SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > It doesn't fit in the closet but its PINK and I must have it! ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
It doesn't fit in the closet but its PINK and I must have it!
Anyone else have hidden machines or think about it?
Dawnabbey
star
Dawnabbey  Friend of PR
Expert/Couture
Member since 12/18/10
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 2/27/13 10:19 AM

I confess that my little eyeballs have been scoping the web for a PINK machine. Ever since Brother came out with that darn Laura Ashley that I still drool over despite being perfectly happy Pfyodor and Nina. I KNOW MDH will notice if I pick up anything larger than a breadbox so I am relying on you to talk me out of a vintage pink Morse.

I probably won't even use it. It's just for decor I tell myself. Talking to myself, I am starting to sound like The Hobbit. Sigh then the SMAD kicks in high gear. It's dirt cheap. Less than dinner and a movie. So hard to resist!

Maybe I am the only one who has these little guilty conversations. But perhaps, just perhaps there are others who want to sneak just one (or two or three) more machines into the herd.
-- Edited on 2/27/13 10:20 AM --

------
Stitching, sharing every day, makes life sweet in every way, just add a friend and a family and the days drift by so merrily!

jannw
starstarstarstar
jannw  Friend of PR
Intermediate
WA USA
Member since 9/3/06
Send Message

In reply to Dawnabbey <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 2/27/13 10:26 AM

Which pink Morse did you find??? There is a straight stitch that comes in a raspberry/cream combo and the metallic rose color of the MZZ....both beautiful!! The rose color does contrast nicely with the Pink Atlas and my turquoise Brother...it does make a very nice display when they are not in use....

Can you tell that I'm not about to talk you out of this!! White machines are so boring..and a little strip of color doesn't make up for it!!

------
2009-113.25 yds
2010-115.5
2011-80.25+30+donated
2012 86.3 yds..
2013 21.0
Everyone who sews seriously has a stockpile of fabrics, because it is natural to purchase more than can be sewn in any one season" Singer, Timesaving Sewing, 1987

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MD
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to Dawnabbey <<

Date: 2/27/13 11:04 AM

Go for it how often do pink machines come around

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IL USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

Subject: It doesnt fit in the closet but its PINK and I must have it! Date: 2/27/13 11:11 AM

I'm just lucky very few machines are green. I have an avocado Bernina 731 which is completely redundant in my collection, but I can't let go of it.

If those Janome 90th anniversary Cherry Blossom machines had been available in the US, I'd mostly likely have one.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
CA
Member since 3/4/05
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 2/27/13 11:54 AM

I suppose you've seen the new Viking Eden Rose series?:

and there's the Janome DC4030P on hsn.com

Dawnabbey
star
Dawnabbey  Friend of PR
Expert/Couture
Member since 12/18/10
Send Message

In reply to karen149 <<

Date: 2/27/13 12:08 PM

OhhhhI had just managed to put those out of my mind!

Still, I can get around it because those cost A LOT more than dinner and a movie for one person.

Pink, purple and yellow. All downfalls for me. My Dad came for a visit earlier this month and for my birthday he helped me to build a small but functional sewing room. Nina and Pfyodor fit perfectly and my little Brother stays in the closet until I need him for a class. There really isn't room for another machine. Sigh. My plan was to sell/donate little brother and my serger and replace them with upgraded machines but nothing that could not live happily in the closet until needed.

------
Stitching, sharing every day, makes life sweet in every way, just add a friend and a family and the days drift by so merrily!

Dawnabbey
star
Dawnabbey  Friend of PR
Expert/Couture
Member since 12/18/10
Send Message

In reply to jannw <<

Date: 2/27/13 12:10 PM

I love the raspberry cream combo but this one is a hot metallic pink. Like a 70's disco dress lol

I think I may cave in. I get paid tomorrow. If it is still available then I will count it as fate maybe

------

gramma b
star
gramma b
USA
Member since 7/25/08
Send Message

Date: 2/27/13 12:20 PM

I think PP has gotten into our heads!
Or it's because we all wore pink as little girls, so now we can get a fix without looking silly wearing it?

Perhaps they should alternate SM's as washers/dryers over the years--
gold, avocado, copper, black, white, red, green, cream, stainless....

Dawnabbey
star
Dawnabbey  Friend of PR
Expert/Couture
Member since 12/18/10
Send Message

In reply to gramma b <<

Date: 2/27/13 2:05 PM

I love it I remember my parents had a gold fridge and stove from Sears that lasted all the way into the 80s. Avocado sounds wonderful, and we could swap yellow for gold and pink for copper. How fun.

------

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
TX USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to Dawnabbey <<
thumbsup 5 members like this.

Date: 2/27/13 2:48 PM

You can take your appliances to an auto body shop and have them spraypainted PINK.. or any color you choose.. other than pfurple..

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> It doesn't fit in the closet but its PINK and I must have it!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Drafted from RTW 000002

photo
by: Ms. McCall

Review
Other Gertie's Keyhole Blouse

photo
by: julliams

Review
Summer Tote

Summer Tote

Buy Now
9 inch Bent Handle Scissors

9 inch Bent Handle Scissors

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.