Sewing Patterns, Pattern Review, Sewing Classes, Sewing Machines and Sewing Machine Reviews!
Platinum Sponsor: Stylish Fabric
Over 20,000 of high quality reorderable fabric

[SIGNUP - FREE Membership & 1 FREE Sewing Lesson ]
[Sewing Classes|Shopping Bag Your Shopping Bag|Login|Help]
Sewing Review and Pattern Reviews Sewing Knowledge Base Sewing Patterns Sewing Classes & Sewing Lessons Sewing Machine & Embroidery Machinery Sewing Message Boards Sewing merchants Blog Help/FAQ About Pattern Review
Enter your e-mail address:

Advanced Search
Tags
New to PR?
Sewing Machines
Compare Sewing Machines
Sewing Machine & Serger Reviews
Embroidery Machines
Sewing Reviews
Sewing Patterns
Review Gallery
Sewing Books
Sewing Supplies
Sewing Websites
Sewing Stores
Sewing Class Reviews
Sewing Expo Reviews
Sewing Tips & Techniques
Sewing Podcasts
NEW!Fabric Glossary
Sewing Review Requests Add a Review Request
Your Account
Edit Profile
My Page
Favorites
Wish List
Pattern Catalog
Notifications
Friends of PR
Join Friends of PR
Find a member
Deal Corner
Photo Album
Calendar
Chat Room
Chat Schedule
Chat Transcripts
Sewing Classifieds
Add a Classified
Sewing Contests
enter contest
contest report
contest gallery
Favorite Links
reviews with comments
merchant gallery
article archive
newsletter archive
Craft Resources
contact info
shipping rates
returns & refunds
testimonials

Platinum Sponsor - Stylish Fabric
Stylish Fabric
You are not logged in. Login here.

Message Board > Quilters' Corner > Now this time I mean really tell me no!! ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Now this time I mean really tell me no!!
quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02
Login to reply to this post

Date: 2/18/13 11:14 AM

Snowman quilt
My daughter loves snowmen

Zoo
You know how I feel about animals

Heaven and Nature
I've always liked this one

I wouldn't want to do these as block of the month but might look into getting the patterns. As if I don't have enough planned right now.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
NC USA
Member since 2/17/06

In reply to quiltingwolf <<

Date: 2/18/13 11:25 AM

Quote: quiltingwolf
Snowman quilt

My daughter loves snowmen

Zoo

You know how I feel about animals

Heaven and Nature

I've always liked this one

I wouldn't want to do these as block of the month but might look into getting the patterns. As if I don't have enough planned right now.

Yes to Snowmen-because it is for your daughter. It's DIFFERENT if you make it for someone else, doesn't count.

And OH YES! to the Zoo! I mean, come one! Geesh! It's so cool!

You COULD make it for someone else, like your hubby (so it can stay in the house) then it won't count either.

So I'll give in and say no to the last one.

------
Cathryn

quiltingwolf
star
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02

Date: 2/18/13 11:29 AM

Not having much luck just finding the patterns for them.
Edit to add for the complete set of patterns for snowmen $42 just for the patterns, so that's not happening

The Zoo one can't find but on the Keepsake site show some of the fabrics used for the animal heads and I have some of it. ( I have tons of animal fabric) So could probably come up with something on my own.

The last one I already have the patten for this:
Wish Upon a Star
I thought I had the whole thing but I know would never pay this much for it. So maybe I only have a few I will have to find that and look at it. If I have only one it's the polar bears on the iceberg.

I think my eyes are becoming too big for the time I have sewing and quilting.
I have all the wolf pieces traced and my little fingers are just dying to fuse them to the fabrics. But I'm making myself wait until the trees are done.
-- Edited on 2/18/13 11:47 AM --

------

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 4/12/05

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 2/18/13 11:51 AM

Loved the snowmen quilt. I put the link in favorites.

What good does telling you No, do? You dont' listen...

------
I am a Quilter at heart. I love to play with fabrics, patterns and colors. Recently I have discovered I enjoy doing applique. I love making pictures. Using a sewing machine is much easier than counted cross stitch or oil painting for me. I enjoy landscape quilting as well. I am working on my first applique project in the spring of 2014.
Bernina 630, my main machine
Pfaff 2036, my class machine
Babylock Molly
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

quiltingwolf
star
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02

In reply to Learn To Sew <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 2/18/13 12:16 PM

I know but am listening now or should I say my pocketbook is listening. Going to sew up the projects I have brought stuff for. I got 2 paks of Steam a seam at Joanns for $2 a piece as I had coupons. I got my Splash pattern Sat. So that's after the wolf. I have a UFO that has bothered me to finish since I started it as I can't seem to get it finished. I was making it for my daughter and she asked me about it last night when she asked about the curtains for her room I promised her a while back.
Cat pattern

Honestly I got bored making the 9 patches for it. But it's halfway there. I'm becoming to realize that it may be a good thing to have several different types of projects going at one time. So if you get bored with one technique can switch over to something else. As very little sewing in the wolf, unlike the cats. Oh I played with some nylon thread yesterday on my third tree block it came out pretty well on the blanket stitch but didn't like zig zaging. Trying to decide what stitch to use sewing the wolf pieces down had thought of zig zaging roughly around them. Now I'm not so sure.
-- Edited on 2/18/13 12:17 PM --
-- Edited on 2/18/13 12:18 PM --

------

Julkane
star
Julkane  Friend of PR
Intermediate
PA USA
Member since 9/14/07

Date: 2/18/13 12:18 PM

Oh My - you are going to be sew busy. Remember my motto- only buy another fabric and pattern when the current project is done - my wish list is long but I just can't have the back log in my sewing room.

