SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Pros/cons of an SewEZ table?? ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Pros/cons of an SewEZ table??
grey ann
star
grey ann  Friend of PR
Intermediate
New York USA
Member since 4/25/09
Send Message

Date: 2/5/13 7:23 PM

My daughter is thinking of getting a SewEZ portable sewing table bec. she doesn't have room for a larger one. It's nice that it folds up, but are they sturdy? Do they vibrate a lot when you are stitching?

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to grey ann <<

Date: 2/5/13 7:26 PM

I was just looking at these. I like the fact you can get different inserts for it however you can't get one to fit around the machine. I have a feeling since this is so light an embroidery machine probably wouldn't work so well. they are light cos they are made to be portable.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to grey ann <<

Date: 2/5/13 11:27 PM

I went with the Arrow Gidget II table, and am really pleased with it. I had it first set up on my kitchen floor, and there was some vibration, but when I tried it again tonight on carpet, it was fabulous, with no vibration from even my lighter weight machine.

It's not all that light of a table, 36 pounds, but does fold up flat for storage and has 2 really good quality wheels for dragging to classes and such.

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to LynnRowe <<

Date: 2/5/13 11:38 PM

Thanks for the positive report. Have you, or has anyone else tried their EM wiht the Gidget II?

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

quiltingwolf
star
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to grey ann <<

Date: 2/6/13 7:33 AM

The Gidget would be a better choice the Sewez table is only 23 lbs. see bottom of page. That's lighter then most embroidery machines.

sewez table

------

JanyceR
star
JanyceR  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 2/3/07
Send Message

In reply to grey ann <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 2/6/13 8:17 AM

I have weighed the pros and cons of the SewEzi vs the Gidget II for several months. I think any small table has the potential to vibrate, especially on carpet. Yesterday, I ordered a SewEzi as I like that it is a little shorter, and I like the leg configuration and machine placement setup better. I also like the way the table portion is configured and finished better - at least what I can see in photos. This is of course all subjective and my preferences are just that, my preferences. You can order a brace for it that they want you to have for the Bernina 820/830. While I plan on putting a smaller machine in it, I ordered the brace. I am anxious to see how it works!

------
Pfaff Creative Sensation Pro, Bernina 780,
B350SE,other Berninas, Pfaff Performance 5, several vintage - multiple manufacturers.
Love all my machines!

quiltingwolf
star
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to JanyceR <<

Date: 2/6/13 9:14 AM

You'll have to let us know. I do like the fact it is light so I could move it around myself without help. As there isn't any, Hubby can't lift or move anything due to his back issues. I want a flush solution so I can try FMQ the way it's suppose to be done. My current sewing table consists of a old computer desk, I got it in 1985 and a old wooden typewriter table that are no longer made. I need an upgrade.

------

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to JanyceR <<

Date: 2/6/13 9:48 AM

Does the SewEzi do flat table top as well, so you can put an emboridery module and machine on top? The photos only show it with the well, but I assume it can go flat-top too?

------
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

quiltingwolf
star
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to LynnRowe <<

Date: 2/6/13 10:40 AM

You have to get the solid insert, you can get clear and use it as a light table and/or the solid one allowing to do just that.
-- Edited on 2/6/13 10:45 AM --

------

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf <<

Date: 2/6/13 10:51 AM

Ahhhh, gotcha. I kept looking at the well, and it just didn't look like it went flush.

I'll probably use my Gidget table in the flat tabletop mode most often.

For the price, I think both tables are darn good deals.

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Pros/cons of an SewEZ table??

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Register

Studio Tantrum Feliz

photo
by: morzel

Review
Petite Plus Patterns Swing Coat

Petite Plus Patterns Swing Coat

Buy Now
Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Sew Chic Fantasia Dress Pattern (ln9005)

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.