SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > Source to purchase used patterns in Canada ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Source to purchase used patterns in Canada
Purchase used patterns
JUNIPERJUNE
JUNIPERJUNE  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Quebec CANADA
Member since 7/20/12
Send Message

Date: 5/1/13 11:37 AM

Hello, I am currently looking for a discontinued pattern, McCall's 5525. I am looking online to see if I can buy it used. I saw on amazon, but they were only plus sizes. I don;t seem to find it on etsy, craig's list nor kijiji.
Have you found an online source to purchase used patterns? I am in the Montreal area.
Thanks!

TailorsDen
TailorsDen  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 12/25/04
Send Message

thumbsup 5 members like this.

Date: 5/1/13 12:07 PM

Oh how I wish we had a Cdn sewing exchange or sewing-buy/sell site. It would make life so much easier for us for us all here north of the border wouldn't it. The cost of mailing things across the border (both ways) is really high and puts a lot of people off.

I checked my stash to see if I had it for you but didn't have that one.

There is a yahoo list called Sew Its For Sale and you could put a wanted ad on there. Other alternatives would be to post it in the classifieds on this site or in those on Stitches Guild. I've also see etsy and ebay Cdn sellers who sell patterns and in fact I've gotten some from a couple of them but can't recall their names. If you search on ebay and narrow the searches area to Canada, you'll com up with some.

good luck,
Gayle

JUNIPERJUNE
Intermediate
Quebec CANADA
Member since 7/20/12
Send Message

In reply to TailorsDen <<

Date: 5/1/13 12:08 PM

thanks. I have found several for this pattern, but in plus size only :(

I will check the classified here and on yahoo. Thanks for the tip

lakaribane
star
lakaribane
Beginner
HAITI
Member since 7/23/07
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 5/1/13 3:27 PM

JJ, I have the pattern in the sizes you need and I have family in Mtl, Qc.

Email me @gmail.com and we can work something out...

------
Fashion Maté, where I blog about what I (eventually) sew : http://fashionmate.blogspot.com
Addicted to Pinterest? Me too! : http://pinterest.com/lakaribane/

madhatress

madhatress  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Canada
Member since 1/21/04
Send Message

Date: 5/1/13 5:22 PM

I recently joined the sew it's for sale yahoo list. Some members are willing to ship to Canada.

I also caved and set up US mailing address with kinek.com in Buffalo. People I work with have been shipping things to the other side of the border and picking them up for years. You still have to pay tax, but the shipping is often free or cheap. The rates charged for holding items are very reasonable (starting at $5 if it's under 10lbs) and they will hold for 30 days.

------
Nadia
Tech lover!
Old black Singer (99?), Viking Designer Diamond Royale, Bernina 750QE, Brother CV 2340 and Babylock Imagine Wave

I think my SMAD is finally under control..

Pamela R
star
Pamela R  Friend of PR
Expert/Couture
Ontario CANADA
Member since 6/22/07
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/2/13 9:26 AM

I have always had the same complaint, but I do live near good fabric shopping, so I am spoiled. One place that I love shopping at is Anns Fabric in Hamilton and they do have a very good mail order business as well as 3 stories if fabric. Their staff are great and you can "get it all" ,although, they specialize in dance wear fabric etc. They also have wool, lace, and so much more. I believe their site is www.annsfabric.com
They do not carry used patterns, but they do have Jalie and Kwik Sew. Give them a try.. Tell them "Pam sent you."

JUNIPERJUNE
Intermediate
Quebec CANADA
Member since 7/20/12
Send Message

In reply to Pamela R <<

Date: 5/2/13 11:13 AM

Thanks Pamela R, I will check them out.

I also emailed Mccall's and asked them where I can get the pattern. The 1st email said I could order it from them. I then replied saying "But your website says it is out of print and out of stock. How do I order it?" Their customer service leaves something to be desired! The 2nd email directed me to try ebay.com, oldpatterns.com, sewingpatterns.com

They had a lot of great stuff, but not my pattern, of course.

limer
limer
Beginner
Member since 11/15/10
Send Message

Date: 5/2/13 6:18 PM

If someone is willing to pay a bit more than usual for M5525, ebay has one: This is ebay UK, but they ship worldwide.

For example:
The pattern price £8.25 and shipping to Canada is £9.99 Royal Mail Airmail (Small Packets).

-- Edited on 5/2/13 6:21 PM --

Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
Ontario Canada
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

In reply to limer <<

Date: 5/2/13 8:00 PM

post deleted
-- Edited on 5/2/13 8:06 PM --

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

JUNIPERJUNE
Intermediate
Quebec CANADA
Member since 7/20/12
Send Message

In reply to limer <<

Date: 5/2/13 8:04 PM

I found this one. They are the only ones that have the pattern in regular size. There seems to be several sellers of the pattern, but in Plus size only.

My hubby was VERY nice and got it for me. I have been looking for a trench coat for a few years, and this pattern is exactly what I want! Murphy's law it is discoed when I find it. For this price I better make at least 2 of the views! Maybe 3!

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> Source to purchase used patterns in Canada

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Fun with Fitting - PANTS
Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Class Details

Online Class
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro
10 Clever Techniques To Help You Sew Like a Pro

Class Details

StyleArc Sailor Sue Palazzo Pant

photo
by: SuzyBee

Review
Sewn Square One Triple Play Top Pattern

Sewn Square One Triple Play Top Pattern

More Info
Petite Plus Patterns Swing Coat

Petite Plus Patterns Swing Coat

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.