SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Machine Embroidery > 6D embroidery system coming this fall ( Moderated by Pyrose)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
6D embroidery system coming this fall
Free upgrade if you bought 5D pro after June 1st
madhatress

madhatress  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Ontario CANADA
Member since 1/21/04
Send Message

Date: 6/18/13 2:06 PM

Just saw this on twitter: https://twitter.com/HusqvarnaViking/status/347024935014760449

And I just bought 5D quilt design creator.
Not really upset. Curious to see what the upgrades will be.

------
Nadia
Tech lover!
Old black Singer (99?), Viking Designer Diamond, Bernina 750QE, Pfaff Creative 4.0, Viking Tribute 140C, Brother CV 2340 and Babylock Imagine Wave

Pocketlint
Pocketlint
Intermediate
Hawaii USA
Member since 7/17/13
Send Message

In reply to madhatress <<

Date: 7/17/13 11:01 PM

I had just upgraded to 5D and then found out about the 6D by my dealer. Apparently I missed the free upgrade to 6D by 1 month, so I was a little peeved as the investment was quite large. I'm thinking that 5D is probably as much program that I can handle anyway at the moment, I'm still trying to learn to use all the features!

diane s
star
diane s  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Oregon USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 7/17/13 11:25 PM

I'm still using 3D, lol

------
My grandmother taught me to sew when I was 10, and I've been sewing ever since.

SheilaGodes
SheilaGodes  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 10/31/07
Send Message

In reply to Pocketlint <<

Date: 7/18/13 8:22 AM

So far, here's what we know about 6D.
It will run under Windows 7 and 8
A lot of frustration especially from ppl who either purchased or upgraded to 5D early 2013 but prior to June 1 which is the cut off date for free upgrade to 6.
Fingers crossed that it will fix some of the issues in 5d. Generally users of 5d do not utilize half of the capabilities in the software, so it will be interesting to see how many actually upgrade after release of 6.
Sheila Godes
This is my yahoo group
Tru-5D-4D-Emb-Quilt-Software

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
Send Message

In reply to SheilaGodes <<

Date: 7/18/13 10:38 AM

Quote: SheilaGodes
So far, here's what we know about 6D.

It will run under Windows 7 and 8

A lot of frustration especially from ppl who either purchased or upgraded to 5D early 2013 but prior to June 1 which is the cut off date for free upgrade to 6.

Fingers crossed that it will fix some of the issues in 5d. Generally users of 5d do not utilize half of the capabilities in the software, so it will be interesting to see how many actually upgrade after release of 6.

Sheila Godes

This is my yahoo group

Tru-5D-4D-Emb-Quilt-Software

I KNOW I only use a small fraction of my 5D, I do find it complicated.

I am finally getting the hang of the Stitch Editor, and have no desire to upgrade and have to start from scratch to learn something new!

There is a newer version of the stitch editor than what I have. I noticed after the last upgrade it's on there, but I can't open it. I guess you have to pay for it?

Does anyone know how much and is it worth it?

------
Cathryn

skae
star
skae  Friend of PR
Advanced
Member since 4/23/07
Send Message

In reply to madhatress <<

Date: 7/18/13 12:17 PM

I have the 3 and 4 I don't think I will up grade my pfaff machine
Any time soon.

------
Ecclesiastes 11:7,8 Nothing on earth is more beautiful than the morning sun. Even if you live to a ripe old age, you should try to enjoy each day, because darkness will come and will last a long time. (CEV)

aslinnd

aslinnd
Advanced Beginner
AUSTRALIA
Member since 5/28/07
Send Message

In reply to Cat n Bull <<

Date: 7/19/13 11:43 AM

I'm not sure you have to pay for the stitch editor upgrade if you have the suite. I hadn't upgraded my 5d emb extra since I got it over a year ago and I was in the update section today, I didn't download it cause I don't have the suite but when I was looking through it I got the impression you didn't have to pay, I could be wrong but may be worth a look.

I'm not really a fan although I use it for simple editing. I keep looking for that magic program that I just click with. I may take a run at drawings I like what I see in demos and graphic style approach.

sew2006
star
sew2006
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 6/24/06
online now
Send Message

In reply to Cat n Bull <<

Date: 7/19/13 8:09 PM

The stitch editor plus is a very cool editing program. Their's a cost for activating the module and this can be checked via the purchase center.

------
Janome10001, Babylock ESG3, Brother ULT 2001, White 634D serger, Pfaff 1472, Singer featherweight, Singer 14T957Dc, Bernina FunLock 009DCC coverlock, Brother PQ1500S, Janome CP900.

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
Send Message

In reply to aslinnd <<

Date: 7/21/13 1:22 PM

I do have the suite, but I have had it for over 2 years now. I didn't think future upgrades were free! Not even sure I want to check, it will probably take me forever to figure out how to even find it on my computer, never mind figure out how to use it.

'lost' ALL my designs on my computer once- took me a whole day to find them again! LOL! I am terrible with computer stuff.

------
Cathryn

Cat n Bull
star
Cat n Bull  Friend of PR
North Carolina USA
Member since 2/17/06
Send Message

In reply to sew2006 <<

Date: 7/21/13 1:24 PM

hmmm....so far the Stitch Editor is the ONE module if the suite that I have actually figured out how to use. Well, I have figured out some of it.

By purchase center you mean the dealer I got the software from?

------
Cathryn

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Machine Embroidery >> 6D embroidery system coming this fall

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Restyling with Exposed Zippers
Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Register

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

BurdaStyle Magazine 03-2011-132B

photo
by: tiadia

Review
Vogue Patterns 1027

photo
by: Jgpea

Review
Bluegingerdoll The Betsy Pencil Skirt Paper Pattern

Bluegingerdoll The Betsy Pencil Skirt Paper Pattern

Buy Now
You Sew Girl Mod Bag Pattern

You Sew Girl Mod Bag Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.