serger Out of the Box

Class Details

Online Class
Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Class Details

Butterick 5610

photo
by: Aurelie

Review
Vogue Patterns 1179

photo
by: Kayseri

Review
PerfectFuse Light White

PerfectFuse Light White

More Info
Acrylic Base In 5 Sizes

Acrylic Base In 5 Sizes

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.