SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Computers AARGH!!! > What's with the TEENIE little comments box on reviews? ( Moderated by Pyrose, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
What's with the TEENIE little comments box on reviews?
I get the smallest box ever to write in?
Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

Date: 11/25/12 7:39 PM

The little area now on the reviews that is the comment box is like FB. Tiny little space which makes it hard to edit for typos. Hardly room for two lines to be seen at once. GGrrrr....please add more room.

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

Sew4Fun
starstarstarstar
Sew4Fun
Advanced
AUSTRALIA
Member since 6/23/04
Send Message

In reply to Mufffet <<

Date: 11/25/12 10:47 PM

Muffet, out of interest are you using an iPad or a tablet? I ask because I have noticed the comment box when using my iPad is itsy-bitsy but on my computer the same box is much larger.

I'd also like to see the comment box a lot larger for mobile devices.

------
Belinda. Melbourne, Australia
http://sew-4-fun.blogspot.com/

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

In reply to Sew4Fun <<

Date: 11/26/12 11:12 AM

Nope. I am using Chrome on a Win7 machine as well as my iMac desktop at hope - large display - no other anomalies. Weird tiny little box.It used to be a large box?!

------
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

LauraTS
star
LauraTS  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 7/10/06
Send Message

Subject: Whats with the TEENIE little comments box on reviews? Date: 11/26/12 3:23 PM

Can you enlarge the comment box? I'm using Firefox on a Mac and there's a little diagonal thingie on the bottom right corner of the box where if I hover over it with my mouse I can drag the box bigger. I suspect that this is browser-related - you might try IE (yikes, but PR is a really old site design-wise) or Firefox and see if that fixes things.

------
I've moved! Visit my new sewing blog at http://chiralcraft.wordpress.com

Do you sew from KnipMode? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knipmode_english/

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

In reply to LauraTS <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/26/12 4:39 PM

Oh boy - now I really feel stupid - NOW I do see the corner and I realize you are so right. WHY didn't I notice that?! No idea...and I still am in Chrome. Thanks so much. Geez....that's the kind of thing I pride myself on being able to help other people with and again I think you!

------
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

Claire in Montreal
star
Claire in Montreal
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/22/08
Send Message

In reply to Mufffet <<

Date: 11/26/12 9:11 PM

oh man, count me in with the 'feeling stupid' - I noticed the smaller box but NEVER noticed the arrow !

------
Claire
1seamatatime.blogspot.com

Kenmore / Necchi BU Mira
Singer 99 (3) / HD110 / 66 (RedEye) / 127 Treadle / 15-90 / 221

mary in FL
star
mary in FL  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 4/28/02
Send Message

In reply to LauraTS <<

Date: 11/26/12 9:33 PM

I had also not noticed the drag lines in the corner of the comment box. I didn't know if running Chrome on Win7 has anything to do with it, but I do know the Windows trick for [most?] browsers: the Control key and the Plus sign to make print bigger. The minus sign would make it smaller.

------
from Daytona Beach, FL
http://mary-sews.blogspot.com/

LauraTS
star
LauraTS  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 7/10/06
Send Message

Subject: Whats with the TEENIE little comments box on reviews? Date: 11/27/12 1:31 PM

Yay, I was helpful! Don't feel dumb, y'all, I think I found that feature by accident once when I was trying to do something else.

(FYI, text boxes didn't use to be resizeable, and they still might not be on some sites and on some browsers, but I think most modern browsers allow it.)

------
I've moved! Visit my new sewing blog at http://chiralcraft.wordpress.com

Do you sew from KnipMode? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knipmode_english/

Laurie Lou
star
Laurie Lou  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 10/16/05
Send Message

Subject: Whats with the TEENIE little comments box on reviews? Date: 11/27/12 2:07 PM

My comment box is tiny too...it use to be bigger but I don't have an option to make it bigger. I just checked...unless I have to start typing to activate it. hmmm

------
Laurie Lou

Rhoda K
star
Rhoda K  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Alabama USA
Member since 8/22/05
Send Message

Date: 11/27/12 6:03 PM

I complained about this sometime ago on the Bugs/Errors site and never got a response. You can use the up/down arrows, but I would prefer a box a bit bigger so I could see more of my comment, instead of one line at a time.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Computers AARGH!!! >> What's with the TEENIE little comments box on reviews?

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Simplicity 5052

photo
by: yummymummy...

Review
McCall's 5114 OOP

photo
by: FreyaStark

Review
Bluegingerdoll Stella Blouse

Bluegingerdoll Stella Blouse

Buy Now
You Sew Girl A-Line Skirt Pattern

You Sew Girl A-Line Skirt Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.