SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Miscellaneous > What??? Sad day for my "relatives" ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
What??? Sad day for my "relatives"
Brontosaurus never existed??
Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/11/12 8:58 AM

As many of you know, I've been sewing since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and several of you have mentioned you were there too. But recently I found out some shocking news. The beloved brontosaurus, whom I've been very close to in my "travels" here on PR, never existed. Yes, that's true!!! The story is here:
HERE

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

In reply to Miss Fairchild <<

Date: 12/11/12 9:31 AM

very interesting. Hmmmmmmm

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

Saya
star
Saya
Advanced Beginner
NETHERLANDS
Member since 7/18/08
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 12/11/12 10:29 AM

Quote:
To hurry along the process so he could claim the credit, he substituted the skull of another dinosaur and dubbed the finding Apatosaurus.

Shouldn't it be the Apatosaurus that doesn't exist? I mean, that was the one with the wrong head!

*reads the story again*

Quote:
And as NPR notes, even the Carnegie Museum itself placed the wrong head on an Apatosaurus skeleton in 1932, calling it a Brontosaurus.

Wait a minute, how can you place the wrong head on a dinosaur that never had the correct head to begin with?
GlButterfly

GlButterfly
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 12/11/12 11:26 AM

Do you happen to have any photos of these creatures which you took way back then? That might prove things one way or the other?

------
That's Gl = for Gloria, not G. I.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

Date: 12/11/12 1:28 PM

Oh wow.. talk about messing with your family tree. not to mention your DNA and medical history.
At least we all still know you are as old as a dinosaur.. doesn't matter which dinosaur it is..

Changma
star
Changma  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 2/20/12
Send Message

Date: 12/11/12 7:22 PM

Maybe it's because I've had a very long daybut the whole article seems more fictional than the brontosaurus. Grain of salt and all of that...

jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 12/11/12 7:26 PM

Oh, this is total bull. I saw the Brontosaurus with my own two eyes. He was on the corner of Flatbush Avenue and 17th Street.

j.

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

Date: 12/11/12 10:59 PM

And then there is the current fairy tale about the frog who turned into a prince.

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 12/12/12 0:42 AM

Quote:
Wait a minute, how can you place the wrong head on a dinosaur that never had the correct head to begin with?
With speed and accuracy so as to bluff people for many years.

Quote:
Do you happen to have any photos of these creatures which you took way back then?
If photos had been invented. All I have is my dinosaur memory.

Quote:
doesn't matter which dinosaur it is..
Whew! That's a relief!

Quote:
I saw the Brontosaurus with my own two eyes. He was on the corner of Flatbush Avenue and 17th Street.
That must have been my cousin...or maybe my brother...or maybe...

Quote:
And then there is the current fairy tale about the frog who turned into a prince.
I wonder what kind of head they put on him?

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Illinois USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

Subject: What??? Sad day for my relatives Date: 12/12/12 1:52 AM

I hope they never declare the Maiasaurus non-existent. 67% of my total coolness (as determined by boys aged 6-11) comes from sharing a name with a dinosaur species.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> What??? Sad day for my "relatives"

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Break your Serger Out of the Box
Break your Serger Out of the Box

Register

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Moebius Scarf Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.