SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Fabrics and more... > Another Fabric Mart Bargain ( Moderated by CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Another Fabric Mart Bargain
35 yards in stock
homewerk
star
homewerk  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Colorado USA
Member since 10/2/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/17/13 11:03 AM

That pretty stretch cotton lawn print “Valeria” featured in Deepika’s newsletter for the new McCalls dress pattern is $8/yard at Fabric Mart but $16 at Sawyer Brook Fabrics .

Love both stores, but a deal is a deal . . .

------
Becky (I'm homewerk on Pinterest too!)
Babylock Elizabeth, Pfaff 2030, Brother 1034D Serger, Babylock Coverstitch, Grandmother's 1931 Singer 15-91, 1956, Singer Slant-O-Matic 401A, 1954 Elna Supermatic, pink Atlas Supermatic, bernina 730
I love my toys!

Andi
star
Andi
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to homewerk <<

Date: 4/17/13 7:27 PM

I hate to tell you that it was the "sue's Pick" deal a few days ago, and was less than that. I got my package today, and it is really lovely. Definitely worth $10/yd

homewerk
star
homewerk  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Colorado USA
Member since 10/2/07
Send Message

In reply to Andi <<

Date: 4/17/13 9:47 PM

Oooh, then you did get a good deal. I'm trying to resist another Fabric Mart order but I'm weakening.

------
Babylock Elizabeth, Pfaff 2030, Brother 1034D Serger, Babylock Coverstitch, Grandmother's 1931 Singer 15-91, 1956, Singer Slant-O-Matic 401A, 1954 Elna Supermatic, pink Atlas Supermatic, bernina 730
I love my toys!

BLMLB
BLMLB  Friend of PR
Beginner
Oklahoma USA
Member since 1/20/09
Send Message

In reply to Andi <<

Date: 4/17/13 10:24 PM

Quote: Andi
I hate to tell you that it was the "sue's Pick" deal a few days ago, and was less than that. I got my package today, and it is really lovely. Definitely worth $10/yd

That is what I've noticed about FabricMart. I put fabric in my maybe cart for $3.00 last week. Yesterday I decided to buy it along with fabric from March mailer. The $3.00 fabric was back at $5.99, I bought it anyway b/c I made up my mind I really wanted itToday the fabric is 70% off at $1.80. This drives me crazy.I belong to the swath club, love feeling the fabric but how do I know when the best price will be?

------
Bernina Nova 900 my son-in-law namedt"Money Spent"
Magenta, Pfaff Creative Performance

BLMLB
BLMLB  Friend of PR
Beginner
Oklahoma USA
Member since 1/20/09
Send Message

In reply to Andi <<

Date: 4/17/13 10:25 PM

Quote: Andi

That is what I've noticed about FabricMart. I put fabric in my maybe cart for $3.00 last week. Yesterday I decided to buy it along with fabric from March mailer. The $3.00 fabric was back at $5.99, I bought it anyway b/c I made up my mind I really wanted itToday the fabric is 70% off at $1.80. This drives me crazy.I belong to the swath club, love feeling the fabric but how do I know when the best price will be?

------
Bernina Nova 900 my son-in-law namedt"Money Spent"
Magenta, Pfaff Creative Performance

arianamaniacs
starstarstarstar
arianamaniacs  Friend of PR
Advanced
International AUSTRIA
Member since 6/11/04
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 4/18/13 5:11 AM

You don't. It's kinda like buying plane tickets. Buy it when it reaches a price you are willing to pay and don't otherwise overthink. At least you'd only have been saving a few dollars instead of a few hundred :-D

Andi
star
Andi
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to BLMLB <<

Date: 4/18/13 11:59 AM

I like the way FM prices. They are pretty accurate on keeping total of stock on hand, so you can decide if you are going to wait or snatch it up right away. I don't need any of the fabric, so if they sell out I just say Oh, Well. If you really need something, just buy it, and then don't look back!

Andi
star
Andi
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to homewerk <<

Date: 4/18/13 12:00 PM

It might not be the exact colorway-the FM piece looks a bit pale-er than Sawerbrook.

homewerk
star
homewerk  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Colorado USA
Member since 10/2/07
Send Message

Date: 4/18/13 5:16 PM

BLMLB: I agree: At FabricMart just order and don’t look back. That fabric was listed at $8 when I first posted about it. A few hours later it was $9.99.

Andi: Could be. It’s always had to tell colors on a computer monitor so you really wouldn’t know if they are different unless you ordered from both sources -- unlikely.
Regarding what appear to be identical fabrics from different sources. I ordered a really neat French cotton lawn print from Elliot Bermann during their anniversary sale. I was soooo excited because it appeared to match an order from EmmaOneSock from a couple of years ago. I didn’t have quite enough yardage and thought this was my opportunity to get more. When the fabric arrived, the prints were totally identical and both fabrics were advertised as from a French mill. But the actual fabrics were different. The piece from EOS was a crepe-y lawn and the piece from EB a smooth lawn. Both cotton, both wonderfully light, both beautiful quality, both prints identical, but totally differently textured lawn. I remember that on Spoonflower you can order a print on different types of fabrics. I think it will be fun to figure out how to use both in my top.

------
I love my toys!

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
online now
Send Message

Date: 4/22/13 11:43 AM

Oh brother. I was not supposed to buy more fabric til May. I have since ordered from FabricMart, Fabrics.com, bought fabric at JoAnn and Hancock (to be fair this was for the challenge contest) and just ordered AGAIN at Fabricmart!

But they had this lace! And rayon shirting! And voile! And challis! All $2.10/yd or LESS. I couldn't say no!!!! LOL!

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fabrics and more... >> Another Fabric Mart Bargain

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Sewing Basics
Sewing Basics

Register

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Butterick 5611

photo
by: SouthernSt...

Review
Butterick 6699

photo
by: lauramae

Review
Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Jamie Christina Hooded Scarf Pattern (JC307HS)

Buy Now
Sew Liberated Simple Skinny Jeans Pattern

Sew Liberated Simple Skinny Jeans Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.