I'm getting ready to purchase this machine for a friend and would like to know about it. I saw just one review on the boards and that one doesn't answer my questions. So could you, if you own one of these, please answer the following:
1) What kind of needles? Regular sewing machine needles or serger type?
2) How difficult is it to do a rolled hem?
3) Did it come with any extra feet?
4) How easy is it to read the manual?
------ "Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine
SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/
TamNearPDX Advanced Beginner Washington USA Member since 1/16/08 Posts: 214
Date: 3/1/13 11:40 PM
I had a Kenmore serger (sold it to my sister so I don't have the model number).
- mine took regular needles
- very simple to switch to a rolled hem. I just moved the knife and flipped the switch to 'r'
- mine did not have extra feet.
- manual was easy enough to read, but didn't like that they had 4 languages side-by-side. I Would still recommend a basic serger book or lots of you tube videos for more info on the basics...
Eta... I Liked it but I upgraded to a new-to-me babylock imagine.
It did need oiling often but was easy to thread once you had done it half a dozen times... -- Edited on 3/1/13 11:43 PM --
* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it.