SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > bernina 635 embroidery module compatible with bernina 750? ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
bernina 635 embroidery module compatible with bernina 750?
sewnew
star
sewnew
Beginner
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 1/19/13 9:32 PM

Hi ladies, I would love to get your input on this: I saw a bernina 635 with embroidery module (floor model) for $3419. I do like the bernina 7 series for the dual feed/wider harp. Does anyone know if the embroidery module from the 635 can be used with the 750? Any thoughts regarding the pricing on the 635? My plan would be to use the 635 for sewing, embroidery and in the future, add the 750 and be able to use the embroidery module from the 635. Would be almost similar cost as buying the 750 with embroidery module and I would now have another bernina machine for backup.

Thanks in advance for your input.

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to sewnew <<

Date: 1/19/13 10:30 PM

No it cannot. The module for the 750 is like the one for the 830.

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

sewnew
star
sewnew
Beginner
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 1/20/13 0:15 AM

thanks for the info! back to waiting and saving. My friend even suggested for me to look at the 830 when I mentioned I was interested in embroidery so I could have possibility of growth. Now more things to ponder.

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Illinois USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

Date: 1/20/13 10:25 AM

I don't do machine embroidery at all, so maybe someone else could explain the difference in embroidery capabilities between the 630/635 and 750.

I bought my 630 used (about 2.5 yrs old) for $2350. Best machine purchase I've made. LOVE that machine, it's pure sewing bliss.

So depending on your goals/needs for embroidery, maybe the 635 would meets those, and you could add the 750 or even the sewing-only 710 later for the wide harp and dual feed. Just a thought.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

sewnew
star
sewnew
Beginner
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 1/20/13 3:55 PM

I am all in a tizzy at the thought of getting the 830, need to take a deep breath and calm down :)

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to sewnew <<

Date: 1/21/13 9:08 AM

I have the 830 and LOVE it!!

Edited to add: I had the 635E and loved it!! Great workhorse!
-- Edited on 1/21/13 9:10 AM --

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

sewnew
star
sewnew
Beginner
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 1/21/13 5:13 PM

thanks! It's fun to dream and have choices. And I love having all you ladies to give your advices. It will be a while for me to make the commitment, I want to save up and wait for all the bugs to work themselves out, maybe see what's up with Bernina 830 in the next reinvention.

tnbrdnrd
tnbrdnrd
Intermediate
Tennessee USA
Member since 10/21/09
Send Message

Date: 2/14/13 4:02 PM

I am so happy to see this post. I, too, am dreaming, wishing, hoping for the 750. Especially since I am down to sewing on 3 vintage Singers that I have. Several months ago, after being in intensive care a couple of times, my old faithful workhorse Viking 1100 completely crossed over to the other side... (parts).
I have been looking at the Janome 12000 also, but I want to do fmq and no matter how hard I have tried and how many hours I have practiced, I cannot get the hang of fmq and I believe that the 750 comes with the BSR (someone correct me if I am wrong) and I think that I might be able to do it with the 750.
BTW, I am soooo envious of all you ladies who can fmq so beautifully! To me, you all have a wonderful gift!
Anyway, please keep these posts coming, since the more info on this machine, the better.

GothDom
star
GothDom  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 3/24/10
Send Message

Date: 2/14/13 4:12 PM

Right now, I would totally buy the 830 again.
The more familiar with her I become, the more impressed I am.

------
http://www.acdc-vintage.com
This one, that one, and a bunch of other ones!
(though the herd is getting more streamlined)

lgrande
star
lgrande  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 1/18/12
Send Message

In reply to GothDom <<

Date: 2/14/13 5:10 PM

Me too. I am really, really bonding with my 830. I'm finding that it can do anything I throw at it. It's truly a machine you can grow into.

------
Linda

Bernina 830LE - Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 - Bernina B530 - Janome 6600P - Pfaff 1209 - Babylock Evolution - Janome 644 - Babylock Sashiko2 - Babylock BLCS-2

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> bernina 635 embroidery module compatible with bernina 750?

Merchants on PR

Budo Bear Designs

Asian Designs
Web site

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Understanding Wool Fabrics
Understanding Wool Fabrics

Register

Vogue Patterns 8390

photo
by: ArtAttack

Review
Petite Plus 102 Pattern

Petite Plus 102 Pattern

Buy Now
Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern

Favorite Things The Classic Shirt Pattern

Buy Now
Self Drafted Pattern 220738-1008

photo
by: Sew Whatev...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.