SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Miscellaneous > Joann's sales ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Joann's sales
quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

thumbsup 5 members like this.

Date: 1/22/13 4:20 PM

I usually don't get too mad about their issues but... They have started doing something which I think stinks. They now have multiple sales through out their mailing flyers sales. I know why so you would have to go to the store multiple times and the more your there the more they figure you will buy. I liked it when the same stuff we on sale for the whole two weeks. I know here and there they would have specials for holidays. But now some stuff is on sale for a week, some for a few days and some for the whole two weeks. It's confusing to say the least. Stepping down off my soapbox now.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

Valerie Jo
star
Valerie Jo
Advanced Beginner
Missouri USA
Member since 8/2/09
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 1/22/13 4:38 PM

I am sure that is exactly what they want (you to have to come in multiple times so you may purchase more stuff).

I hate when stores move things around too. I like to get in and out as soon as possible but NOOOOO they moved the items to a different area. So, I have to pass by other things (that they hope I will buy as well). Ugh.
-- Edited on 1/22/13 4:39 PM --

KensingtonCrab
KensingtonCrab
Advanced Beginner
South Carolina USA
Member since 2/13/09
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 1/22/13 5:24 PM

My head spins when I get their flyers and find I have been going in less and less because I can't keep track but always keep the flyers in my car just in case I do need something and can use the coupon.

------
Carpe diem!

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

Subject: Joanns sales Date: 1/22/13 5:32 PM

Agree with all of you.. I just now keep the coupons in the car.. or grab them as I head out the door.. But no longer making sure I am there when the doors open for any of their sales. IF an item is not on sale this flyer. it will be the next flyer or so on.. no longer that excited about their sales.. but still waiting to use coupons on some items.. sooner or later I get what I needwant and don't mind walking out empty handed to wait for a sale or a coupon..
I especially hate those one coupon per day places..

LauraTS
star
LauraTS  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 7/10/06
Send Message

Subject: Joanns sales Date: 1/22/13 7:05 PM

They've been doing that for a while IIRC. Some sales are longer, some are only a weekend; some pattern sales are Thursday - Saturday, some are Friday - Sunday... It's just something I expect from Joann's. If you read the fine print it's pretty easy to figure out.

------
I've moved! Visit my new sewing blog at http://chiralcraft.wordpress.com

Do you sew from KnipMode? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knipmode_english/

talesofawannabe
star
talesofawannabe
Advanced Beginner
Virginia USA
Member since 6/25/10
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 1/22/13 9:19 PM

I went on Saturday for the last day of the 5/$5 Simplicity pattern sale. I am convinced they were hiding the new Simplicity's from "me". I looked everywhere for the Spring pattern book and there wasn't one to be found on the tables or laying near the pattern drawers. I was kind of peeved that I had driven out there just for patterns and they didn't have the Spring ones, however there was one I wanted that wasn't new. I want to the drawer to get it and was very surprised to find all the new spring patterns in the very front of the top drawer. I wonder how many other people left without their patterns thinking the new ones weren't out yet.

------
http://talesofawannabeseamstress.blogspot.com/

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

Subject: Joanns sales Date: 1/22/13 9:35 PM

I find patterns online and then just go in the store and pull. I went in after work figuring I would be in there by myself since it's only 18 degrees out but no I had to wait for fabric to be cut. Girl told me on Sunday there was a 2 hour wait to get fabric cut.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

dfsews

dfsews  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Nebraska USA
Member since 4/17/06
Send Message

Date: 1/22/13 11:18 PM

I agree the flyer used to be easier to decipher.
The worse one, IMO, is the Hancock's flyer. It seems so overwrought, with everything competing for your attention on the page. Then they like to do sales for odd times, varying days, etc. You can't just read through the flyer, without checking the calendar.

Valerie Jo
star
Valerie Jo
Advanced Beginner
Missouri USA
Member since 8/2/09
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 1/23/13 9:32 AM

I do the same thing with the patterns. I go to the company's website and write down the pattern numbers I'm interested in so I can just pull them when I'm at JoAnn's.

The fabric lines are terrible. I know everyone is getting tired of waiting. Then some start making nasty comments. I feel sorry for the employee's. They never seem to have enough help! One person cutting and one at the register...are you kidding me? The lines are wrapping around to the back and sides of the store. Do not go there if you are in a hurry.

Padmé

Padmé
Member since 7/12/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 1/23/13 9:38 AM

I just file the sale flyers in my Viking machine cover case. If I need something or feel the urge to go, I go through the flyers throwing old ones out. If I don't need anything or don't feel the urge to go, I file the sale flyer in the cover case. I generally don't even open them up until that time.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Joann's sales

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

Mary Mulari 1

photo
by: Lucy in Vi...

Review
You Sew Girl Fedora Pattern

You Sew Girl Fedora Pattern

Buy Now
Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.