SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Miscellaneous > craftsy ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
craftsy
sale
shana707

shana707
Advanced
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 3/23/05
Send Message

Date: 6/4/13 2:57 PM

I received an e-mail with craftsy offer of one class for $19.95, set to expire yesterday. I thought I was too late but went to the site anyway. It looked like all classes were on sale for $19.95 with no limit on how many you could order. Thought you'd like to know!

Barbara3
Barbara3  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 5/22/06
Send Message

In reply to shana707 <<
thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 6/4/13 4:26 PM

I think Craftsy might be flirting with a customer relations problem. Sales target only some customers, and when others learn of it and they go to the website to buy it, it's often not available to them. I've heard this over and over. This kind of targeted marketing is legal, of course, but it's not great to be wondering whether someone else is getting something for half the price you're paying at the very same time. Craftsy could take a lesson from Deepika, who offers sales sometimes - but to everyone at once. Opinions?

shana707

shana707
Advanced
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 3/23/05
Send Message

In reply to Barbara3 <<

Date: 6/4/13 7:51 PM

I assumed, when I found this price on the site, that it was available to everyone. Isn't it? If not, I agree--they could be flirting with a problem.
I should add that I did not enter the site through a link in the e-mail. I entered it directly (by typing in url).
-- Edited on 6/4/13 7:53 PM --

Barbara3
Barbara3  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 5/22/06
Send Message

In reply to shana707 <<

Date: 6/4/13 8:25 PM

The site likely recognizes customers by email addresses and cookies, as other commercial sites do, and pulls up the targeted sale pricing. So, I don't think it matters how you enter the site - either directly or through the link in an email.

I should add that I wasn't looking to buy a class myself when I saw your post and responded. I did have this experience before, but I went onto the site when you posted just to see if it was happening again. I was just thinking of all of the times I had heard that comment about sale pricing being a sale that was apparently for others.

Nevertheless, it's important that PR members share their good finds here - as you did. It keeps everyone aware of the possibility of accessing better pricing at some point.

Kwaaked
Kwaaked
Member since 9/25/12
online now
Send Message

Date: 6/4/13 8:49 PM

I've noticed that I get better sales the less I use the site.

An example is I bought one class at $15 that was usually $50. Never watched it, a few months later I got the same sale and bought another...that I didn't watch. I got a third one (about 8 months now in total) for the same sale, bought another class. Then I did the groupon deal, watched them all, and have not had more then 15% off since.

Debbie Lancaster
star
Debbie Lancaster  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 9/18/02
Send Message

Date: 6/4/13 9:10 PM

It does seem that the site keeps track of your usage, and if you hold out long enough they'll try to tempt you back. I bought a class that I started to watch, but got bored with and never finished. They just sent me one of those $19.95 emails and I bought two classes. We will see what happens next!

------
Debbie

Sickofitcindy
star
Sickofitcindy
Intermediate
New York USA
Member since 5/1/08
Send Message

Date: 6/4/13 10:16 PM

Funny, I got an email for a class in my wish list for 19.99. It's odd that they have different sales for different customers.

MrsCharisma
starstarstarstar
MrsCharisma  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Minnesota USA
Member since 2/1/13
Send Message

Date: 6/5/13 5:01 PM

I knew it!

You know how you're pretty certain of something and then you tell someone and they think you're being dramatic and slightly crazy?

No? That only happens to me? LOL!

I agree that they do target people or that you have to enter the site through a specific link, etc to get a sale price. I've bought the serger class via a discounted link. That discounted price was NOT available without the link...which is fine...but yeah, it can be frustrating.

------
Nakisha
www.sewcraftychemist.blogspot.com
Singer Talent 3321 | Brother 1034D

My Big 4 Sizing: Medium | Tops 14/16 | Pants 18 | Skirts 16/18.

My Measurements: 36 HB | 38.5 FB | 34 W | 44 Hip

crs37
crs37  Friend of PR
Beginner
Kansas USA
Member since 4/29/08
Send Message

In reply to Sickofitcindy <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/5/13 8:03 PM

I received the same email. I took advantage of it, but knowing that they did this, I will be a bit more particular about which classes I put in the wish list.

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 6/5/13 8:08 PM

If Craftsy wants to fool around with their pricing, we can beat them at their own game. I signed up on their website over a year ago but have never purchased a class because I refuse to pay their inflated prices. But last week, they sent me an email offering any class of my choice for $9.99. That sounded like a good deal, so I bought my first Craftsy class -- the Tilton sister's tee shirt video. In the future, I will wait again for the price to drop to $14.95 or less.

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> craftsy

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Christine Jonson Cuff Pant

Christine Jonson Cuff Pant

Buy Now
Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.