SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Machine Embroidery > PE 770 at Amazon ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
PE 770 at Amazon
today's price $537!!
sewfrequent

sewfrequent
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 6/27/03
Send Message

Date: 11/25/12 11:49 AM

This is a great price for 5x7 embroidery machine. I think I bought mine thru Amazon or Over-stock 2 years ago and it was this time of year and same deal but mine was very slightly more.

KensingtonCrab
KensingtonCrab
Advanced Beginner
South Carolina USA
Member since 2/13/09
Send Message

In reply to sewfrequent <<

Date: 11/25/12 12:36 PM

I just saw that! I think I was originally looking at it on Sears.com and it took me to Overstock.com. I am looking into an embroidery machine--just basic but know I should look for a machine that will hold a 5x7 hoop and have a USB port. With the USB port, can you transfer your own designs from the pc onto the embroidery machine? I'd like to do monograms and also a little symbol of my own--ie: like the polo player on RL clothes. Would this machine fit the bill?

------
Carpe diem!

Marie367
Marie367
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 5/28/11
Send Message

Date: 11/25/12 4:35 PM

I saw this too and was going to post. I wish I had the money but I need a coverstitch before I jump into embroidery! Great price!

sewfrequent

sewfrequent
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 6/27/03
Send Message

In reply to KensingtonCrab <<

Date: 11/25/12 6:53 PM

Yes, you can transfer your own designs but you'd require some additonal specialized software for that--about which I am clueless bc i only collect designs from embroidery library and i'm able to file, save and transfer them easily. I used PEDBasic but I think that is too simplistic for what you are wanting to do. I hope someone can tell you which program you would need as a minimum to do what you want to do. You also need a way to view the design files on your computer. I'd love to know what most other people use for that purpose. My PEDBasic does that and so far, its been perfect for me bc it is so very basic and simple to use.

KensingtonCrab
KensingtonCrab
Advanced Beginner
South Carolina USA
Member since 2/13/09
Send Message

Date: 11/26/12 10:12 AM

Thanks so much for explaining this to me. I don't know about the PED basic so I will research. One gal was telling me she had her design digitalized and then she could embroider--sounds like she used an outside service and it cost her $10 to have done. I was hoping to take the plunge and buy the machine today. I hope by bumping this up, someone else can help us.

------
Carpe diem!

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

Date: 11/26/12 10:32 AM

This site will explain how to save your downloads, unzip and save the contents of the download.

There are more tips and techniques at the above listed site as well as at Embroidery Library

-- Edited on 11/26/12 11:01 AM --

------
"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

Date: 11/26/12 10:45 AM

This model comes with a USB stick and the only extra you need will be a method of viewing the downloaded designs.

I have found Thumbnailer is the easiest and less expensive program at around $40. Video for Thumbnailer.

------

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

In reply to KensingtonCrab <<

Date: 11/26/12 10:52 AM

You can create your own designs with Machine Embroidery Digitizing software.

Many companies have free trials. Then, there is Stitch Era Universal that is a free program that you can download. Click here.

Scroll down the page for the download.

-- Edited on 11/26/12 11:02 AM --

------

RipStitcher
star
RipStitcher
Advanced
Member since 5/28/12
Send Message

Date: 11/26/12 11:24 PM

Oh... I'm sorry! I just saw this price drop on the machine, too (and posted on another thread about it).

The other thing I think is awesome is that there is a set of hoops for the PE770 so a person could save alot of $$ on stabilizer:

4 Hoop Set for PE770

I think it would be handy to have that second 5x7, too.. I just did a 12 piece quilting block set (12 days of Christmas thing).. and it would have been nice to be able to have the next one hooped up while the first was stitchin'.

------
My pattern video is on www.BionicGearBag.com
The drama is on: www.RipStitcher.com

Wish list:
Sashiko
Ovation serger
Bernina 880 - Just cuz.
Bernina Tula Pink 350SE

Love my:
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Bernina 550qe
ElnaPress

KensingtonCrab
KensingtonCrab
Advanced Beginner
South Carolina USA
Member since 2/13/09
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ <<

Date: 11/27/12 8:53 AM

PattiAnnJ--many many thanks for taking the time to explain and link this info. I appreciate your help!

------
Carpe diem!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> PE 770 at Amazon

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

StyleArc Grace Trans-seasonal Coat

photo
by: Robin Denn...

Review
THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King

THE SKIRTS - A CD Book By Kenneth King

Buy Now
Bluegingerdoll Stella Blouse

Bluegingerdoll Stella Blouse

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.