SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Looking for a Bernina 630 or 635 ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Looking for a Bernina 630 or 635
Do u know of any dealer having one?
pinkymom
pinkymom  Friend of PR
Beginner
Member since 4/9/11
Send Message

Date: 4/20/13 7:31 PM

I was wondering if anyone knew of any dealer that has a Bernina 630 or 635. I have search all the dealers in my area non have one.

Any input is appreciated.

------
Bernina 200E, 750E, 1150MDC, Babylock Evolution, BLCS2, Juki 2010q, Simplicity Blindsticher.

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to pinkymom <<

Date: 4/20/13 7:37 PM

My dealer might. He did have two new in the box 630's and the floor model 635 two months ago. A dealer might have to buy it from them then sell it to you. I doubt he can sell out of his area to a private party. Can you pm me? I can give you the phone number.

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IL USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

Date: 4/20/13 8:14 PM

Your local dealer can buy a machine from any US dealer and sell it to you with a full warranty. I got my 240 that way. I paid extra for shipping, and my dealer's trouble, but only a little more than the far-away dealer was charging and much less than the nearest dealer who still had 230s and 240s and much less than 350s and 380s.

Quilters Heaven in Northbrook IL and Fabrics Etc in Bensenville IL still had 630s and 640s last I knew.

I totally adore my 630. Best computerized 5.5mm machine Bernina ever made IMO. So glad I have it.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

In reply to Maia B <<

Date: 4/20/13 10:51 PM

Maia, I thought the local dealer had to buy it. I gave her my dealer's info too.

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

dresscode

dresscode  Friend of PR
Advanced
FL USA
Member since 7/28/04
Send Message

Date: 4/20/13 11:07 PM

I bought a 630 about seven months ago...at that time it was one of the last 25 in the national warehouse. If you find one...don't hesitate to buy!

Artsewer
Artsewer  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 3/2/11
Send Message

Date: 4/21/13 9:31 AM

Last time I was at my dealers she had one, floor model, with embroidery. PM me for all the info.

------
Bernina 750Q, 635E, 380, 1630
Serger 1100DC

KPM
star
KPM  Friend of PR
Advanced
HI USA
Member since 1/18/07
Send Message

Date: 4/21/13 2:13 PM

I got my 635SE from a dealer who knew I was after one and called me right away when a customer traded one up. I absolutely love it and would never trade Bubbles for anything! Funny...I used to own a 730 but it never sang to me the way Bubbles does. Anyway, you might score one just by putting the word out to all the dealers in your radius.

------
Let's just say all modern sms are well represented in my studio.

EasyPeas
EasyPeas
Advanced
WA USA
Member since 2/19/04
Send Message

In reply to Maia B <<

Date: 4/21/13 2:25 PM

Quote: Maia B

I totally adore my 630. Best computerized 5.5mm machine Bernina ever made IMO. So glad I have it.

I have a 640 which is 9 mm. Can you tell me, how does the stitch quality differ between an 630 with 5.5mm, and a 640 if using the 5.5mm stitch plate instead of the 9mm plate?
Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IL USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

In reply to EasyPeas <<

Date: 4/21/13 3:43 PM

Well, I've never sewn on a 640. Everyone who has one loves it. But I do have the 9mm 820, and a 5.5mm stitch plate. The 5.5mm stitch plate doesn't move the feed dogs any closer together, just prevents fabric from getting drawn down the larger 9mm opening, which actually isn't a big problem for me.

When I piece or sew narrow seams on the 820, if I use the center needle position, only the left feed dogs (and dual feed thingie) contact the fabric, because the feed dogs are further apart than on a 5.5mm (or 4mm or SS) machine. My solution (thanks to Kari on the yahoo groups!) is to use the 34D or 1D foot instead of the 37D, with my needle positioned far right or one click inward from far right. But that doesn't allow the use of the ss or 5.5mm plates.

As I understand it, the feed dogs on the 640 are closer together than those on the 8 series, even though they're all 9mm machines. In any case, owners seem to have no trouble piecing on their 640s, some using straight stitch feet and the center needle position, some using 34 or 1 feet and and the needle moved right. I've never heard any complaints about stitch quality on the 640.

I really like the small presser feet on the 5.5mm Berninas, not to mention the more narrow feed dogs, and easy to clean and oil hook. But....the 9mm machines have those gorgeous deco stitches and automatic thread cutting. So I have both
The smaller presser feet fit the 9mm models, but I think they work best with the 5.5mm feed dogs.

It really all comes down to personal preference. I prefer to have BOTH

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

Artsewer
Artsewer  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 3/2/11
Send Message

In reply to pinkymom <<

Date: 4/21/13 5:18 PM

pinkymom I can not message you on PR, if you are not a paying subscriber, send me your email and I will send you information.

Another way to find a 630/35 is trade ins, ask all dealers in your area.
It should come with a warranty. Other way is to post a wanted here on the classifieds and on Sewitsforsale yahoo group.

------
Bernina 750Q, 635E, 380, 1630
Serger 1100DC

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Looking for a Bernina 630 or 635

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Cutting Line Designs 62612

photo
by: marthamyer...

Review
Claire Handbag

Claire Handbag

Buy Now
TAILORED JACKET - A CD Book by Kenneth King

TAILORED JACKET - A CD Book by Kenneth King

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.