SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sewing Machines > PE770 ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
PE770
Where to buy
pineapplemsw
pineapplemsw
Intermediate
Kansas USA
Member since 4/14/13
Send Message

Date: 4/14/13 9:58 PM

I am in Topeka, KS. There are no dealers locally. They are all 1-2 hours from here. I am also finding a wide range of prices. It is all so confusing. I read excellent reviews of the machine, and it is the one I plan to buy. BUT...where to buy it? WalMart has them for closer to $600. One of the dealers I emailed quoted a price of $889. We have a Joann's here, but they do not have machines in the store and the one online is $899.

Walmart is an authorized dealer - would have to order it. Does anyone have any feedback on ordering online and/ or specifically ordering through WalMart?

MartiP
MartiP  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 9/5/12
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/14/13 10:42 PM

I have ordered lots of merchandise from Walmart online and usually have it shipped free using their Site to Store option. I have puchased storage shelves, movies, games, toys, etc. I ordered one Brother machine for a grown grandaughters birthday and I believe I had that shipped directly to my home and the same for a $200.00 Brother for my daughter. Communication is great and shipped within alloted time, many times sooner. I have never had a problem ordering from them.
The only thing to be aware of is that during the initial warrantee period ( 1 or 2 years or whatever) if anything goes wrong you should take it to a dealer for repair for the free labor and parts.
I own a previous model, the 700II, and it has truly been a workhorse. My nearest dealer is about 250 miles away. My warrantee period is over, so I could take mine to the nearest Bernina/Babylock dealer who is 80 miles from here. Thank goodness I don't have to. I have had the machine for five years now.

------
MartiP

Ruckertt's Law; There is nothing so small that it can't be blown out of proportion.

Bernina 1230 Bernette 007D
Brother CS6000i Brother 2340 CV
New Home L372
Singer 221K (off white)
U.S Blindstitch, Model SL 718/2D
Simplicity SE2
Brother 700II

pineapplemsw
pineapplemsw
Intermediate
Kansas USA
Member since 4/14/13
Send Message

Date: 4/15/13 5:50 AM

Thanks! For over $200 difference in price I will get the machine ordered through WalMart and make the drive if need service. My experience with the Brother machine I have has been phone support to get me through initial learning was great.

Appreciate the response. Will help a LOT.

Capella
star
Capella
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/25/11
Send Message

In reply to pineapplemsw <<

Date: 4/15/13 7:18 AM

I'm in Topeka also. Will Bennett's not service it should it need it?? I know we don't have a lot of choice here...sigh, but he generally works on most computerized machines.

------
Janome MC4000
Singer 9960
White 1934D

CDFORME101
CDFORME101
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/17/11
Send Message

Date: 4/15/13 9:24 AM

Amazon has had it in the low $500's lately.

------
Viking Opal 650
Singer Stylist II
Singer 14sh654
Brother SE 270D
Brother HE1

KensingtonCrab
KensingtonCrab
Advanced Beginner
South Carolina USA
Member since 2/13/09
Send Message

In reply to CDFORME101 <<

Date: 4/15/13 11:01 AM

I bought mine on Amazon for $520 and free ship. I haven't had time to use the machine yet

------
Carpe diem!

sewfrequent

sewfrequent
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 6/27/03
Send Message

Date: 4/15/13 11:41 AM

I was going to suggest checking amazon also. I bought mine there a few years ago for under $600 but I've never seen it as low as $520!! That's a whale of a buy!! The 770 is a real worker-bee and VERY easy to use. The only complaint that I have is that the images are sometimes hard to decipher on the little black/white screen. Thankfully I tend to do mostly one-color designs or designs having a very few thread changes. Most designs come with a thread-change chart so its not really been a big issue for me.

hpthecat
hpthecat
Intermediate
Washington USA
Member since 8/17/10
Send Message

Date: 4/15/13 12:21 PM

I had to order mine and that was through a sew n vac shop-- I paid $700 roughly. I could have gotten it a little cheaper or with add ons online, but I wanted my local shop to back the product.
For the money-- the PE770 is great little workhorse. I don't think the stitch out looks any different than on Brother's TOL machines, which is why I can figure out why their TOL are so much money!! Why can't they make an embroidery only model with a color screen in the $1000 range say...??? Like that 2800D. That was nice, something like that-- but in a low cost embroidery only option...

------
Bernina 820, Babylock Audrey, BL Embellisher, BL Evolution Serger

diane s
star
diane s  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 4/16/13 2:44 AM

In the machine embroidery section, someone bought one for $520.00 at JC Penney online with a coupon code.

------
My grandmother taught me to sew when I was 10, and I've been sewing ever since.

pineapplemsw
pineapplemsw
Intermediate
Kansas USA
Member since 4/14/13
Send Message

In reply to CDFORME101 <<

Date: 4/16/13 5:09 AM

I have not looked at BEnnett for service. First want to find a machine, but I know Bennetts does not sell them.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> PE770

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Class Details

Online Class
Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Class Details

HotPatterns 1121

photo
by: michellep7...

Review
Favorite Things Little Bow Peep Pattern

Favorite Things Little Bow Peep Pattern

More Info
Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Traditional Muumuu

Victoria Jones Collection Misses' Traditional Muumuu

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.