SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Sewing Machines > Babylock sergers ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Babylock sergers
The difference between Enlighten & Imagine.
cjohns2
cjohns2  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
North Carolina USA
Member since 4/9/13
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 8:31 AM

Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 sergers outside of the Wave stitch?
Also is $2000.00 a fair price for a used Enlighten?
Thanks for your help.

------
Brother SB3129
Viking 500
Babylock Serger Enlighten
Babylock EM Spirit

Barbara3
Barbara3  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 5/22/06
Send Message

In reply to cjohns2 <<
thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 6/10/13 11:26 AM

The Enlighten has a smaller turning radius (better), whiter and brighter lighting, an updated looper threading device, one improved adjustment dial design, and a lighter colored body - in addition to the wave stitch. $2000 seems high for a used Enlighten, but it depends on how used/new it really is. Great machine.

PattiAnnJ
star
PattiAnnJ
Advanced
Ohio USA
Member since 12/3/06
Send Message

In reply to cjohns2 <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/10/13 11:32 AM

If you go to the babylock site you can do side by side comparisons for the features.

Prices can vary by dealer. A high volume dealer may have a better price.

------
I dont give them Hell, I just tell the truth about them and they think its Hell. Harry Truman

"Improvise, adapt and overcome." - Clint Eastwood/Heartbreak Ridge

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 11:41 AM

The Imagine Wave has the smaller turning radius, also. The Enlighten is the updated version of the Imagine Wave.

lelliebunny
star
lelliebunny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 12/24/12
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 11:47 AM

I think the lighting is the most significant difference. Doesn't the enlighten use the extraordin-air system instead of jet air threading?

------
it doesn't matter what type of sewing you do. you are sewing, and sewing is good.

LynnRowe
starstar
LynnRowe  Friend of PR
Advanced
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 3/9/09
Send Message

In reply to lelliebunny <<

Date: 6/10/13 11:58 AM

Huge lighting difference, which is what made me snag an Enlighten and trade in my IW.

The Enlighten also has the cutting blade moved closer to the needles, which creates an even tighter turning radius. And yep, extraordin-air threading, so all threads can be threaded at the same time.

LOVE my Enlighten.

------
I heart Panzy, Pfaff Creative Performance, the sewing machine love of my life!
And Baby (Enlighten serger), Victor (BLCS), Rupert (Pfaff 2023-knits expert) Ash (B350SE-Artwork), Kee (B750QEE-Panzy's BFF), Georgie (B560-Kee's baby sister) and the Feather-Flock!

Most of all, I heart Woo (HimmyCat). Until we meet again, my beautiful little boy. I love you.

Maia B
star
Maia B  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Illinois USA
Member since 10/27/10
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 12:12 PM

How much?

------
🌸 Plenty of machines, mostly Berninas 🌸

cjohns2
cjohns2  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
North Carolina USA
Member since 4/9/13
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 12:37 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses, I'm really glad to learn about the tighter turning radius. I was leaning towards the Imagine now I'm thinking I should snag this Enlighten if I can get it a tad under $2,000.00

------
Brother SB3129
Viking 500
Babylock EM Spirit

1975Jumby
star
1975Jumby
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 8/19/08
Send Message

Date: 6/10/13 2:38 PM

I just purchased the Enlighten in February and don't regret it for a second. I used it all day yesterday and it just really delivers! So far, I've sewed knits, denim and cotton on a variety of projects.

I was in the same boat as you when deciding between the Imagine and Enlighten. I ended up choosing the Enlighten because of the better lighting and the fact the body isn't supposed to "yellow" with age (we'll see). Plus, the tighter turning radius as well as the narrow feet. But let me say, the lighting really is a huge deal. After using the machine for awhile, I sat at an Imagine at my dealer's the other weekend and noticed a total difference.

The wave stitch is a nice addition and I have used it a few times to make decorative napkins. It wasn't a HUGE deal to me, but given the fact I do a lot of table runners and napkins for gifts, it was a nice bonus to have.

I paid $1850 total out the door and that included tax. This also included the Inspirational Guide (which I highly recommend) and a package of 6 extra feet. I think $2000 is a bit high for a used Enlighten, but it also depends on your location.

The only problem? I love it so much, I think I might get the coverstitch machine on the next financing special Babylock has this summer.

------
Babylock Ellisimo Gold
Babylock Enlighten
Kenmore 1914
Kenmore 1814

cjohns2
cjohns2  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
North Carolina USA
Member since 4/9/13
Send Message

In reply to 1975Jumby <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/10/13 4:28 PM

Thanks for the info 1975Jumby, if you paid that for a new one I'm defiantly going to off under $1800 for a used one. I'm in the Carolinas and can get a new Evolution for $2,600. I just don't need that much machine.

------
Brother SB3129
Viking 500
Babylock EM Spirit

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Babylock sergers

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Vogue Patterns 1034

photo
by: mhoutz

Review
Everyday Baskets

Everyday Baskets

Buy Now
Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Christine Jonson Taper Pant & Wide Leg Pant

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.