SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > looks like some good deals ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
looks like some good deals
quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

Date: 4/8/13 1:49 PM

for fashion sewers

Fabricmart

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

Kalisews
Kalisews
Member since 2/8/13
Send Message

Date: 4/8/13 8:51 PM

You know... I was just sitting here thinking about my love/hate relationship with Fabric Mart. I love them because they ALWAYS seem to have some good deals (now even more so than most times). Hate them because I KEEP ordering... LOVE them because I order on Saturday night at like midnight and get email tracking info for a shipped order already today, my order will arrive my Wednesday....

OK... I think I really love them.... Check out what I ordered for my daughter this weekend. It was only $5.99 on Saturday. I can't wait to make her winter coat this year

Pink reversible coat

Andi
star
Andi
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to Kalisews <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/9/13 8:47 AM

I order Wed afternoon, and the package was on my doorstep by noon on Friday. Thank Goodness they now deliver Fed Ex. When it was UPS the UPS guy would always deliver between 6:30 and 7pm, just in time for DH to walk up the driveway with the UPS guy---not a good thing!

Now lets get to sewing all of those wonderful things!

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

In reply to Kalisews <<

Date: 4/9/13 8:53 AM

I ordered a bunch of flannel from them before Christmas that was on sale. I was really surprised how nice it is. I figured I'd use it for quilt backings and flannel pants. Well I have a long time to decide now, don't need flannel pjs in the summer lol. I wish I could buy some more stuff from them but I am primarily a quilter and they don't sell quilting fabrics :(.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

LuceLu
star
LuceLu  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
New York USA
Member since 8/4/06
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf <<

Date: 4/9/13 10:51 AM

I just broke my fast for the second time this year..... Oh well. I should be getting a delivery today from Fabric.com. I need to go downstairs and sew.

Kalisews
Kalisews
Member since 2/8/13
Send Message

In reply to Andi <<

Date: 4/9/13 3:20 PM

LOL- I thought I was the only one who ordered so the package just missed my hubby I actually waited to order this time until Friday knowing they shipped so quickly (by the way it showed up today a day earlier than the tracking said!) because my hubby travels for work every other week and he was gone this week.

Not that he has anything to say about money being spent on fabric due to his own hobby of collecting expensive cards and antiques, but he has this way of wondering out loud why I need more fabric. While he may be right sometimes you just have to get it when you see it right? I for one was toddling back and forth about the pink suede for my daughter's coat next year and at $5.99 I think if I didn't get it I would truly regret it next fall when I end up spending way more on fabric I don't like as much. I think that is true logic and not a strange justification for my problem of buying fabric.

Kalisews
Kalisews
Member since 2/8/13
Send Message

In reply to quiltingwolf <<

Date: 4/9/13 3:27 PM

Yes, I have been very pleasantly surprised every time I have ordered at the quality of what I have received from them. It is too bad they don't sell quilting fabric also. They should start a sister site. I started by ordering 2 of their mystery bundles for some stash building when I saw other people on here recommend their site. Then after being amazed at the quality of all the fabrics in what I received I gave a try to a lot of their sale fabrics, again in the hopes of building my stash and in hopes of using some for practice, I really just got into the garment side of sewing so don't have a ton of stash set aside for that. I have tons of quilting fabric, lots of home decor stuff, but not so much for clothing. They have made it much more affordable with their sales and at $1.99 a yard for some stuff all the time, I don't feel bad if I royally screw something up

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
Send Message

Date: 4/9/13 3:40 PM

Nooooooo! LOL! I'm covering my ears and eyes and singing "la, la, la"! :)

Every. Single. Day. I go to the site and put stuff in my cart. Usually I talk myself down.

Right now I have a dangerous amount of Paypal money (from my Etsy shop) and am trying to avoid the site! LOL!!!!

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

Andi
star
Andi
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 4/9/13 8:14 PM

Occasionally the do carry quilting cotton. You just need to keep checking the cotton section, as they don't always mark it as"quilting", If you ever have a question about the actual fabric, just call and Chris will get the fabric and feel it and answer your questions. She has helped me pick coordinating fabrics and linings that way.

Andi
star
Andi
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 4/9/13 8:14 PM

Edited to delete duplicate post
-- Edited on 4/9/13 8:14 PM --

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> looks like some good deals

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

No Pattern Used Brian Remlinger\'s Earbud

photo
by: Bestyears

Review
Lolita Patterns 1300

photo
by: NhiHuynh

Review
Towne Purse

Towne Purse

Buy Now
Bluegingerdoll Stella Blouse

Bluegingerdoll Stella Blouse

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.