SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > "I'll take Three"! ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
"I'll take Three"!
JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

thumbsup 6 members like this.

Date: 6/18/13 2:50 PM

Went back to Nordstrom today. I was bra fitted there about a year ago by a wonderful woman. I went back today looking for something unstructured and easy to wear around the house. Well, never did find what I went in there for...as soon as I took off my blouse and the saleslady saw the Natori I had on(one I had bought last year), she said "that is not fitting you well". In came a parade of bras and low and behold, I walked in wearing a 34DD and now have on order, three 34DDD They are Wacoal bras. Absolutely love them! It's amazing, they even make me look and feel smaller. The Notori I walked out with a year ago, fit me better than the Maiden Form I had walked in with...today the Wacoal, fits better than the Notori I walked in with. Now I can take the Natori as my "yard work and crab picking" bras.

The sales lady was awesome. She use to be a Mammographer(had to quit because of back problems)she then worked at Soma, left there because she saw the quality and quantity of their bras sliding. She knew breasts from a prospective that most sales folks don't.

Oh and something I want to pass along, she said that Nordstrom offers prosthetics, for ladies who have had breast surgery...they can also retro fit your existing bra. This is great news. I'm not affiliated with Nordstrom, but I am bowled over by their customer service.

KathySews
star
KathySews
Advanced
Michigan USA
Member since 10/1/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Subject: Ill take Three! Date: 6/18/13 2:51 PM

I really need to do this. Thanks for the info.

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to JTink <<

Date: 6/18/13 3:00 PM

Its so great to get any kind of decent customer service anywhere nowadays.. so kudos to that saleslady speaks well to the store also.

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

Date: 6/18/13 4:48 PM

Only three? You'll go through those in one year and when you look for more they are gone. How about thirty!?

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw
Dan 9:24-27

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

In reply to threaddy <<

Date: 6/18/13 5:04 PM

Threaddy, you could be right I can make a bra last forever. I have found that three is a good number for me, when it comes to bras. And when we get into these larger sizes, the prices can be a real kicker ... After tax $151.20 But they feel sooooooooooo good

Erin Sooit
star
Erin Sooit  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 7/2/07
Send Message

thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 6/18/13 5:34 PM

I have to say that I'm a loyal Nordy's customer. It is the excellent service that keeps me coming back. Of course when I get the bill, It's OMG did I DO that!?

------
HB: 34"
B: 37.5"
Under B: 32.5
W: 29"
H: 38.5"

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

In reply to JTink <<

Date: 6/18/13 6:12 PM

Yikes...a bit more than Hanes at Walmart!!!!

------
"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." Theodore Rubin
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life's about creating yourself." George Bernard Shaw

Bernina vintage and computerized, Bernina and BL sergers , BLcoverstitch (a stray Pfaff and Viking followed me home too)

JTink
star
JTink
Intermediate
Member since 4/20/08
Send Message

In reply to threaddy <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 6/18/13 6:32 PM

Yes it is and that is something else I have had to get use to. I'm all for a deal and spending $48.00 for one bra is a bit steep. Although the Natori cost me over $60. When you get to this larger size(especially with a smaller band), it's no more Wal-Mart and Target I found it also helps to have someone else to look at the fit. If I were in the dressing room alone, I would have never noticed the "wrong" things. I always felt if I could get the girls into the cup and hook the back, I had a great bra! Not so. I also think that by making all of my clothes and buying the occasional shoe at Burlington or Payless, I'm worth a good bra

threaddy
star
threaddy  Friend of PR
Advanced
Wyoming USA
Member since 4/22/09
Send Message

In reply to JTink <<

Date: 6/18/13 7:21 PM

Having girls is a real PITA

------

tgm and Kittys
star
tgm and  Kittys
Advanced Beginner
Wisconsin USA
Member since 3/8/10
Send Message

In reply to JTink <<

Date: 6/20/13 12:31 PM

One wonders if they also fit people who have lymphedema ? It is a terrible swelling problem & very difficult to find bras that work. The fitting center at the hospital will help you but it is an astounding $250.00 EACH bra! Nope cannot afford that.

It is amazing you got personal fitting right there without an appointment or anything! WOW! That is sure impressive!

------
Home of the adorable Baby & Mittee girl >^,,^<

Oh goody, DH has now getting a nice part time job starts Dec 1st. ~smile~
The sewing workers:
Hello Kitty Kate (green), Hello Kitty Valerie, Dottie Kenmore, Bubba Kenmore the traveler.

Be still & know that I Am God +

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> "I'll take Three"!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Clone Your Favorite Garment
Clone Your Favorite Garment

Class Details

Online Class
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger
Serging Ahead with your 5 Thread Serger

Class Details

New Look 6755

photo
by: Sheila457

Review
Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

More Info
SewBaby Snap Happy Diaper Covers Pattern

SewBaby Snap Happy Diaper Covers Pattern

More Info
Burda 7866

photo
by: norie crea...

Review

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.