SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Spaces > Ordered my Gristmill sewing cabinet ( Moderated by Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Ordered my Gristmill sewing cabinet
Quilter in MN
Quilter in MN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 5/19/12
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 2/27/13 8:07 AM

I did it! After much thought and research I went ahead and ordered my dream sewing cabinet for my Bernina 830LE from Gristmill. I went with the Quilters Delight III and did a lot of customizing on it. Jason is a dream to work with and I can't wait to set this baby up in my sewing room!!

I looked at Horn, Koala and Unique but kept coming back to Gristmill. Just loved the look and the fact that I could change the design to my liking.

He made the back and side wings larger, raised the whole cabinet by 3 1/2 inches so I can use the back wing as a standing cutting area when I am not quilting and is putting a shelf on the bottom for my feet to rest as I am vertically challenged!!!! He is also making the kneehole opening 5 inches wider so we can have the machine centered to the needle.

I can't say enough about working with Jason and I am very confident I will be equally happy with the end product. Now the endless wait for delivery begins.

------
Quilter in MN

Bernina 830LE, Brother Duetta 2- 4750D

lgrande
star
lgrande  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 1/18/12
Send Message

In reply to Quilter in MN <<

Date: 2/27/13 8:49 AM

Yay!!!! I'm so glad for you! I have looked at their website and their designs are just wonderful.
Did you get the electric lift for your 830?
Do they deliver to you and set up?

-- Edited on 2/27/13 8:49 AM --

------
Linda

Bernina 830LE - Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 - Bernina B530 - Janome 6600P - Pfaff 1209 - Babylock Evolution - Janome 644 - Babylock Sashiko2 - Babylock BLCS-2

Quilter in MN
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 5/19/12
Send Message

In reply to lgrande <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 2/27/13 9:30 AM

I did get the electric lift for it. I was assured that the lift would easily handle the weight of my 830.

I actually spoke with a woman who also had a cabinet made by Gristmill. She has an 830 as well and has had no trouble with the electric lift or vibration. That was my main concern. I didn't want the machine bouncing all over the place but I have been reassured that this will not happen.

I only paid for curbside delivery. I was an additional $250 for them to carry it inside and I have a strong husband and even stronger 21 year old son to help me!!
-- Edited on 2/27/13 9:32 AM --

------
Quilter in MN

minggiddylooloo
star
minggiddylooloo  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 5/17/05
Send Message

Date: 2/27/13 9:50 AM

How fun, congratulations! You'll have to update this thread with pictures and let us know how you love sewing on it after it arrives.

------
I'm finally a blogger!
sewming.blogspot.com

lgrande
star
lgrande  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 1/18/12
Send Message

Date: 2/27/13 10:41 AM

Oh, gosh, I know you will be thrilled with the amazing quality of the Gristmill! I don't have that brand but everything I've read and heard has been really, really good. I envy that electric lift. I wanted one for my desk but Uniques didn't offer one heavy enough for the 830 (at least when I bought mine). Fortunately, I don't use my embroidery arm enough that it bothers me to have to move the machine but I really love that feature.
When will you get it?

------
Linda

Bernina 830LE - Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 - Bernina B530 - Janome 6600P - Pfaff 1209 - Babylock Evolution - Janome 644 - Babylock Sashiko2 - Babylock BLCS-2

1975Jumby
star
1975Jumby
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 8/19/08
Send Message

Date: 2/27/13 1:24 PM

Congratulations!!! That is so great that you could customize the furniture to exactly how you want. When do you get it and can you post pictures when you get it all set up?

------
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Enlighten
Kenmore 1914
Kenmore 1814

Sew Nanny
starstarstar
Sew Nanny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 8/13/06
Send Message

Date: 2/27/13 8:27 PM

Wow!! Just visited their website -- what beautiful sewing furniture! No wonder you are excited!

------
Patricia
Bernina B780E ~ Bernina B380 ~ Juki MO-735
Bernina DesignerPlus 7

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quilter in MN
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 5/19/12
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 2/27/13 8:44 PM

I've been told it should be ready by mid to late April and I will definately post pictures when everything gets set up. I am going to take over one of our guest rooms upstairs. We have 2 guest rooms and very rarely use both at once!! I am tired of bumping my legs on my husbands weight equipment (we currently share a room). I can't wait to move out of his area and spread my stuff in a whole room!!

------
Quilter in MN

Artsewer
Artsewer  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 3/2/11
Send Message

Date: 2/27/13 9:05 PM

Great news! I have been looking at Gristmill too.

------
Bernina 750Q, 635E, 380, 1630
Serger 1100DC

Spring911
Spring911
Beginner
Washington USA
Member since 5/13/13
Send Message

Date: 5/13/13 11:04 AM

Have you recieved it yet? Did you have any difficulty with shipping? Was the gritmill cabinet everything you'd hoped for? I have to agree to buy today?

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Spaces >> Ordered my Gristmill sewing cabinet

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Class Details

Online Class
The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Class Details

Butterick 5497

photo
by: Lori V

Review
Simplicity 9062

photo
by: Jasst282

Review
SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern

SewBaby Clutter Catchers Pattern

More Info
Victoria Jones Collection Men's Hawaiian Aloha Shirt

Victoria Jones Collection Men's Hawaiian Aloha Shirt

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.