SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Great news about Hancocks! ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Great news about Hancocks!
JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 4/10/13 12:00 PM

I just came from my Hancock's store and found out that their new CEO is looking to expand! Not the store size, but in new areas of the country. Now is the time to write to Hancocks and let them know what you want and where you want it. I was told that the CEO actually reads the e-mails that are sent to the company.

If any of you live near Bend, Oregon, I understand there is a smaller Hancock's there. That is a "look" they are heading towards. They are getting rid of the furniture and lots of the knick Knacks that no one buys. They are bringing in more fabrics. The New CEO started out by doing Spot the Dot to move some of the old fabrics out to make way for new.

The downside of my trip to Hancock's this morning, I saw new bolts of material coming in at $17.99 a yard. Use your coupons and check out Spot the Dot, you can still save that way. I also walked out of there with almost $40.00 in material

Once again, I was told all this by a very reliable source. Start writing to Hancock's, tell them you want them in your neighborhood. This is good news

CSM--Carla
star
CSM--Carla  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 1/21/06
Send Message

In reply to JTink <<
thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 4/10/13 1:39 PM

Here's the company 'contact us' page if you need it. Thanks for calling this to our attention.

Maybe we can talk, here, about the all the things we would like Hancock Fabrics to offer.

I'll start: It would be wonderful to have a store here in Sarasota. My closest store is in Bradenton almost an hour drive away. I am always interested in buying good quality knit fabrics.

gramma b
star
gramma b
USA
Member since 7/25/08
Send Message

Date: 4/10/13 2:44 PM

Thanks, I fired off a message!

Points noted:
You have great long-time sewing ladies as clerks so keep them, and you have no "take a number, stand in line rules", unlike JA.
Put fleece away til Sept. and less of it.
Get rid of beads, decor, crafts, knick-knacks, etc. JA is taking care of that.
MORE affordable nice knits/easy-sew apparel fabric and hopefully Flatfolds like their drapery, enough for projects like tops, skirts, kids.
Simple coupons that actually work when everything is not put on sale.
Reach out to young women who want to sew, evidenced by the Mom Blogs and low quality of RTW.

Lets swamp him with messages.

***I got a reply within 5 minutes of posting this!
He said no new CEO, (maybe it was the Dot on Spot guy?) but said the info would be passed on anyway, so keep writing!

-- Edited on 4/10/13 2:58 PM --

MamaSewing
star
MamaSewing
Advanced Beginner
Member since 12/21/05
Send Message

Date: 4/10/13 2:54 PM

I sent a message as well. No one can ever have too many fabric stores nearby! {Not that I have very many...one more definitely would be nice!}

MamaSewing
star
MamaSewing
Advanced Beginner
Member since 12/21/05
Send Message

Date: 4/10/13 2:57 PM

And I just got a reply - they said they were passing the email on to the real estate dept. Not that I think I would convince them myself to bring in a store but I am happy to see that they respond so quickly!

gramma b
star
gramma b
USA
Member since 7/25/08
Send Message

In reply to MamaSewing <<
thumbsup 5 members like this.

Date: 4/10/13 3:00 PM

They could pack a lot of fabric into small rental spaces( like a quilt shop) IF they forgo all the other junk and 50% less fleece!

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

Date: 4/10/13 6:16 PM

I am so glad to see such a great response.

Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope the word spreads to corporate's "ears"

DOGLOVER389
DOGLOVER389
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/11/12
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/10/13 7:54 PM

Hi All,

Thank you for the information.

I sent a message, but only asked that they open stores in NJ and listed the county in which I live. There aren't any Hancocks in this area of hte country.

DogLover389

------
Cut my teeth on a Kenmore 117.58

http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals.com/173/PictPage/1922064294.html

Singer Merritt 9612

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 4/10/13 8:12 PM

My "local" (50 miles away) closed some years ago; not enough business and the store was too small. Go figure....

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

Tall Mary

Tall Mary  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Nevada USA
Member since 12/7/04
Send Message

Date: 4/11/13 3:41 AM

I have a Hancock's within a few miles of my home and we have at least one more in the Las Vegas area. I will write and ask that our stores carry less fleece. How much fleece do we need when we have 6 months of hot, hot summer? Thanks for the info.
Kathy

------
Sewing and reading about sewing are daily pleasures.
I hope to use up lots of stash in 2013.
2011-Sewing from Stash-SABLE

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Great news about Hancocks!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics
Sewing with Slippery & Drapey Fabrics

Class Details

Online Class
Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Class Details

No Pattern Used Weekend Sewing

photo
by: shannonsew...

Review
Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Pareau Style Wrap Dress

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Pareau Style Wrap Dress

More Info
Bluegingerdoll The Ava Jacket Paper Pattern

Bluegingerdoll The Ava Jacket Paper Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.