SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > Brother Innovis 5000 Laura Ashley or Innovis 2800 ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Brother Innovis 5000 Laura Ashley or Innovis 2800
lisafeb8
lisafeb8
Member since 1/22/13
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 1/22/13 0:45 AM

I have just about researched myself to death over a new sewing/embroidery machine. Today, at a local dealer, I can buy the 2800 floor model for $3,000.00 or a new in the box 2800 for $3,500.00 or a new 5000 Laura Ashley Limited Edition for $3,995.00. I don't know which to go with. I have sewed all of my life but have never embroidered; however, I think I would love it. The Laura Ashley package comes with a rolling cart and software. Please help!

2mulie
2mulie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Missouri USA
Member since 10/17/07
Send Message

Date: 1/30/13 3:01 PM

Do you want to do Disney designs (Nickelodeon, Winnie the Pooh, Pixar, etc)? if so, I would go with the 2800D floor model. It still gives you the fabulous automatic needle threader (best feature on Brother!) and still gives you the Pivot functions, knee lift, hard cover (which few machines have anymore) and a good sized embroidery hoop. You will be happy with any of them. Laura Ashley designs are available for the 2800D as well, check ibroidery.com for licensed design availability for each machine. Be sure to take the new-purchase classes so you won't be afraid of your machine. My 12 yo niece was embroidering on my 1250D within a few minutes instruction. Love the Brother brand. Enjoy.

TammyAnn
star
TammyAnn
Intermediate
New York USA
Member since 10/11/12
Send Message

Date: 1/30/13 4:08 PM

What software does the Laura Ashley come with? Is is editing software or digitizing software? I'm not sure if you studied about embroidery software or not but I do know that software for embroidery machines is EXPENSIVE.

2mulie
2mulie  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Missouri USA
Member since 10/17/07
Send Message

In reply to TammyAnn <<

Date: 2/7/13 12:48 PM

You can compare the software at the Brothersews.com website to determine what it does. TammyAnn is right about it being expensive, and that may make the Laura Ashley the better deal.

LadyGolfer
LadyGolfer
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 11/5/12
Send Message

Date: 2/14/13 11:36 PM

I have also been looking at both of these models too. I am leaning towards the Laura Ashley, but the 2800D is nice too. What's a girl to do! Ha
Karen
Michigan
-- Edited on 2/14/13 11:38 PM --

aka4512
aka4512  Friend of PR
Intermediate
AUSTRALIA
Member since 2/2/12
Send Message

In reply to lisafeb8 <<

Date: 2/15/13 0:53 AM

You can't go wrong with either one. However the innovis-5000 has the largest embroidery field of 7x12 inches.
Great value for money as well as you mentioned it comes with a rolling bag and software which is very expensive.

Best thing to do is to go to your dealer and test drive both machines and evaluate which one feels right.

------
Janome 300E
Bernina 1120
Bernina 1130s
Bernina 750QE
Bernina 1150MDA
From Sydney

Harriet P.
Harriet P.
Intermediate
Tennessee USA
Member since 6/30/05
Send Message

Date: 2/15/13 11:08 AM

HI, If you like the Disney designs and you want the jump stitches cut automatically, I would look into getting the Duetta. It also sews out up to 7 by 12 inches like the Laura Ashley 5000. I used to have the Brother 2500D and then I added an upgrade to the machine which made it work like the Brother 2800D. I wanted more regular decorative sewing stitches and the cutting of the jump stitches so I sold my Brother 2500D and bought the Duetta this past August. I m very happy with my purshase. For my next birhday in October I plan on upgrading my machine which includes the border hoop.
Harriet

LadyGolfer
LadyGolfer
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 11/5/12
Send Message

In reply to lisafeb8 <<

Date: 2/15/13 10:46 PM

Lisa
What did you decide? Which machine?
I love both too!
Karen

LadyGolfer
LadyGolfer
Intermediate
Michigan USA
Member since 11/5/12
Send Message

In reply to lisafeb8 <<

Date: 2/19/13 8:31 PM

Lisa
I have finally made my decision! I just bought the Laura Ashley Innovis 5000!
I am so looking forward to using it. I pick it up next week.
Did you make your decision yet?
Good luck, and let me know what you decided!
Karen

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Advanced
California USA
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

In reply to aka4512 <<

Date: 2/20/13 1:07 AM

Quote: aka4512
You can't go wrong with either one. However the innovis-5000 has the largest embroidery field of 7x12 inches.

Great value for money as well as you mentioned it comes with a rolling bag and software which is very expensive.

Best thing to do is to go to your dealer and test drive both machines and evaluate which one feels right.

I agree with the Isodore (Nv5000) 100%. I work in a sewing store and I am lusting on that pink beauty. It WILL read the iBroidery.com PEN files so you CAN do Disney or Dora or Warner Bros if you want. Beautiful machine PLUS luggage! And that's a great price! They must have got a VERY good deal on those machines or they are not making much off of them!!!!
Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Brother Innovis 5000 Laura Ashley or Innovis 2800

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Vogue Patterns 1187

photo
by: Monabel

Review
HANDBAG CONSTRUCTION - A CD Book By Kenneth King

HANDBAG CONSTRUCTION - A CD Book By Kenneth King

Buy Now
SewBaby One Piece Reversible Sundress Pattern

SewBaby One Piece Reversible Sundress Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.