SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Quilters' Corner > Accuquilt go baby ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Accuquilt go baby
thoughts ,, won in a contest
bluenines
star
bluenines
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 11/4/05
Send Message

Date: 4/25/13 1:28 AM

hi everyone , would like some advise please
I won a go baby accuquilt in a online contest, got a email letting me know that I had won, something form there contest, thought it was maybe fabric or a quilting pattern,so I sent my mailing address and did not think anything more of it. I did not even know what I had won, just got a card form the post office to pick up a parcel, and when and picked it up today before work, went to work and then came home later and opened it, and my prize was a go baby accuquilter,, it came with some dies and cutting boards, but have not idea if it is something I would use,
I am a new quilter and have not used anything like this before and have never even thought of appliqué can it be used for things other than making appliques? can it be used for cutting strips , squares?
will post a pic later, to late for me to do , long day at work
will post a pic on Thursday
thank you
happy sewing to all

-- Edited on 4/25/13 1:30 AM --

------
Stash Fabric 325 yards as of jan 2010
Stash Fabric 425 yards as of jan 2011
stash Fabric 500+ yards as of nov 2012
stash Fabric sewn as of march 2013 14 meters
purchased fabric 2011 {100}yards
stash fabric sewn 2010 30 yards
patterns new 22 bwofs (10)
patterns in stash (325)
projects completed new (4)
gifted to me singer 99-31
http://bluenines.blogspot.com/

PattyGee
PattyGee  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 11/12/03
Send Message

In reply to bluenines <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 4/25/13 1:41 AM

I have the accuquilt Go and I love it. There are a few threads here that discuss it. Maybe that will help you. I don't know what size strips you can cut. With the Go I can have a quilt cut out in less then a hour. It is a real time saver and very accurate if you lay your fabric out correctly on the dye. Good luck.

------
Patty
Bernina 530, Bernina 200e with upgrade 730, BL Enlighten Serger, BL Coverstitch and Juki TL-2010Q.

bluenines
star
bluenines
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 11/4/05
Send Message

In reply to PattyGee <<

Date: 4/25/13 12:02 PM

I have just read the threads about the accuquilt , and I have also looked at the accuquilt site, wow, the dies are a lot of money, But I think that I will try it out , my gift package come with some dies and cutting broads, but not the type that I think I will use, I might look into getting something that make triangles and squares , I wont get a chance to try this out until the weekend , work keeps getting in the way of sewing time but will update post with how it goes.
here are some pics of what I recived
[URL=http://s50.photobucket.com/user/bluenines1/media/BLUENINES-PC/gobaby001_zps63c08432.jpg.html][IMG]
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/bluenines1/BLUENINES-PC/gobaby002_zpsbafc79cf.jpg
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f337/bluenines1/BLUENINES-PC/gobaby003_zps6ab310ae.jpg

------
patterns in stash (325)

lelliebunny
star
lelliebunny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 12/24/12
Send Message

In reply to bluenines <<

Date: 4/25/13 12:13 PM

yeah, i wouldn't use those either. here's what i got that i like...

2.5in strips (cuts 2)

and

go value die with HSTs and squares

i'll probably pick up the hexagons too.

------
it doesn't matter what type of sewing you do. you are sewing, and sewing is good.

Sewmissy2
Sewmissy2
Intermediate
Missouri USA
Member since 12/5/10
Send Message

Date: 4/26/13 7:47 AM

Oh that is very cool! All the dies I see in your pictures are applique shapes. Here is how you can use them: Iron on Heat and Bond Lite to your fabric you want to cut out. Then run thru the cutter. Your shapes are now fusible and can be ironed onto anything. You can use for quilts, garments, pillows..the sky is the limit! Just use a tiny satin stitch around the edge, or a blanket stitch to secure the raw edges.

You can get any of the dies that are 6" wide and 5" wide and they will work on your GO Baby. There is a Yahoo Group that is excellent for learning more about using your GO baby cutter. It is lots of fun to cut out the squares and triangles for piecing as well. Go to the Accuquilt site to see what all is available.

Have fun!

------
Designer 1, bought in 2000
Simplicity 350 serger, bought about 1997
3 Tajima Neo single head embroidery machines
Digitizer by profession
Embroidery software: Tajima DGML by Pulse (commercial) also know Designer's Gallery and Floriani for home use.

JEF
starstarstar
JEF  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Virginia USA
Member since 7/27/05
Board Moderator
Send Message

In reply to bluenines <<

Date: 4/26/13 8:18 AM

Congratulations! How fun to win something! Hope you enjoy it.

JEF

------
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." --Abraham Lincoln

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 4/26/13 9:00 AM

What fun to have won something like this! I would keep those dies, as using them for applique is very easy as another poster stated. I love my Go cutter. I went sort of nuts buying dies when I got mine, and I'm not sure I'll use them all, but I'm going to try. They sell pretty fast when priced right, so I can always sell those I find I don't use.
I love Hexagon quilts, and they make both a Hexie die and a companion die so that I THINK you can sew these with no hand sewing, but I might be wrong about that. I have both dies but have not experimented with it yet. If it's going to require any hand sewing, I am going to sell them. I just don't have time for that.

I have the 1.5 and 2.5 inch strip cutters. I use the 1.5 with my machine binder, and the 2.5 for hand done bindings. I have the large triangles, some rectangles, the 5 in that has two on it, one die that has 4 of the 4 inch squares, and the large tumbler.
The only problem is that when you look at the blocks you can make with the dies, there is always another one you don't have that you need! I think there is only one basic die left I have to get to be able to use any of the basic quilt blocks, and then I want that rag die too.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

quiltingwolf
star
quiltingwolf
Intermediate
Member since 12/15/02
Send Message

Date: 4/26/13 9:00 AM

the one thing I have against precut shapes whether you buy them or use one of the many cutters out now. Everyone else has the same shapes. Although I can absolutely see the need for them when the hands refuse to do what the mind wants.

------
quiltingwolf.blogspot.com

bluenines
star
bluenines
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 11/4/05
Send Message

In reply to bluenines <<

Date: 4/26/13 12:13 PM

Thank you all for your replies. I have looked at the accuquilt site at the dies and like the dies for squares and triangles shapes, I think they are the ones that I will have to save up some funds and them get first. not sure that I would get the hexi one as I don't hand sew and not sure if you can machine sew then, I still have not tried it out yet, been to tried , working shift work, but plan to on the weekend,
happy sewing to all

------
patterns in stash (325)

TessKwiltz
star
TessKwiltz  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Texas USA
Member since 9/21/07
Send Message

In reply to bluenines <<

Date: 4/26/13 3:15 PM

Accuquilt often has sales (sign up for their e-mails) and there are also other places to buy the dies for a better price. Don't pay full price!

------
Tess

On threadpainting flowers: "How many colors are in a flower? ... How many do you have?" - Ellen Anne Eddy

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Quilters' Corner >> Accuquilt go baby

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

McCall's 4286

photo
by: Thomasina4...

Review
BRUSH FRINGE JACKET, a CD book by Kenneth King

BRUSH FRINGE JACKET, a CD book by Kenneth King

Buy Now
SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern

SewBaby The Sleeve Saver Bib Pattern

Buy Now
Butterick 5484

photo
by: Doobee64

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.