SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > HSN prices ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
HSN prices
Really?
RipStitcher
star
RipStitcher
Advanced
Member since 5/28/12
Send Message

Date: 1/11/13 12:07 PM

Really????

Who pays this?

I was just doing a search for a project I have in mind... (fund raiser for a shelter) ... and I about fell over when I found this fabric.

Anybody else got a good source for some quilting cotton type fabric with dog, cat & bird motifs?

------
Video of how the Bionic Gear Bag works is here: www.BionicGearBag.com
Neglected personal blog is here: www.RipStitcher.com
Share pics on Instagram: RipStitcher

Tool junkie at heart!

Bernina 880 Sterling Edition & Bernina 550qe

Next up:
Babylock Sashiko
Babylock serger
& a new-new Sewmobile - see my last #sewmobile in Instagram

quirkygal

quirkygal
Advanced Beginner
New Jersey USA
Member since 1/20/06
Send Message

Date: 1/11/13 12:54 PM

I loved the $3.95 shipping charge - per item!

Connecting Threads (connectingthreads.com) has some clearance fabric that might work but it's not very cutesy:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/ParlorPets_CD157.html

I've ordered from them before and found the fabric to be high quality and the customer service excellent.

Hancock Fabrics currently has some of their calicos on sale:
http://search.hancockfabrics.com/browse/_/N-0Zxl?Nrpp=24&Ntk=Primary&Ntt=dog&x=0&y=0

(I searched for the word "Dog" because I'm original like that). I've also ordered from them and have received my orders promptly.

Depending on your budget, Fabric.com has an entire section devoted to animal prints.
https://www.fabric.com/quilting-fabric-animal-print-quilting-fabrics.aspx?Source=LeftNav

https://www.fabric.com/apparel-fashion-fabric-baby-children-39-s-apparel-fabrics-flannel-fabrics-flannel-animal-novelty.aspx (in case you're making snuggle beds or blankies).

You can also try sending an email to Fabric Mart. In the past they've been kind enough to search their inventory for my requests (though that's been garment fabric).

mrsbewley
starstar
mrsbewley  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Ohio USA
Member since 8/14/08
Send Message

In reply to RipStitcher <<

Date: 1/11/13 2:07 PM

Have you looked at eQuilter? Their prices seem to range from $7-10/yard, and they have lots of animal prints.

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
Wisconsin USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 1/11/13 2:43 PM

Kitty fabric? Of course you go to Novelty fabrics at Joann's or Hancock's some is at Hobby Lobby & if you really want something Ebay & Etsy also has it .. put in cat fabric yardage & let the fun begin!
What you makin? Beddy byes?

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<
Meowy Christmas everyone!

Oh good, DH has now getting a nice part time job. Avg 20 hours a week.
The sewing workers:
Hello Kitty Kate (green), Hello Kitty Valerie, Dottie Kenmore, Bubba Kenmore the traveler.

Be still & know that I Am God +
Dear God...please help us out..Thank you..+

lkmbpk
lkmbpk
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 12/28/09
Send Message

Date: 1/11/13 2:46 PM

I just found this dog print fabric at Walmart. It's cotton, but feels a little like flannel. And, it was less than $4.00 a yard.

If your Walmart carries fabric, it might be worth checking it out. Ya never know...

------
Doo-doo-DOO-doo, Doo-doo-DOO-doo......
You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Internet!

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

thumbsup 6 members like this.

Date: 1/11/13 2:51 PM

Not sure all the dogs will care. However, my dog flips his "bed" to the solid side.

His beds (one for each level of the house, including in the sewing area) has a print side and a solid side that zips open so the cover can be removed for washing.

The inside consists of two recycled king size bed pillows (was using them for bed shams) stitched together long one long side.

"I like big mutts and I cannot lie!"

-- Edited on 1/11/13 2:53 PM --

------
"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
Wisconsin USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ <<

Date: 1/11/13 2:52 PM

------

The sewing workers:
Hello Kitty Kate (green), Hello Kitty Valerie, Dottie Kenmore, Bubba Kenmore the traveler.

DonnaH
star
DonnaH
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 10/1/03
Send Message

Date: 1/11/13 2:53 PM

Walmart and Hobby Lobby are where I'd look first (in person) for cute animal fabric. And most (w/ HL sale) are under that price per yard (not per 1/4 yd! yikes) - I'd expect to pay about $5-7/yd. And at W, sometimes you find cool stuff for less than that.

I still haven't gotten past my fear of not being able to feel the fabric before purchase, so I don't order online. LOL

RipStitcher
star
RipStitcher
Advanced
Member since 5/28/12
Send Message

In reply to tgm and Kittys <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 1/11/13 3:12 PM

Quote: tgm and Kittys
Kitty fabric? Of course you go to Novelty fabrics at Joann's or Hancock's some is at Hobby Lobby & if you really want something Ebay & Etsy also has it .. put in cat fabric yardage & let the fun begin!

What you makin? Beddy byes?

You're gonna laugh....

But I made about 40 of those simple little pocket tissue covers before Christmas. They whip up fast... people seem to like them... and because I was using up some scrap stuff around here, I had a little bit of kitty and dog prints that I used up to make ... oh... maybe about 10 of them.

Those 10 went first when I was letting people pick one.

So I'm going to make another 100 or so and try to sell them for $5 each for the local animal shelter.

I'm a *big* dog lover... but I absolutely, positively *CANNOT* go into a shelter... it messes me up so bad... I want to take every one of them home... and I can't be trusted to go in there and come out empty handed. So the only way I can be supportive is with $$$.

So these tissue cover thingies are one thing that are fast to put together and still look good. Not many projects fit that bill.

I still need to see if I can get the packages of tissues for less... Walmart sells them for $2.26 for 8 packages - which isn't bad... but would love to bring that price down even more if I'm going to wind up making a few hundred of these this year.

------
Video of how the Bionic Gear Bag works is here: www.BionicGearBag.com
Neglected personal blog is here: www.RipStitcher.com
Share pics on Instagram: RipStitcher

Tool junkie at heart!

Bernina 880 Sterling Edition & Bernina 550qe

Next up:
Babylock Sashiko
Babylock serger
& a new-new Sewmobile - see my last #sewmobile in Instagram

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
Wisconsin USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

Date: 1/11/13 3:41 PM

Oh that is very good!
Do you have a Dollar Tree by you? They have those tissues & everything in Dollar Tree is a dollar.
What about checkbook cover or ID case? I am not sure if you would like to make those but they are good fund raisers too.

------

The sewing workers:

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> HSN prices

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

Leather 101
Leather 101

Register

Lekala Patterns 4100

photo
by: Michelle L

Review
McCall's 6163

photo
by: Acient3

Review
Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Buy Now
Everyday Baskets

Everyday Baskets

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.