SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Koala Sewcomfort Chair vs Bernina "Red" Chair ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Koala Sewcomfort Chair vs Bernina "Red" Chair
Quilter in MN
Quilter in MN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MN USA
Member since 5/19/12
Send Message

Date: 5/26/13 3:54 PM

I am in the market for a new chair. I have tried the Koala chair but not the Bernina. Does anyone have any opinions one way or the other.

I have a price for the Sewcomfort chair but not the Bernina. If anyone has that chair and wouldn't mind sending me a PM with the price I would greatly appreciate it.

Karen

------
Quilter in MN

Bernina 830LE, Brother Duetta 2- 4750D

ilesliemy
ilesliemy  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 2/25/05
Send Message

Subject: Koala Sewcomfort Chair vs Bernina Red Chair Date: 5/26/13 4:30 PM

I just finally after several years of trying gave my Bernina red chair to a much younger friend that I have taught to quilt. It would have been wonderful ($300 by the way) but it was so heavy that it would NOT roll on a flat pile carpet. I had to grab ahold of my desk to pull myself forward to sew. I am small (110) and short so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but my friend is short and not much heavier but has a tile floor so tryout what you are thinking about on the same surface you will be using it on. She loves it.
Leslie

------
Bernina Gal

Sew Nanny
starstarstar
Sew Nanny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
MS
Member since 8/13/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/26/13 5:12 PM

I have the red Bernina chair and paid about $200 for it. My sewing room floor is wood, so I have no problem moving it from one area of the room to another. I'm taller than average (about 5'7") and it's very comfortable for me.

------
Patricia
Bernina Artista 635LE ~ Juki MO-735
Bernina DesignerPlus 7

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." Eleanor Roosevelt

lelliebunny
star
lelliebunny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 12/24/12
Send Message

Date: 5/26/13 8:08 PM

I own 2 koala chairs which I absolutely adore (one at my sewing table and one at my computer desk). I find the bernina chairs to be just ok. They are a lot better than some other options, but I greatly prefer the koala.

FWIW, I have 1 koala chair on wood and the other on carpet.

------
it doesn't matter what type of sewing you do. you are sewing, and sewing is good.

Sharon48
star
Sharon48  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 5/17/12
Send Message

Subject: Koala Sewcomfort Chair vs Bernina Red Chair Date: 5/27/13 2:56 AM

I have a Koala chair and really love it! I paid about $150 (sale - free shipping) and couldn't be happier. I have carpet but have put a very large chair pad over it so it glides to all 3 sewing stations!

------
Sewing is a passion, so relaxing and calming!

Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Evolution
Babylock Melody
Viking 190
Babylock Coverstitch (I know, I know - but had
to have it!!)
Babylock Embellisher
Singer 401A

Doris W. in TN
star
Doris W. in TN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TN USA
Member since 2/9/04
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 5/27/13 4:30 AM

I haven't sat on the Koala chair, but the Bernina chair is okay.

lgrande
star
lgrande  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/18/12
online now
Send Message

Date: 5/27/13 8:29 AM

Can't compare because I haven't seen a Koala chair.
But I did buy the Bernina chair about a year ago when my dealer had a sale on three of them. They had been used in a dealer event and were priced at $199.
I'm taller than average (5/7" now) and it fits me very well. It is also über adjustable.
I have heavy carpeting in my sewing room/office so I have chair pads at my work stations.

-- Edited on 5/27/13 8:53 AM --

------
Linda

Bernina 830LE - Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 - Bernina B530 - Janome 6600P - Pfaff 1209 - Babylock Evolution - Janome 644 - Babylock Sashiko2 - Babylock BLCS-2

SewBusy63
star
SewBusy63
Intermediate
Member since 12/10/07
Send Message

thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 5/27/13 9:42 AM

I was going to buy the Bernina chair. Then I found a Hon desk chair with the exact same features on Craigslist for $20 in brand new condition. I bought the Hon.

------
~Diana~

♥ Bernina 830E ♥ Bernina 1150MDA serger

✝The Lord is my Light and my Salvation: whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1✝

lgrande
star
lgrande  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/18/12
online now
Send Message

In reply to SewBusy63 <<

Date: 5/27/13 9:43 AM

Nice score!!!

------
Linda

Bernina 830LE - Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 - Bernina B530 - Janome 6600P - Pfaff 1209 - Babylock Evolution - Janome 644 - Babylock Sashiko2 - Babylock BLCS-2

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
IL USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

Subject: Koala Sewcomfort Chair vs Bernina Red Chair Date: 5/27/13 11:13 AM

I bought the Koala chair, for about $200 on sale as a floor model (looked brand new to me), because it goes from drafting height to sitting height AND it goes pretty low. I'm short and sitting up too high hurts the back on my thighs. This one chair works for at all my "stations".

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Koala Sewcomfort Chair vs Bernina "Red" Chair

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

The Contemporary Couture Jacket
The Contemporary Couture Jacket

Register

Butterick 5778

photo
by: Barbara V

Review
BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2011-103

photo
by: olgarosita

Review
Victory Simone Paper Pattern

Victory Simone Paper Pattern

Buy Now
Lolita Patterns Gunmetal

Lolita Patterns Gunmetal

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.