SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Machines > Enabler Alert!!! Babylock Coverstitch on ebay ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Enabler Alert!!! Babylock Coverstitch on ebay
for $300 Buy it now!!
pinkymom
pinkymom
Beginner
Member since 4/9/11
Send Message

Date: 1/18/13 10:50 AM

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to pass this along. A Babylock coverstitch machine buy it now $300.00. That is a great price. I paid $ 1000 for mine.

Here is the link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babylock-coverstitch-machine-Model-BLCS-/251215504500?pt=BI_Sewing_Machines&hash=item3a7d9c6474

------
Bernina 200E, 750E, 1150MDC, Babylock Evolution, BLCS2, Juki 2010q, Simplicity Blindsticher.

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
Send Message

In reply to pinkymom <<

Date: 1/18/13 11:42 AM

It just sold. I wonder how many there are as they sold one on the 15th too.I wasn't seeing a power cord or foot pedal...

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to karen149 <<

Date: 1/18/13 1:21 PM

I was concerned about the 0 feedback, and now you say they sold another one previously? Is this yet another fake posting?

There have been a huge slew of them on ebay lately.

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

loti
starstarstar
loti  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 5/27/04
Send Message

Date: 1/18/13 1:32 PM

It looks like they sold the exact same one again. When an ebay seller doesn't bother to take a new photograph of the item they are selling that should sound off alarms.

------
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
Coco Chanel

Stash Sewn in 2011 148.5 Yds
Stash Sewn in 2012.... counting...

http://adonising.blogspot.com

Sibilance7
Sibilance7
Intermediate
Member since 8/10/11
Send Message

Date: 1/18/13 2:10 PM

Hmm, I was *thisclose* to buying it this morning but had a somewhat heated discussion with DH about how I agreed to not spend ahead anymore and to instead save up for all my purchases.

I always pay through Paypal, so I'm not necessarily concerned about a scam. I know from being a seller that there's an almost excessive amount of protection for buyers on Ebay.

I'm confused, though - who said this seller already sold one before? I have an Ebay alert for the BLCS machine and I this is the first alert I've received for one since I set up the alert months ago.

EDIT: nevermind, I see it in the seller's completed listings from 1/15. That's odd that it didn't come up in my Ebay alerts.
-- Edited on 1/18/13 2:12 PM --

------
My blog: www.feministstitch.com

I sew on:
Olivia, my Pfurple Pfaff Creative Performance
BabyLock Evolution

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

Date: 1/18/13 2:14 PM

Could simply be the first buyer never paid.. I would not take a new pic myself if I were the seller.
And it could be it doesn t have a power cord.. perhaps that is why the first buyer never paid for it.. causing a relist of sorts.
Best to always take time to ask about anything that is not shown in the pics before buying.. but then with a really good bargain.. it would be gone before you got an answer back from the seller..

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to Sibilance7 <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 1/18/13 2:24 PM

Tell DH that your financial advisor (me) smacks him upside the head; a $1200+ BLCS for $300??!

------
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

Sibilance7
Sibilance7
Intermediate
Member since 8/10/11
Send Message

In reply to LynnRowe <<

Date: 1/18/13 2:56 PM

OMG, LynnRowe, believe me, I nearly smacked him upside his head myself! But maybe it would mean more coming from you since you're going to school for all this financial stuff . . .

Poor Pigling has a good point, though - maybe the other person just didn't pay. I would have taken the risk as a buyer because Ebay is pretty good about making things right for buyers - I bought a serger off of Ebay a bit over a year ago and it was damaged, so Ebay said the seller had to take it back. Though I had proof from my Bernina dealer that it needed a new PCB (I think that's what it was called), Ebay didn't even require any proof for the return.

------
My blog: www.feministstitch.com

I sew on:
Olivia, my Pfurple Pfaff Creative Performance
BabyLock Evolution

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to Sibilance7 <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 1/18/13 5:29 PM

I am a CPA (US), with a couple of degrees, and am currently finishing up the 2-year executive CPA (Canadian) designation, so I can definitely blind him with a flurry of obtuse calculations!

------

loti
starstarstar
loti  Friend of PR
Advanced
Florida USA
Member since 5/27/04
Send Message

In reply to poorpigling <<

Date: 1/18/13 8:07 PM

The listings are only 3 days apart, I've not known of any seller that is that impatient unless they state. payment immediately or within 3 days, but this didn't mention it. Unless the buyer contacted the seller to say that they hit the button by mistake. The other listings are a bit strange as well.... I did notice they are from Texas..... so am wondering if it is YOU PP that is listing these items LOL.

Is that why you want us to buy? Just kidding.

I recently bought a BL from ebay and it came with nothing, it was a good price but I had to buy the foot control for it. It's at the dealers getting a thorough checking before I put it to work, so deals can be had.

------
"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
Coco Chanel

Stash Sewn in 2011 148.5 Yds
Stash Sewn in 2012.... counting...

http://adonising.blogspot.com

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Enabler Alert!!! Babylock Coverstitch on ebay

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

BurdaStyle Downloadable 113

photo
by: Westy85

Review
Sewn Square One Swing Shift Pattern

Sewn Square One Swing Shift Pattern

Buy Now
Candice

Candice

Buy Now
Vogue Patterns 8827

photo
by: stitchywit...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.