SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
PatternReview.com
PatternReview.com

Forum > Miscellaneous > The new purple Yahoo Mail -- yuck! ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
The new purple Yahoo Mail -- yuck!
One more great program ruined
nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/16/13 11:49 AM

A few days ago, I received a nasty surprise. The Classic medium blue Yahoo Mail program I had been using for over a decade without problems no longer worked, and I was forceably switched over to Yahoo's new purple version with no way to get back to Yahoo Classic.

If it were merely a change of color from soothing blue to lurid purple, I wouldn't complain. But the new version dreadful. I seem to be getting more spam mail than ever before. Email searches screw up the dates. Also, I'm no longer receiving my "saved searches" from ebay (ebay already knows about this problem and is working with yahoo to fix it). And these are just the problems I know about -- there may be many more I haven't discovered yet.

I just sent a complaint to Yahoo, and here's the link in case you'd like to complain to Yahoo, too

-- Edited on 6/16/13 11:51 AM --

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

HawkeMorningStar7
starstarstarstar
HawkeMorningStar7  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 6/21/05
Send Message

Date: 6/16/13 12:04 PM

Another complaint(Not to mention the CONTINUAL side bar ads that never were there....
I CAN'T ATTACH ANY FILES/PHOTOS!!
Took forever and finally i gave up to load "new file attacher" thingie...fast and easy they promise.....duh
I wanted to send photos to Mum
attach an important doc to my son for College...he needs it pronto....
BAH
Why cant they leave well enough alone
s i g h

------
.....Behold, a wonder did appear;
Amazement was my bliss.......

HawkeMorningStar7
starstarstarstar
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 6/21/05
Send Message

Date: 6/16/13 12:08 PM

PS If any of you bright techies know how to fix yahoo mail attach uploader i would be so grateful
Younger son just found out he cant attach docs either.
Thanks

------

LauraTS
star
LauraTS  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 7/10/06
Send Message

Date: 6/16/13 12:26 PM

I suspect they swapped me over a month or so ago, because I've been dealing with the new format for a while now. Some things are better and some things are worse.

Hawke, I had a problem with attaching files to yahoo for a week or so and then it automagically fixed itself, so I don't have any great suggestions unfortunately. If you haven't already, clear your cookies and restart your browser and machine and see if that helps any at all.

------
I've moved! Visit my new sewing blog at http://chiralcraft.wordpress.com

Do you sew from KnipMode? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knipmode_english/

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

In reply to LauraTS <<

Date: 6/16/13 1:14 PM

Yahoo actually introduced the new version several months ago, but also gave users the option of using Yahoo Classic, which is the version I continued to use. A few days ago, however, Yahoo removed Yahoo Classic and now the new Yahoo is the only version Yahoo offers.

What do other users think about the new Yahoo Mail? Skip the article (which was most likely written by Yahoo's PR department) and go straight to the user comments posted beneath it. It seems just everyone hates the new Yahoo Mail.

-- Edited on 6/16/13 1:24 PM --

------

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

In reply to HawkeMorningStar7 <<

Date: 6/16/13 1:30 PM

Hawke, send the files and photos within the body of the document rather than as an attachment to it.

So, if this is your text, you would simply add the address of the photo or adobe document like this: http://imageshack.us/a/img827/6696/p6063180.jpg

------

HawkeMorningStar7
starstarstarstar
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 6/21/05
Send Message

In reply to nancy2001 <<

Date: 6/16/13 2:15 PM

Thanks Nancy yes I could send a link direct to flickr
but word DOC ??
The file is on my computer
I think there is website somewhere that you can load DOCs to...if this hasn't resolved I may look into this.

------

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
Alabama USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

In reply to HawkeMorningStar7 <<

Date: 6/16/13 2:35 PM

Hawke, I'm not an expert on this by any means but I believe you can attach one document (and only one document) to each yahoo email. At least that's what I believe is true based on my skimming of the comments to the article I posted above. I just tested yahoo email, and I was able to send myself a word like document (I use a free Word clone) that was stored on my computer. If you need to send more than one document, simply attach each document to a new email. Hope this helps.

------

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

In reply to nancy2001 <<

Date: 6/16/13 3:11 PM

Add me to the list of "don't like it". I sent them a complaint last week. I willingly changed over a few weeks ago, to get use to it. I can send attachments and do everything I could do with the "old" one, but...it's so freaking slow! I have to double click when I want to delete, or go back to the mailbox. It wasn't "broke", why did they think they had to fix(screw)it up?

GlButterfly

GlButterfly
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

Date: 6/16/13 3:12 PM

To add insult to the injury, ATT is going to a similar look. ATT is powered by Yahoo so it will be similar which I confirmed by checking a preview.

After at least a week of complaints on the ATT boards, someone finally posted that the new ATT e-mail is compatible only with I.E. 9 and up ! This means one must have Windows 7 or 8 in order to use it. His advice: use Chrome, Firefox, etc. Whaa---tt??? This is not going to go over well as many, many still use and like XP and I.E. 9 is not available for that version of Windows. The changeover will take place from June 13-end of July.

Why don't they just "leave well enough alone"?

There was no mention of Macs.

------
That's Gl = for Gloria, not G. I.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> The new purple Yahoo Mail -- yuck!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Blueprints to Blue Jeans
Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Register

The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Register

Simplicity 2656

photo
by: thecurious...

Review
BIRTH OF A BUSTIER - A CD Book by Kenneth King

BIRTH OF A BUSTIER - A CD Book by Kenneth King

Buy Now
Victoria Jones Collection Child's Hawaiian Muumuu Dress or Nightgown

Victoria Jones Collection Child's Hawaiian Muumuu Dress or Nightgown

Buy Now
Butterick 5814

photo
by: LizJaneB

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.