SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Beginner's Forum > Very Easy Vogue ( Moderated by EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Very Easy Vogue
Beginner at Sewing
Manifestomiku
Manifestomiku
Beginner
Member since 11/2/12
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/24/12 9:54 PM

Salutations Everyone I'm a beginner at sewing, I did take home economics classes and made a few simple things such as a tote bag and hand stitches. I want to expand my knowledge and pursue this, which is why I want to learn more. This is my first time sewing with a pattern and would like to know if the very easy vogue does do it's job at being "very easy". I picked up a few patterns such as the Very Easy Vogue 9607, 7072. And the shoulder pad pattern. I'm currently working on completing 9607. Thanks for reading

MBMc
MBMc  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 7/29/08
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/24/12 10:50 PM

I think it's fine to just dive in and learn as you go. You may wind up with an unwearable garment occasionally, but sewing like everything else has a learning curve. Most of my early efforts were with easy Simplicity patterns. Vintage Vogue patterns are often more complicated, but you can always ask questons here. My early efforts were mostly successful, and yours will be too if you have chosen simple patterns. Take advantage of all the expert advice you can get here from some very talented people. Search on this site to see if reviews have been written for the patterns you plan to sew. Reviews may give you tips that will help you avoid problems. Search the pattern numbers to see if anyone has reviewed the patterns you're working on.

Manifestomiku
Manifestomiku
Beginner
Member since 11/2/12
Send Message

Date: 11/24/12 11:36 PM

I searched for the pattern reviews and only found the one for the shoulder pads, I can't wait to start this. Thanks

SandiMacD
star
SandiMacD  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

Date: 11/25/12 5:03 AM

Those are fun choices. If you get stumped along the way, just post to the forum. Have you picked out your fabric? Will you need to alter the pattern?

------
sewing brings joy and meaning to my life...

Manifestomiku
Manifestomiku
Beginner
Member since 11/2/12
Send Message

In reply to SandiMacD <<

Date: 11/25/12 8:52 AM

I'm using Linen for the orange dress (9607), A friend of mine matches the sizes for size 8. As for the other shirt (7072) I'm going to need to complete a set of shoulder pads.

Manifestomiku
Manifestomiku
Beginner
Member since 11/2/12
Send Message

In reply to MBMc <<

Date: 11/25/12 8:55 AM

I actually tried my first pattern a few weeks ago, it didn't turn out well ,as I've ripped the tissue accident halfway when sewing the pieces together. I did see the wide range of skilled seamstresses in this website. Thank you

PattyE
starstarstar
PattyE  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/7/10
Send Message

Date: 11/25/12 10:37 AM

Oh, I have that middle pattern...the blouse.

Sewnforever
Sewnforever  Friend of PR
Intermediate
United Kingdom
Member since 11/26/08
Send Message

Date: 11/25/12 4:59 PM

Oh my goodness - somewhere in a storage box in my attic I too have the blouse and shoulder pad patternsfrom when they were first offered - am I so old now they are fashionable again

Marie367
Marie367
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 5/28/11
Send Message

In reply to Manifestomiku <<

Date: 11/25/12 5:08 PM

Welcome! Certainly it is ok to jump right in. However, it would help you a great deal to take some lessons-a real person can show you things you can't learn in a book and can answer questions. Craftsy is having a sale and it looks like they have a beginner's class. That might help you. Kwik Sew has great directions (although not the fashion sense of Vogue) so finding one or two of those to work up might help you to get the basics down. This is a cute pattern but looks challenging for a beginner. Just ask lots of questions. People on here will be happy to help you. Keep in mind "very easy" in patterns sometimes means very easy if you are an experienced sewer.

Manifestomiku
Manifestomiku
Beginner
Member since 11/2/12
Send Message

Date: 11/25/12 6:44 PM

I picked out everything I need for the Very Easy Vogue 9607, I bought linen, buttons and snaps, bias tape, zipper and hooks and eyes, as well as the fusible interfacing. I'm very anxious and nervous to see how this turns out , hopefully everything turns out well, and thank you once again

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Beginner's Forum >> Very Easy Vogue

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Butterick 5485

photo
by: otterine

Review
Sew Liberated Sunday Picnic Blouse and Dress

Sew Liberated Sunday Picnic Blouse and Dress

Buy Now
Favorite Things The Wrap Dress Pattern

Favorite Things The Wrap Dress Pattern

Buy Now
BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2013-127

photo
by: squirrelly...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.