SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > New Review of Bernina 710 ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
New Review of Bernina 710
Check out my review
SoWalQuilter

SoWalQuilter
Advanced
FL USA
Member since 1/26/07
Send Message

Date: 11/27/12 8:06 AM

I just added a review of my new Bernina 710 in the Sewing Machine review section - in a nutshell, I love it.

B710 Review
-- Edited on 11/27/12 8:07 AM --

------
Tina in Sowal
Bernina B710
Singer 301a
Singer 221 Featherweight
Singer 115 treadle

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IL USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 11/27/12 9:19 AM

Superb review! Very thorough, thank you. I'd love to hear more about your 710 as you work with it, any chance you'll post updates here, pretty please?

Would also love to see that quilt at any stage of completion. No pressure ;)

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

SoWalQuilter

SoWalQuilter
Advanced
FL USA
Member since 1/26/07
Send Message

In reply to Maia B <<

Date: 11/27/12 9:37 AM

I will post updates, and I will try to get a pic of the sofa-quilt-in-progress.

------
Tina in Sowal
Bernina B710
Singer 301a
Singer 221 Featherweight
Singer 115 treadle

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
online now
Send Message

In reply to SoWalQuilter <<

Date: 11/27/12 10:48 AM

I'll have to read the review. I clicked on the link and the review is a nice long one.

------
I really enjoy quilting. I love to play with fabrics, colors and pictures. I recently discovered how much fun applique can be. As I love making pictures, landscape quilting can be challenging, but seeing the picture come to life is so rewarding.
Bernina 630, my main machine
Pfaff 2036, my class machine
Babylock Molly
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

RipStitcher
star
RipStitcher
Advanced
CO
Member since 5/28/12
Send Message

Date: 11/27/12 2:05 PM

Nice review!

I'm still lusting to get a Bernina someday just so I can be a foot addict. Love their footsies!

I saw that you did like I did.. and went with that Gidget 2 Table by Arrow ... I bought mine at Amazon a few months ago.... and since then, they dropped the price by $20!

I love that table! I've been using it for my Janome, but just this week, I put my EG on it to see how it would be... and now that its even on a hard floor (I moved), it still doesn't vibrate.

I haven't tried to lower the EG down into it yet (I don't have an extended table for the EG yet) ... but it seems it will fit just fine.

That table is probably the best deal I've seen for how well constructed and efficient it is.

When I went to a quilting retreat in October, most of the gals that brought tables were using the Gidget 2. A few had another brand that is purple with a hole in the top for a handle... but I personally think these Gidget 2's are so much nicer. They sure handle these heavy machines well!

------
~~~YAY! ~~~ I finally published my first pattern!
See demo video on: www.BionicGearBag.com
My personal blog: www.RipStitcher.com

Wish list:
Bernina 550QE (for it's cute little footprint)
Sashiko
Ovation serger

Love my Babylock Ellisimo Gold & ElnaPress

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
HI USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

Date: 11/27/12 2:27 PM

I'm shocked at the few feet included. I wonder how many more you get with the 750? With the price of B feet, it might justify the upgrade.

I loved your review, by the way. Thank you sooooooo much, as where I live there's none to test yet.

------
Let's just say all modern sms are well represented in my studio.

Soolip
star
Soolip
Advanced
CA USA
Member since 6/18/08
Send Message

In reply to KPM <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 11/27/12 3:30 PM

According to the brochure, the 710 has 5 feet included, and the 750 has 8. When I got my 930 in 1986 it had 9 feet but then that was their TOL machine at the time.

I like Bernina feet too, though in most cases I've found they are not really any better than the feet from other manufacturers. Nor do they necessarily work better than the feet I've got for my vintage Singers. They do make a lot of specialty feet, which is handy if you really have a unique application that requires a special foot. It would be hard for me to justify the price unless I was doing production. Buying a Bernina foot for one-time use seems extravagant to me.

Before I got good enough to edgestitch without it, I thought the Bernina edgestitch foot was a really useful foot to have. I don't think it's included nowadays though.

SoWalQuilter

SoWalQuilter
Advanced
FL USA
Member since 1/26/07
Send Message

In reply to Soolip <<

Date: 11/27/12 3:51 PM

Yes, sorry, my review says 4 feet included, I was not including the buttonhole foot.

I haven't sewn a garment since high school, so the buttonhole foot completely slipped my mind.

------
Tina in Sowal
Bernina B710
Singer 301a
Singer 221 Featherweight
Singer 115 treadle

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
HI USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

Date: 11/27/12 10:13 PM

Are you in the USA? Just askin.' Sometimes the parts differ in other countries.

------
Let's just say all modern sms are well represented in my studio.

andye
andye  Friend of PR
Beginner
VA USA
Member since 5/9/09
Send Message

In reply to Soolip <<

Date: 11/27/12 11:46 PM

Quote: Soolip
According to the brochure, the 710 has 5 feet included, and the 750 has 8. When I got my 930 in 1986 it had 9 feet but then that was their TOL machine at the time.

If you buy the 780, TEN feet are included. (and it's not even the top of the line). What a Bargain! The unincluded ones give the dealer something to sell on repeat visits.

------
Bernina B330
Feet: 1,2,3,3A,4,5,7,8,10,13,16,18,20, 29,32,35,37,50,64,70,71,82,85,86, 92

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> New Review of Bernina 710

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Christine Jonson Straight Shirt

Christine Jonson Straight Shirt

Buy Now
Sewing Workshop Deja Vu Wrap Pattern

Sewing Workshop Deja Vu Wrap Pattern

Buy Now
No Pattern Used 0000

photo
by: Renren

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.