SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers > looking for sewing machine ( Moderated by CarolynGM, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
looking for sewing machine
babylock elizabeth or find Janome
louise50
louise50
Advanced Beginner
Oregon USA
Member since 5/25/13
Send Message

Date: 5/25/13 9:25 PM

Newly retired. I have a Bernina 1030 from the early 90's. I want an updated macine that I can sew and do some applique or quilting. Nice buttonholes. I tried a Laura Ashley, Brother ,machine today. Just wasn't in love with how the stitches looked. Also, tried an Elna, and some Juki's. I didn't like the look of the stitches of any of them. Stitches were not real even like my old Kenmore or Bernina. Also, found out dealers charge different prices. Will try the Babylock next week. The Elizabeth is $799 at Babylock dealer. Can anyone help me? Don't know if anyone carries Janome around here.

lgrande
star
lgrande  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 1/18/12
Send Message

In reply to louise50 <<

Date: 5/25/13 11:05 PM

Louise,
Are you in the Portland metro area?
Although I don't live there any longer, I did get my Janome from Montavilla Sewing Center (the one in SE Portland).

------
Linda

Bernina 830LE - Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 - Bernina B530 - Janome 6600P - Pfaff 1209 - Babylock Evolution - Janome 644 - Babylock Sashiko2 - Babylock BLCS-2

louise50
louise50
Advanced Beginner
Oregon USA
Member since 5/25/13
Send Message

Date: 5/25/13 11:53 PM

No Southern Oregon. My cousin, from Portland, is bringing her new Bernina , she got really nice quilting one,down and we are going to put together some quilts.. wanting to applique the SunBonnet Sue's my mother cut out before she passed away years ago. Will do them for my granddaughters. What machine do I look for? Really didn't connect with the ones I tried today. My sister loves her babylock. She got embroidery one. I would maybe like to do some embroidery. Just confused. Really want to work on my sewing , too.

louise50
louise50
Advanced Beginner
Oregon USA
Member since 5/25/13
Send Message

Date: 5/25/13 11:53 PM

Sorry. Duplicate post
-- Edited on 5/26/13 12:29 PM --

louise50
louise50
Advanced Beginner
Oregon USA
Member since 5/25/13
Send Message

Date: 5/26/13 0:07 AM

Sorry . Duplicate post
-- Edited on 5/26/13 12:29 PM --

louise50
louise50
Advanced Beginner
Oregon USA
Member since 5/25/13
Send Message

Date: 5/26/13 0:09 AM

How do I delete all these extra posts?

louise50
louise50
Advanced Beginner
Oregon USA
Member since 5/25/13
Send Message

In reply to lgrande <<

Date: 5/26/13 0:30 AM

Just found on google have place in Medford that sells Janome. The MC 4900QC is $899. MC 300E $999; DC 5100 $500 MC63008 $1199.I really want to get the best for my money however, higher cost may not mean more. Would like a wider harp size. Anyone know about these machines?

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Illinois USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

In reply to louise50 <<

Date: 5/26/13 3:07 AM

Whatever you do, keep the Bernina 1030! I have several high-end, computerized machines, and recently bought a 1030 used. Love it so much, I bought another one that popped up soon after. It's among my favorites.

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

louise50
louise50
Advanced Beginner
Oregon USA
Member since 5/25/13
Send Message

In reply to Maia B <<

Date: 5/26/13 11:18 AM

Thank you. Trying to convince my husband I need to get electronic. Just helped my 7 year old granddaughter make a cute bag with the Bernina. I will keep it. Now the decision. I will take denim and material to store on Tuesday and try them out.

wendyrb
wendyrb  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 12/30/11
Send Message

In reply to louise50 <<

Date: 5/26/13 11:46 AM

I don't think you can 100% delete a duplicate post. You can remove the text portion by tapping the "Edit" button on the post. It will open up and you can correct. Delete all the writing. Some people say a few words- sorry duplicate post, oops, etc. Tap Edit again and your corrected post will be back on the thread. Of course you can edit to add or correct typos.

Congrats on your new exciting phase of life and getting a new machine. I have oldie Berninas- 830 and 930 Records. Keepers! Recently bought a Pfaff Creative Performance- total love. It's a higher price range. I started looking at around $1000-1200! I even looked at the far more expensive newer Bernina 7 series. Too costly for me. Like you, I tried several brands new to me. Pfaff was unfamiliar, but I fell in love.

Have you looked at machine reviews here? I read a lot and that answered many questions. Really prepared me to be an informed shopper. Bring a good variety of your own fabric and test a good variety of stitches, seam methods, hems over thick seams, buttonholes, etc. Have fun and let us know what you decide on.

------
Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them. Andy Rooney

Pfonzie- my honey Pfaff Creative Performance, Bernina 930 and 830, Evolution serger.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sergers, Coverstitch and Blindhemmers >> looking for sewing machine

Merchants on PR

Budo Bear Designs

Asian Designs
Web site

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics
Beginners Guide to Dyeing Fabrics

Register

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

Register

Vogue Patterns 8833

photo
by: GoodbyeVal...

Review
Simplicity 9966

photo
by: queenlathe...

Review
Islander Sewing Systems Waterfall Pattern Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Waterfall Pattern Pattern

Buy Now
SewBaby Petal Jacket Pattern

SewBaby Petal Jacket Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.