SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Snow! ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Snow!
Please go away!!
Valerie Jo
star
Valerie Jo
Advanced Beginner
Missouri USA
Member since 8/2/09
Send Message

Date: 3/25/13 7:33 PM

I am so sick of snow. I have my seeds planted (indoors) and two have germinated (serrata basil). I am ready for stable weather. Is there such a thing as that? I want it to stay at 50 degrees. Does anyone else feel my pain? just venting...

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
online now
Send Message

In reply to Valerie Jo <<

Date: 3/25/13 7:44 PM

I feel your pain. I want it to go away to. we still have about 2ft of that stuff yet. Snow snow go away now!!!!

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

DOGLOVER389
DOGLOVER389
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/11/12
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 3/25/13 9:01 PM

Hi All,

While you want winter to go away, I'm still waiting for it to arrive. This is the second year in a row we had a winter that wasn't. :(

We had cold weather, but no snow. At least none that counted. We had 5-6 inches about two weeks ago, but it was gone by the afternoon. That was the largest accumulation we had. While other parts of the state were hit with 12 - 18 inches, we had a scant 2". Again, it was gone by the afternoon.

For us, a "winter" such as this will mean we will go straight to summer, and we will have a serious drought - again.

DogLover389

------
Cut my teeth on a Kenmore 117.58

http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals.com/173/PictPage/1922064294.html

Singer Merritt 9612

Kwaaked
Kwaaked
Member since 9/25/12
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 4:07 AM

I had my air on all last week, then the heaters today. Guess who got the cold? You betcha.

Yes. I hate crappy weather. We have the drizzly s%^ts here. Not snow, not rain and cold.

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 7:44 AM

Out of all the years I've lived here, this is the first winter I'm fed up with snow. Last year we didn't get any..which is unheard of. This year, we can get 14 inches in a day. Day before yesterday there was absolutely no snow on the ground and it was sunny. Yesterday, a different story--3 inches in two hours!

And I too have seeds planted: tomatoes, peppers, basil, thyme, lavender and flowers. And that was about two weeks ago--when it was sunny.

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

jewelsfashions

jewelsfashions
Advanced Beginner
Minnesota USA
Member since 9/8/06
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 8:55 AM

Be sure to shovel off the deck, if you have one! It got nice here, and the roof was dripping. It dripped toward the house off of the snow on the deck, down the siding, around the door frame downstairs and then dripped into the house. We have about 2 ft in spots on roof. DH and I spent sun. shoveling deck off. I raked off the roof yesterday with a snow rake and then got to shovel more off the deck again. I need a snowmobile so then atleast it wouldn't snow enough to use it. And if it did, winter would be fun.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to Valerie Jo <<

Date: 3/26/13 9:15 AM

Snow.. ? What snow ???????

When can I expect you ?

PS.. Better hurry.. its gets hot as here in the summer.. sometimes even before summer..

WantToSewAgain
WantToSewAgain
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 6/15/11
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 9:33 AM

I wish I had known it was going to snow over spring break. I would have taken my boys to PA during their school break to visit their grandma AND see snow. They want to experience it so badly. But, who would have thought that it would be snowing over spring break. We are in San Diego where it is sunny and mild....like usual. My youngest son is 10 years old and has NEVER experienced snow (other than seeing it off in the distant mountain tops).

Doris W. in TN
star
Doris W. in TN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Tennessee USA
Member since 2/9/04
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 9:38 AM

Light dusting of snow here, while our local county schools are on spring break. Ground is warm enough that the streets are only wet.

I am tired of this winter's weather. That is all the local TV and radio people are talking about, too. Mostly it's the gray skies that I've had enough of. Sunshine makes it all so much easier to bear. The only good thing about it is that it hasn't been horribly cold so the heating bills aren't awful. Such is the silver lining of the grey clouds.

Valerie Jo
star
Valerie Jo
Advanced Beginner
Missouri USA
Member since 8/2/09
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 10:19 AM

You want snow? What is your mailing address! Too bad it would melt before getting to you though. I will never understand why people like snow... but then again, I grew up in the desert.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Snow!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Register

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

Buy Now
Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Sew Chic Beatrice Pocket Dress Pattern (ln1310)

Buy Now
BurdaStyle Magazine 12-2012-112

photo
by: squirrelly...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.