SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Machine Embroidery > Esante' Ese ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Esante' Ese
HELP
Shelly27
Shelly27
Intermediate
USA
Member since 3/16/13
Send Message

Date: 3/16/13 6:39 PM

My mom had passed away and I have Inherited my mothers Esante' Ese embroidery machine, and I have the software which was on a floppy drive, she purchased it 10/97. I am at my wits end and not quite sure what I need to do. I am trying to get it up to date as far as software. So this is what I did so far:

1. Did the whole XP mode in windows 7, got the software put into xp only to find out the reader my mother had does not work. So I went to the next step.

2. I purchased Palette Pts V.1 on ebay so I can pull all the designs off of the computer. and Ugggggg... I put the blank card in that came with the unit and transfer the designs onto the card and put the card into the embroidery machine and turn it on and alarms start going off and the screen doesn't show anything. So I try putting the card in while the machine is on and it says it can not use the card. So I think the card is bad and I go for my mothers card, and put that in the reader, and that says Old original card please put New original card in reader. I look at the card and everything looks the same on it. So I show it to my husband and he noticed on the back upper left corner it says European Union Only. Did I get suckered into purchasing the wrong thing?

So I guess my question is, Can my Esante Ese be used with Palette 9? I am so confused and spent alot already on this PTS trying to get my mom's embroidery machine to work. I would hate to throw $1,000.00 out there if I am wasting my time.

Please help...

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Advanced
USA
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

Date: 3/17/13 2:05 AM

You might want to try PED Basic. It is a Brother software that comes with a reader/writer box and a blank card if I am not mistaken. The problem with the software you have now is that it is probably not compatible with newer computers. I had the Version 5 of OE Design (same as Palette) and I had to have a 32 bit system to run it.
All you want to do is get designs onto cards right? Try the PED Basic--it writes in PES which is Brother/Babylock format. Also don't try to put very many designs on the card at once--the machine's little brain can't handle it!

------
Janome 6500P, Babylock Eclipse SX, Janome Coverpro 1000, Babylock BLCS, Juki 654, Juki 735, Janome 1600PDB, Brother ULT 2002D, Babylock Spirit, Brother 770

Sewmissy2
Sewmissy2
Intermediate
Missouri USA
Member since 12/5/10
Send Message

Date: 3/17/13 9:16 AM

When you install Palette PTS on windows 7, install from the CD, then you have to go to the Baby Lock site www.babylock.com and touch the downloads tab at the top. Scroll down and find the Palette PTS that works with windows 7. Here is a direct link:

http://babylock.com/downloads/instructions/?Update_ID=93

pick the one on the right.
Click on that and download the document. Open this after downloading. The two downloads you need are embedded within the .doc You have to touch control-click to get them to download. Install them once you have them. Once this is done, you should be able to use your software on the computer. Make sure your card reader is plugged into the computer.

The "old style card" won't work any longer on your PTS card reader. If it has designs on it, your machine may read them.
Hope this helps. Missy

------
Designer 1, bought in 2000
Simplicity 350 serger, bought about 1997
3 Tajima Neo single head embroidery machines
Digitizer by profession
Embroidery software: Tajima DGML by Pulse (commercial) also know Designer's Gallery and Floriani for home use.

Shelly27
Shelly27
Intermediate
USA
Member since 3/16/13
Send Message

In reply to Sewmissy2 <<

Date: 3/17/13 10:22 AM

Thank you so much for the helpful information. I did do the download for the PTS. I think it it has to do with it being a European version at least that is what I am thinking. The card on the left came with the PTS and the card on the right is my original card. The card on the left works in the PTS but not in the embroidery machine. The Card on the right (my original card) Works in the embroidery machine and not in the PTS. With only one design on each card.

TammyAnn
star
TammyAnn
Intermediate
New York USA
Member since 10/11/12
Send Message

In reply to Shelly27 <<

Date: 3/17/13 10:38 AM

I may be wrong but I think the Europian Union Only refers to the little pic of the trash can and that it means you're not to throw it in the trash can and that you should recycle it when it no longer works.

