SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Pfaff PCP vs HV Designer Diamond Deluxe ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Pfaff PCP vs HV Designer Diamond Deluxe
owners who like or dislike which and why
ajoseph
ajoseph  Friend of PR
Member since 10/10/12
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 2:50 AM

Been considering a HV Designer Diamond Deluxe, but been hearing good things about the Pfaff Creative Performance. I am mostly concerned with excellent quality stitches for any application. from quilt piecing to embroidery to heirloom sewing.
this excited me about the PCP: "Optimized feeding–enhanced to
provide more control when seaming small pieces. Patchwork program–Sew your seam and the PFAFF creative performance
sewing and embroidery machine will remember the seam length to repeat over and over. Sensormatic buttonhole–Buttonhole columns are sewn in the same direction for precise stitch quality. I was interested in the HV because i heard that the embroidery looked as good on the back as the front, and that the stitch quality was most excellent. I was impressed with the HV embroidery that i saw in person. right now the PCP is tugging at me harder then the HV.

lelliebunny
star
lelliebunny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 12/24/12
Send Message

In reply to ajoseph <<

Date: 6/10/13 2:52 AM

i don't have the DDD, but the IDT on the PCP is awesome.

------
it doesn't matter what type of sewing you do. you are sewing, and sewing is good.

Sonoma33
star
Sonoma33  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 5/10/09
Send Message

In reply to ajoseph <<

Date: 6/10/13 4:11 AM

I have and love the PCP. I chose it over a DDD because I wanted IDT. The DDD has the thread portioning that seems very cool too. But I really wanted the IDT feature and use it much of the time.

Are you able to go and try both? I think they both do a beautiful job of embroidery. The DDD is a very pretty machine, and I think it sews very nicely, but I would miss the IDT feature myself. From an embroidery feature test, the DDD is probably closer to a Creative Sensation than a Creative Performance, as it is the TOL for HV I believe. So, in comparing apples to apples, you might want to look at those two machines.

------
Berninas 830LE ♥ Artista 630PQE ♥ 930 Record ♥ Juki TL2010Q ♥ Pfaffs Creative Performance ♥ Passport 2.0 ♥ Singers 221 ♥ 301 ♥ 500a ♥ Kenmore 1040 ♥ Elna 'Grasshopper' ♥ Tacsew T500 ♥ Babylock Evolution

jzygail
star
jzygail  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Maryland USA
Member since 11/2/06
Send Message

In reply to ajoseph <<

Date: 6/10/13 7:20 AM

I would say go take both for a test drive. I have a PCP (but I only just got it a week ago). I used the PCP in a machine quilting class and an HV Designer Rose in a quilt piecing class. the PCP won me over in terms of bonding with a machine, but the HV pieced like a dream; if I'd bonded equally, it would have been a VERY hard choice between the two. Enough to say that aside from my emotional factor in the decision, I think the two machines were equal.

Granted the Rose isn't the Diamond, but I have to think if the Rose was awesome, the Diamond will likely be so, too.

So there's my 2 cents' worth--which may be a bit overinflated ;)

quilternowtoo
quilternowtoo  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Missouri USA
Member since 12/26/09
Send Message

In reply to ajoseph <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/10/13 8:38 AM

The DDD and the Sensation both have the Acti-Stitch, or control proportion, or same quality stitch on the back and front. DDD the sensor system, Sensation the IDT. The Sensation a knee lift, the DDD does not. I like the knee lift... for me it takes the place of neither machine having a presser foot lever. Even though they both have the hoover, I like the option of lifting the presser foot myself. The DDD is a quieter, smoother machine. They have many features that are alike. The DDD has 7mm width, the Sensation 9mm. I always liked the decorative designs on the Pfaff. If you are interested in the decorative and embroidery you might also compare them on each machine. They each have a totally different feel. The Sensation and DDD are like machines. The Ruby and PCP are like machines. Julia
-- Edited on 6/10/13 8:45 AM --

SouthernStitch
starstarstar
SouthernStitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 8:50 AM

If I did tons of embroidery, I'd have to go with the DDD, simply because of the fact that you get the same quality of embroidery both front and back. I would think this comes in very handy when embroidering quilts, or something after it's sewn up, like a purse flap, or something like that. I don't do enough embroidery to justify that, but it may be good for some people.

------
Bernina 780, and 530
Juki TL2010
Babylock Evolution
Singer 403a

When life gives you green velvet curtains, make a green velvet dress.

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 10:29 AM

I have the PCP, and have not used a DDD, but I will reiterate the PCP is not Pfaff's TOL, the Creative Sensation is, so if you want to directly compare machines, the DDD and Sensation would be a more accurate comparison.

However, the PCP DOES have darn near PERFECT fabric feed and stitch quality. And it is a super simple machine to use.

The embroideries I have done so far have been beautiful also, although I have not yet attempted one that needs to look good on the back too, (I will soon!)

------
Cathryn

kerri Y
kerri Y
Intermediate
Member since 5/6/04
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 10:43 AM

I have the HV DDD.

I prefer the ESS over the IDT foot. For my sewing which is mostly quilting, applique and home dec and hemming and shirt edges, it performs like a dream.

The stitching is beautiful. It doesn't matter if is straight stitching, decorative, over thick seams, or free motion, the back stitching is as beautiful as the front.

The embroidery is the best I have seen. It is wonderful. I loved all my brother machines and still have a little sofia 2, but the HV DDD stitching is superior in my opinion, mainly cuz the tension is so great. No adjustments needed.

I did FSL for the first time. And was nervous for some reason. it Stitched perfectly with turquoise cotton thread and back looked as great as the front. I had a hard time telling which was which

If it ever gives me trouble I will sure post it here, but for now it is wonderful machine that is a dream to sew on.

-- Edited on 6/10/13 10:45 AM --
-- Edited on 6/10/13 10:46 AM --

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to Cat n Bull <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 6/10/13 10:57 AM

Actually, Pfaff does consider the PCP to be their TOL sewing machine.

The CS is their TOL embroidery machine.

Pfaff Creative Performance
-- Edited on 6/10/13 11:06 AM --

------
I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
Send Message

In reply to LynnRowe <<

Date: 6/10/13 11:14 AM

Quote: LynnRowe
Actually, Pfaff does consider the PCP to be their TOL sewing machine.

The CS is their TOL embroidery machine.

Pfaff Creative Performance
-- Edited on 6/10/13 11:06 AM --

My bad!

The OP WAS talking about the super sweet embroidery of the DDD, so I should have clarified that the Sensation is the Pfaff that also has that super sweet embroidery feature.

And do they consider the PCP to sew better than the CS? That is interesting! I just assumed they would both have the same sewing features/capabilities and it was just the embroidery that was different.

------
Cathryn

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Pfaff PCP vs HV Designer Diamond Deluxe

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Bust Adjustments
Bust Adjustments

Register

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

You Sew Girl 200mm Glam Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 200mm Glam Purse Pattern

Buy Now
PerfectFuse Medium Black

PerfectFuse Medium Black

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.