SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Machines > Opinions, used Brother Innov-is 4000D ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Opinions, used Brother Innov-is 4000D
Is this a good machine? Price?
RadarRadiance
star
RadarRadiance
Intermediate
Nevada USA
Member since 10/24/07
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 10:24 AM

Our local CL has this machine for sale, says $2500 firm, total stitch count is 001638400. I am not familiar with what a good stitch count is and also wondering if this is a good price. The firmware has been updated to 3.20. Comes with everything and includes more than I would use. PE-Design and disks. I prefer using Embird so the extras are not anything that make me excited, just the machine. My current embroidery machine is the ULT2001 and still works great but would enjoy having thread clips and being able to use the usb. Will I get enough features out of the new machine to warrant the price? Is this a good machine??? I did email them and they are selling it for a lady that moved to England due to voltage difference.
-- Edited on 3/26/13 10:29 AM --

schmammy
star
schmammy  Friend of PR
Texas USA
Member since 12/5/06
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 12:47 PM

I'm not sure how that machine compares with the BL Ellegante, but a year ago I paid $2500 for an original Ellegante with all upgrades (including continuous hoop) that was used but meticulously maintained by the dealer who sold it. She took it in trade for an Ellissimo Gold. She also included a 3 month parts and labor warranty and is honoring the original manufacturer's warranty. The machine is fabulous. I consider myself fortunate to have found it (and that dealer). :)

------
Indecision may or may not be my problem. -Jimmy Buffet

http://chihuahuaonmylap.blogspot.com/

RadarRadiance
star
RadarRadiance
Intermediate
Nevada USA
Member since 10/24/07
Send Message

In reply to schmammy <<

Date: 3/26/13 12:58 PM

It sounds like yours is similar to the 4500D, one step up.You got a great deal and with extra dealer support! I could check the local brother dealer and see about trade ins. They always steer you to new when they don't have something so I tend not to check them out. When I lived in MN I had great dealers and clubs so I was always looking!!!

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
Hawaii USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 1:03 PM

I owned this model back a few years and mine was wonderful. It was TOL then. You might check the reviews here for it to see what other owners say about it.

------
Let's just say all modern sms are well represented in my studio.

1975Jumby
star
1975Jumby
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 8/19/08
Send Message

In reply to RadarRadiance <<

Date: 3/26/13 1:11 PM

In my opinion, I would say that's a pretty average price for that machine, but I still think it's a great deal. The 4000d is the equivalent to the Babylock Ellegante and those sell for about $5500 new and anywhere from $2000-$3000 used. I took a look at eBay's completed listings and the range was about $2100 to $3000 on average for the 4000d/4500d.

As for stitch count, I think that's a pretty low stitch count for this machine, but it also depends on how long they've had it. If they owned it for several years, then I'd say that's pretty low. If it's only been a couple of months, then it's a little on the high side. But since this is a 4000d, it must be a couple of years old at least since it was replaced by the 4500d. However, I wouldn't let a high stitch count stop me from buying a machine. There are plenty of machines out there that don't have stitch counters and are running like new. They could have zillions of stitches on them and you'd never know. My feeling is, as long as the machine is clean and well taken care of, then it's worth it.

Also, I believe the 4000d can be upgraded to the 4500d with an upgrade package. But I'm not sure since I'm more familiar with Babylock.

I can certainly say that having a machine that cuts the jump stitches for you is awesome. It's nice to only have to change the thread color when you're embroidering and not worry about cutting every jump stitch. It really makes embroidering go faster. I'm sure there are other features on there that will help as well. You can go to the Brother website and download the manual and view it. That helped me when I bought my Ellisimo Gold.
-- Edited on 3/26/13 1:12 PM --

------
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Enlighten
Kenmore 1914
Kenmore 1814

Harriet P.
Harriet P.
Intermediate
Tennessee USA
Member since 6/30/05
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 3:04 PM

Hi, I have the Duetta 4500D. That brother 4000 has been upgraded to mine. My version says 3.2 also. There is another upgrade that I am pretty sure that you can upgrade to also. It includes the basting stitch, moving the letters individually on the screen when you are trying to space the letters, and the borderless hoop. It also allows you to use some of your sewing stitches in the embroidey side of the machine. I plan to get that upgrade for my birthday next year.
Harriet

RadarRadiance
star
RadarRadiance
Intermediate
Nevada USA
Member since 10/24/07
Send Message

In reply to Harriet P. <<

Date: 3/26/13 3:24 PM

Hi Harriet,
What is that upgrade called and do you buy it on the brother site?

Harriet P.
Harriet P.
Intermediate
Tennessee USA
Member since 6/30/05
Send Message

In reply to RadarRadiance <<

Date: 3/26/13 4:59 PM

HI RadarRadiance,
I just looked it up on the Brother site. Go to the Brother Duetta 2 machine. It is the same machine as mine, but with a different number. Look into accessories and then click "software."
The software is called SAVAR 4500D---Duetta 4500D/4000D Premium upgade package II.
Harriet

Harriet P.
Harriet P.
Intermediate
Tennessee USA
Member since 6/30/05
Send Message

Date: 3/26/13 5:54 PM

Hi Radar radiance,

I forgot to tell you where you can buy the upgrade. Any Brother dealer should be able to sell it to you. I know that when I want to buy it next October that my Brother dealer can sell it to me. I think it runs about $400 dollars, but I am not sure.
Harriet

designsbyjacques
designsbyjacques
Advanced
SOUTH AFRICA
Member since 3/30/10
Send Message

In reply to schmammy <<

Date: 3/26/13 11:01 PM

Hi the nv 4000 and bl ellegante are axactly the same machines not incl upgrades,I've had mine for about 6 months but I bought it new since it is still sold here in south africa, mine alrady has 4000000 stitches on it so I would say this is a good deal,I didn't get any extras with mine and paid about the same as 4300 dollar incl both the upgrades

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Opinions, used Brother Innov-is 4000D

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Leather 101
Leather 101

Register

Break your Serger Out of the Box
Break your Serger Out of the Box

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-116

photo
by: Merche

Review
Figgy's Sewing for Boys

photo
by: kidmd

Review
Favorite Things The Nappies Pattern

Favorite Things The Nappies Pattern

Buy Now
Towne Purse

Towne Purse

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.