SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Machines > Thanks for the machine help -- lookie what I made ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Thanks for the machine help -- lookie what I made
Kristikay22
Kristikay22
Intermediate
Member since 10/8/12
Send Message

thumbsup 8 members like this.

Date: 4/1/13 8:30 PM

Just a thanks to all of you ladies that helped! I did indeed buy the Pfaff Creative Performance! I completed the girls' Easter dresses this weekend (yes, very last minute... bad mommy) on her -- I named her Penelope -- this past weekend (with the help of my serger) THANKS ya'll. Now I just need a coverstitch. yes, I said need. How wrong is that?!HAHAH
DSC_0157
DSC_0135

------
http://www.facebook.com/BurlapButton
www.blogspot.com/burlapbutton
www.etsy.com/shop/burlapbutton

Kristikay22
Kristikay22
Intermediate
Member since 10/8/12
Send Message

Date: 4/1/13 8:32 PM

in case ya'll were wondering -- and sew for childrenThe top dress is the Handmaiden's Cottage Tea Party Dress. It comes in a beautifuly put together book and a paper pattern. Mine is slightly altered (shorter by accident HAHA) and I should have sized down -- the fit was too big on her! But it's a really fancy and dramatic dress. My LilyBelle loved it. The bottom dress is FooFoo Threads (on etsy) Josephine dress and I adore it. I love it - so did my daughter - but it just fit sooooo very nice! Shirred back and tied sash in the back! Both twirl and they wore them all day long -- proudly

------

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

Date: 4/1/13 8:43 PM

Unbelievable!!! All on a new machine...usually it takes awhile to get to know what all it can do...you pulled out all the stops. With 2 little girls a coverstitch would be nice for all the knit items they will need. What darling children!!! Bet DH was proud as he could be.

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

hazelnut
star
hazelnut  Friend of PR
Beginner
USA
Member since 1/7/09
Send Message

In reply to Kristikay22 <<

Date: 4/1/13 8:49 PM

Absolutely adorable!! Both the dresses and your daughters! Wonderful work!

Artsewer
Artsewer  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 3/2/11
Send Message

Just heart warming, so special, beautifully made and your girls are beyond precious. Thank you for sharing your rightfully proud mama moment!

------
Bernina 750Q, 635E, 380, 1630
Serger 1100DC

Kippysan
star
Kippysan
Intermediate
Member since 4/19/11
Send Message

Wow. Double wow. Your 2 little princesses will remember these dresses for the rest of their lives. Good mommy! Talented mommy!

Kristikay22
Kristikay22
Intermediate
Member since 10/8/12
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/1/13 8:54 PM

thanks for all the encouragement ladies!!! I sew mostly knits and LOVE them. I'm hungry for a coverstitch... but this unexpected Pfaff upgrade will set that back on the budget list a long while! HAHAHA --- I just love how sweet these photos turned out in these dreses! I almost didn't get them done - youngest decided on a new pattern last minute! But hubby was so sweet and managed all 3 boogers for me to get the 2nd one done and the girls both loved them! I only wish I would have sized Lily's right -- but she still loved it!!

------

Kristikay22
Kristikay22
Intermediate
Member since 10/8/12
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 4/1/13 8:56 PM

DSC_0169

just to give my lil mister some air time!haha.

------

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

Date: 4/1/13 9:05 PM

I don't think either of the dresses look the wrong size...a bit bigger is fine because she can wear it longer. There is no way RTW could ever have achieved the colors and the joy. Amazing!

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

JanyceR
star
JanyceR  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 2/3/07
Send Message

In reply to Kristikay22 <<

Date: 4/1/13 9:29 PM

Wow! Beautiful dresses. And Beautiful Children! You done good! on all counts! Thanks so much for sharing the photos. Nothing like children in their Easter finery.

------
Pfaff Creative Sensation Pro, Bernina 780,
B350SE,other Berninas, Pfaff Performance 5, several vintage - multiple manufacturers.
Love all my machines!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Thanks for the machine help -- lookie what I made

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
More Knits
More Knits

Class Details

Online Class
The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Class Details

Vogue Patterns 1949

photo
by: yummymummy...

Review
Sewing Workshop Hong Kong Vest Pattern

Sewing Workshop Hong Kong Vest Pattern

More Info
Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

Sew Chic Fifth Avenue Dress Pattern (ln1311)

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.