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Advanced
USA
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

Date: 3/17/13 11:17 AM

I really think version 1 is too--I don't think they support anything below v5 anymore--I think you need something likeTHIS

------
Janome 6500P, Babylock Eclipse SX, Janome Coverpro 1000, Babylock BLCS, Juki 654, Juki 735, Janome 1600PDB, Brother ULT 2002D, Babylock Spirit, Brother 770

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Subject: Esante Ese Date: 3/17/13 11:29 AM

My condolences for you and your family in the loss of your Mother.

Now, to address the stress of the embroidery machine and Palette 9. Getting old technology to work with new technology can be frustrating. I threw up my hands with my first software experience and let my son work it out. What product was your Mother using? There is a possibility an update is available so it could be used with W7?

However, with the newer version of Palette, you will have a product that is compatible with embroidery machines that use rewritable memory cards, and/or USB devices. So if you do update to a newer embroidery machine you can still use this software.

If you cannot get the new product to work, do not invest in anymore software before conferring with BL at their website --- not at a dealer as most are clueless about software.

Make sure the downloads have been unzipped and saved in the .pes format.

Next, be sure the design size is within the maximum stitching area of the machine. This is usually indicated by the size of the hoop.

Once you get all this ironed out, and before pressing the start button, do a trace/outline to be sure the embroidery foot does not hit the hoop.

Be sure to let us know how this works out.

-- Edited on 3/17/13 11:42 PM --

------
"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

Shelly27
Shelly27
Intermediate
USA
Member since 3/16/13
Send Message

In reply to PattiAnnJ <<

Date: 3/17/13 7:21 PM

Thank you...

I am just so frustrated, I did contact babylock via e-mail about the PTS, which I did all the steps on updating the software to be compatible with windows 7. I did also contact a BL retailer that was very helpful and informative about the software. She said you should not have a problem using the Palette 9 with the embroidery machine I have. I think when I make the Hour trip to go down there I am going to take everything with me, Embroidery machine and all dump it on the counter and tell her Make it work... If she could prove to me the palette 9 will work on my machine I will put the $1,100 out there for it. I hate to go spend $1K+ on a machine and then go spend another $1k on software so I can create a design. My Mom's software was Palette E-Line Creative Software v.1 (on 3 1/2" floppy) No updates for that since it is so old.

All this frustration over a friend and I created a forum and he came up with the idea of making T-shirts with our logo on it and have contests every month or two and give the T-shirts away as a prize. ugggg So I would like to be able to to take our logo and digitize it, I thought of even paying to have someone digitize it for me but I wouldn't be able to transfer it onto a card. (insert smiling banging head against the wall)

Thanks everyone for your input, I up for any advice or suggestions at this point because I am ready to rip all my hair out.

Mrs.Moos
star
Mrs.Moos  Friend of PR
Advanced
USA
Member since 11/5/02
Send Message

Date: 3/18/13 1:52 AM

I'm tellin ya--and I am 99 9/10 percent sure--that you can spend $25-$50 to have your design digitized into the PES format and then spend $99 for the PED Basic to get the design onto the card. There is a pretty good learning curve for digitizing designs so don't fool yourself into thinking you get the software and BAM! You have a design. I think most here would agree with me on that. That would be an expensive lesson in frustration. You know, with all this money you could potentially spend, you could just go buy a PE770 new with warranty and it transfers using a good ol' usb stick!

------

Sewmissy2
Sewmissy2
Intermediate
Missouri USA
Member since 12/5/10
Send Message

Date: 3/18/13 7:01 AM

PED Basic and Palette PTS are the same program. Palette just needs an update.

------
Designer 1, bought in 2000
Simplicity 350 serger, bought about 1997
3 Tajima Neo single head embroidery machines
Digitizer by profession
Embroidery software: Tajima DGML by Pulse (commercial) also know Designer's Gallery and Floriani for home use.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> Esante' Ese

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

Simplicity 2573

photo
by: julliams

Review
New Look 6091

photo
by: slmstyle

Review
You Sew Girl SEWING CLASS 1 - Shopping Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl SEWING CLASS 1 - Shopping Bag Pattern

Buy Now
Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.