------
Elna Excellence 740, Pfaff Quilt expression 4.0, Janome 300E, Brother 8500D, Babylock Ellageo, Janome 900CPX CoverPro, Brother 5234 Project Runway Serger, Singer Treadle, Singer 66, Singer 99

http://juliannasjourney.blogspot.com/

Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 4/12/05

Date: 2/18/13 12:48 PM

I think you should consider working on more than 1 project at a time. Yes, the 9 patch bores me too. I do like the 4 patch, though. Go figure...

Interesting cat pattern. Very dark, as it is a night sceen. I could not do that, as I do not know if I could see things well enough. I know I do not like to work on black, unless teh back side is medium grey. I just can't see well enough.

------
I am a Quilter at heart. I love to play with fabrics, patterns and colors. Recently I have discovered I enjoy doing applique. I love making pictures. Using a sewing machine is much easier than counted cross stitch or oil painting for me. I enjoy landscape quilting as well. I am working on my first applique project in the spring of 2014.
Bernina 630, my main machine
Pfaff 2036, my class machine
Babylock Molly
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
NC USA
Member since 2/17/06

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 2/18/13 1:22 PM

Quote: quiltingwolf
I'm becoming to realize that it may be a good thing to have several different types of projects going at one time. So if you get bored with one technique can switch over to something else.

Yes, Wolf I have come to that same realization.

It keeps the tedious stuff from becoming so dull you don't even want to look at the project anymore.

I have gotten more done on the easy street mystery quilt in a few days of alternating between it and the swirls than I did before when I got so bored I ended up ignoring it for a month.

When I get sick of sewing easy street blocks together (there are 625- 3.5" squares, over half of the 3.5" squares had to be pieced-in the main body of easy street), I switch to swirls. They are very labor intensive and time consuming, and they get tedious fast.

For me projects that are months-long worth of work vs projects that are hours-long worth of work, are very different mentally. When I know I can finish a quilt top in a day or two, I am more likely to keep at it til it's done. When I know that it's going to take weeks to finish a quilt top, I will now allow myself to break it up.

------
Cathryn

Julia C
star
Julia C  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
NV USA
Member since 7/1/07

Date: 2/18/13 1:43 PM

I like nine patches & love cats. However, I already have too many quilts with kits in the backlog!

quiltingwolf
star
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02

In reply to Cat n Bull <<

Date: 2/18/13 1:45 PM

You have me thinking about the project I posted under projects that never got off the ground. I got bored cos it was so labor intensive mentally you really to think about it as it was blocks within blocks. This project I guess would be a piecer's paradise. I like piecing but it can get old very fast. But I also got bored with the colors as I don't really like them together and upon looking at it again with different fabric might be a whole lot more interesting to do. But if it's re-considered it's going on next year's list lol. I guess the whole point it to just keep at it whether you finish something tomorrow or next year, just enjoy and have fun with the process today. If you keep at it will eventually finished. I took a year off sewing the year after my dog died. I know now it was depression and grief over losing her. But I do regret not sewing as I feel I've missed so much. But that's what's nice you can always play catch up. I feel like we've almost created our own cyber guild here.

------

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Quilters' Corner >> Now this time I mean really tell me no!!

Merchants on PR
Elliott Berman Textiles
Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!
Sewn Square One
Patterns for Your Style.
Web site
Gwyn Hug
Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!
Lanetzliving Vintage Sewing Patterns
Vintage Sewing Patterns
Deals!
Style Arc sewing dress patterns
Patterns That Fit
Web site

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.
Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Online Sewing Classes
Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Fee: $29.00
(Regular $49.00)
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Online Sewing Classes
Break your Serger Out of the Box
Fee: $29.00
(Regular $49.00)
Break your Serger Out of the Box

Simplicity 4110
photo
Review by meli88a on 4/6/08
Read Review

Simple Things Cozy Cap Digital Pattern (003)
Simple Things Cozy Cap Digital Pattern (003)

Details
Price: $7.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Oliver S Sailboat Top, Skirt & Pants Digital Pattern ( Size 4-8 )
Oliver   S Sailboat Top, Skirt & Pants Digital Pattern ( Size 4-8 )

Details
Price: $13.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

StyleArc Ziggi Jacket
photo
Review by Jrhee on 2/14/14
Read Review

Sewing Workshop Village Bag Pattern
Sewing Workshop Village Bag Pattern

Details
Price: $12.00
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern
Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern

Details
Price: $19.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Simplicity 1606 Pattern ( Size 14-16-18-20-22 )
Simplicity 1606 Pattern ( Size 14-16-18-20-22 )

Details
Price: $18.95
Add to Bag Add to Bag

New Look 6218 Pattern ( Size NB-S-M-L )
New Look 6218 Pattern ( Size NB-S-M-L )

Details
Price: $3.99
Add to Bag Add to Bag

Subscribe to PR Message Board Feed Subscribe to the PR Message Board Feed Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe at NewsGator Online Subscribe at Bloglines Add to MyMSN