SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > OOP, OOAK, Discontinued, Closed Out, GONE! ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
OOP, OOAK, Discontinued, Closed Out, GONE!
RIP: Products we loved, no longer in production.
jadamo00
star
jadamo00
Advanced
New York USA
Member since 3/13/06
Send Message

Date: 5/15/13 6:56 AM

Sunshine12242 reports that patterns she likes are often OOP. plumfan sez: "This is what Bath and Bodyworks used to do to me. They discontinued every scent I ever loved. "

WHAT PRODUCTS did you love and were discontinued by the manufacturer?

For me, it's Blueberry Newtons. THAT was a great cookie! Alas, gone.

I also adored Space Food Sticks (in chocolate, not peanut butter). But that was in another epoch...

Click HERE for a list of discontinued grocery products (sob!).

j.

-- Edited on 5/15/13 8:40 AM --

Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to jadamo00 <<

Date: 5/15/13 11:04 AM

Most of the products on the "discontinued" list are unfamiliar to me, except for Borden's Thin Mints. Those were such excellent little mint wafers: Not too sweet, not crazy minty, with an interesting rich, mellow quality.

I really miss them.

sewme47
star
sewme47
Intermediate
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

Date: 5/15/13 1:26 PM

Space Food Sticks. Oh yeah. As kids, we were convinced that we were eating the very same food the astronauts ate! And astronauts were very cool in the 60's.

I also remember Quisp Cereal, although I've heard that might be making comeback.

Oh, and remember Tang, the orange drink mix? Another space-age food.
-- Edited on 5/15/13 1:29 PM --

Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
Ontario Canada
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

In reply to Elona <<

Date: 5/15/13 1:30 PM

Quote:
Most of the products on the "discontinued" list are unfamiliar to me

Same here, except a couple of those Campbell's soups. Which reminds me, my favorite Campbell's soups used to be Pepper Pot and Manhattan Clam Chowder, which haven't been sold in Canada for a couple of decades.

I had no idea there were ever more than about two kinds of "Newtons" cookies. You get a lot of things we don't get here. Not that five different kinds of Newtons would matter to me -- I can't even remember if Fig Newtons are still sold here. I used to love them when I was a kid, but this is not something I need to go looking for now, if you get my drift (more like midriff, lol).

Edited: I meant Manhattan Clam Chowder, not New England

-- Edited on 5/15/13 2:17 PM --

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

diane s
star
diane s  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/15/13 1:47 PM

Who knew there was a list. I scanned it really fast and saw Sunshine Hydrox cookies. There were like oreos with barely any frosting. I loved those when I was a kid.

------
My grandmother taught me to sew when I was 10, and I've been sewing ever since.

talesofawannabe
star
talesofawannabe
Advanced Beginner
Virginia USA
Member since 6/25/10
Send Message

Date: 5/15/13 2:04 PM

My favorite mascara ever made by Maybelline with a comb like brush was discontinued a few years ago. So sad! I loved that stuff. I even emailed the company and they said there is no chance of it coming back.

------
http://talesofawannabeseamstress.blogspot.com/

marec
starstarstarstar
marec  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/11/08
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 5/15/13 2:07 PM

Black Cow candy! yummy caramel
-- Edited on 5/15/13 2:08 PM --

------
my blog: http://kf-biblioblog.blogspot.com/
Sewing through my pattern stash-145
completed.

Vintage Joan
star
Vintage Joan
Intermediate
Ontario Canada
Member since 7/16/07
Send Message

Date: 5/15/13 2:18 PM

OK, here's a dumb one, but I really liked the original scent of Secret deodorant, which they discontinued several years ago so that they could bring out about 100 different new ones.

------
my shield and my very great reward ~ Gen. 15:1

ShantiSeamstressing
star
ShantiSeamstressing
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/11/10
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/15/13 2:52 PM

Well, here's another one I miss that's not on that list (not that I could rink it anyway, as I can't have gluten anymore): Postum!!! Anyone else remember a nice warm cup of Postum with milk, maybe some honey or sugar stirred in?

What about Royal Lunch Milk Crackers? Anyone remember those? I can buy a box of milk crackers that comes from Canada, but the Royal Lunch brand ones were thicker and had a slightly different taste. It's a sentimental attachment, too, I admit, because I always had those at my dear grandma's house.

I also miss Revlon's Outrageous shampoo/conditioner. It wasn't that it washed or conditioned so much better than any other product; it smelled out of this world gorgeous!! I miss that.

And now, I guess they will soon have to update that list with Twinkies.... The thing is, I don't "miss" most of those items because I grew up with healthy, cook-from-scratch parents, semi-vegetarian; and I turned into a cook-from-scratch wife myself. But I still had some of them once in a blue moon.

ShantiSeamstressing
star
ShantiSeamstressing
Advanced Beginner
Member since 6/11/10
Send Message

Date: 5/15/13 3:01 PM

Be still my heart! I found Outrageous - our Canadian friends still have it for sale!

In Canada at well.com

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> OOP, OOAK, Discontinued, Closed Out, GONE!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Class Details

Online Class
Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Class Details

Make it Perfect Downtown Boy Jacket

photo
by: brissmith

Review
Favorite Things Little Hip Skirts Pattern

Favorite Things Little Hip Skirts Pattern

More Info
J Stern Designs Misses Jeans Pattern

J Stern Designs Misses Jeans Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.