SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Miscellaneous > things that make one tired ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
things that make one tired
is this unusual?
petro
starstarstar
petro  Friend of PR
Advanced
France
Member since 6/24/07
Send Message

Date: 6/14/13 3:20 PM

This may sond weird, but I've noticed that if I wear make up, such as foundation, I get to feel tired quicker. The same thing occurs if I wear the kind of fine knit nylon tights or socks.
My daughter also reports this. Is anyone else affected like this?

marymary86
marymary86
Intermediate
Georgia USA
Member since 7/20/08
Send Message

Date: 6/14/13 3:34 PM

Not me (at least not that I've noticed) but oh my goodness am I enjoying your blog!

:)

------
Mary

SquishSews
star
SquishSews  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 1/18/09
Send Message

Date: 6/14/13 3:39 PM

I've noticed that any eye makeup, especially mascara that's a little old, tires my eyes out... then I feel tired because my eyes are tired.

Stockings don't bother me but heels are exhausting.

Elona
star
Elona  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 8/24/02
online now
Send Message

In reply to petro <<
thumbsup 4 members like this.

Date: 6/14/13 3:41 PM

I cannot say that I have ever noticed the phenomenon. However, might it be possible that the kind of day that requires you to wear makeup or tights is in itself tiring?

birdmcfarland
starstar
birdmcfarland
Intermediate
Pennsylvania USA
Member since 8/1/08
Send Message

Date: 6/14/13 3:49 PM

Lots of makeup does that to me! Thought I was the only one

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to petro <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/14/13 3:50 PM

I found when I wear a certain type of tinted moisturizer, I feel tired My thinking is that the odor from the moisturizer is tiring me out because I may be allergic to it and my body is trying to fight off the histamines.

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

beauturbo
beauturbo
Advanced
California USA
Member since 5/2/09
Send Message

In reply to petro <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/14/13 8:24 PM

Not really, but I don't like thin nylon socks as they don't breath and kind of feel icky on me. On the fine nylon knit over the feet and legs things, I'm not too terribly fond of nylon panty hose at all just because it does feel kind of prickly particular sometimes when the wind blows across it to me, plus I just don't even like half my body being sort of all enclosed up in the nylon or plastic of it. On the flip side, rather very expensive and nicer made real stockings with no tops to them, (even if made with nylon and not silk) don't bother me the same way at all though, just because probably not covering so much of me all at the same time. Also thicker winter tights don't most times bother me, and I like those too.

I wear some makeup, and if I ever really put a lot on, on purpose, then that is in such a way to look less tired , so if it was making me feel tired that would be not good. I do wonder what could make that happen?

There seems to be kind of 2 common denominators in all those things though. One is they cover parts of your body, so maybe your tactical and skin sensations with just air or anything different that is touching them, right then, might actually feel or be perceived different, than not having something like those on there.

Also they all just sort of things that are not worn all the time, (at least for not me) and instead just worn when getting ready to go to certain places, a certain event or maybe do a certain thing. I know just myself well enough, that if I have to make some preparations to go do something, that I really don't want to very much, and have been dreading it, but of course force myself to anyways, sometimes just the anticipation and getting ready for it, part of which is sometimes wearing certain things or a certain kind of make up, then even just that, in anticipation of it maybe, is kind of tiring in it's self. Can't say anyone else would ever "feel that way" but they might?

I think they would all somewhat even block the sun's rays from the skin somewhat. Sun is now determined to be bad for skin for the most part, but we still all need some.

-- Edited on 6/14/13 8:45 PM --

quathy
star
quathy  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 6/3/06
Send Message

Date: 6/15/13 1:09 AM

Just a thought, could it be that when you are wearing the makeup it's because you're engaging in more strenuous activity?

petro
starstarstar
petro  Friend of PR
Advanced
France
Member since 6/24/07
Send Message

In reply to marymary86 <<

Date: 6/15/13 6:58 PM

Thanks Mary!

petro
starstarstar
petro  Friend of PR
Advanced
France
Member since 6/24/07
Send Message

In reply to quathy <<

Date: 6/15/13 7:00 PM

Not really, I've noticed the effect when I put make up on for only a short time for any reason, as well as if I'm trying to make an impression somehow.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> things that make one tired

Merchants on PR

Budo Bear Designs

Asian Designs
Web site

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2005-102

photo
by: Lynnelle

Review
Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Jamie Christina Abbey Coat Pattern (JC314AC)

Buy Now
SewBaby Easy Pieces Jumper Pattern

SewBaby Easy Pieces Jumper Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.