SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Bernina Tote for 830 & Embroidery Module ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Bernina Tote for 830 & Embroidery Module
does anyone have this? like? dislike? cost?
ajoseph
ajoseph  Friend of PR
Member since 10/10/12
Send Message

Date: 6/25/13 0:21 AM

considering a tote for my 830 with embroidery module. Bernina makes one. anyone familiar with it? like? dislike? cost? Bluefig makes one also. i am not familiar with either. any opinions on either? Thanx.

JanyceR
star
JanyceR  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 2/3/07
Send Message

In reply to ajoseph <<

Date: 6/25/13 7:50 AM

I am sort of wishing I would have bought the Bernina tote instead of the Tutto. I think the open center would make lifting it much easier for getting in and out of the car. I have not seen the Blue Fig

------
Pfaff Creative Sensation Pro, Bernina 780,
B350SE,other Berninas, Pfaff Performance 5, several vintage - multiple manufacturers.
Love all my machines!

lgrande
star
lgrande  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 1/18/12
Send Message

In reply to ajoseph <<

Date: 6/25/13 8:48 AM

aj,
I bought the Bernina case (with the cutout) made for the 830 for my machine and the Bluefig (in red) for the embroidery module. It makes a good set.
I like the Bernina case because the machine is super secure inside; it really protects those knobs well. It is a bit of a chore to get it in and out but it's more important to me that the machine be well-padded in transit.
As to the Bluefig for the module, be sure to get their foam insert to hold the module in place securely.

------
Linda

Bernina 830LE - Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 - Bernina B530 - Janome 6600P - Pfaff 1209 - Babylock Evolution - Janome 644 - Babylock Sashiko2 - Babylock BLCS-2

Sew Nanny
starstarstar
Sew Nanny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
USA
Member since 8/13/06
Send Message

Date: 6/25/13 9:07 AM

I have the Blue Fig rolling tote for my 830LE and the matching bag for the embroidery module. I also bought the foam inserts for both items. The inserts fit into the bottom of the tote and bag, which are cut to the exact shape of the machine and module and keep them from shifting. The rolling tote is large and is a bit hard to maneuver, but I think this will be a problem with any rolling tote for the 830 just because it's such a big, heavy machine.

------
Patricia
Bernina B780E ~ Bernina B380 ~ Juki MO-735
Bernina DesignerPlus 7

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." Eleanor Roosevelt

lgrande
star
lgrande  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 1/18/12
Send Message

Date: 6/25/13 9:19 AM

I struggled to make a decision on the tote for my 830 because, as Patricia mentioned, it is just so massive and heavy.
I have to take mine up and down stairs without help so the case needed to be as compact as possible. The Bernina case was my best choice.
As to price? I don't really remember what I paid. If I can come across the receipts I'll let you know. But I do know the Blue Fig was full price at Allbrands and the Bernina I got from my next-closest dealer who is always having a 20% off sale.

-- Edited on 6/25/13 10:26 AM --

------
Linda

Bernina 830LE - Brother Dreamweaver VQ3000 - Bernina B530 - Janome 6600P - Pfaff 1209 - Babylock Evolution - Janome 644 - Babylock Sashiko2 - Babylock BLCS-2

ajoseph
ajoseph  Friend of PR
Member since 10/10/12
Send Message

In reply to lgrande <<

Date: 6/25/13 10:21 PM

hi....i don't like unnecessary chores much :-) i found this posted on the net by accident; "the machine fit was so tight that they had to take off the side thread holder & that the power cord & foot pedal would not fit when they tried to zip up the case".
did you find this to be true? Thanx.

lelliebunny
star
lelliebunny  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Member since 12/24/12
Send Message

Date: 6/25/13 11:16 PM

My preferred Bernina dealer recommends Bluefig. I have a rolling Bluefig bag, the TB19 IIRC, for my 350, and I am not entirely impressed. The front always sags forward, and it looks awful. It seems to protect the machine pretty well though.

The Bluefig Sewing Machine/Proiect Tote that I have is great (I have 2 actually), but I don't know if I would trust one for such an expensive, heavy machine. The embroidery unit bag, yes, but not the machine.

------
it doesn't matter what type of sewing you do. you are sewing, and sewing is good.

lgrande
star
lgrande  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
USA
Member since 1/18/12
Send Message

In reply to ajoseph <<

Date: 6/26/13 8:34 AM

Yes, that is true. The case fits like a glove.
For me, though, taking off the thread holder and removing the cords and foot control is not an issue since, when it's in its case, it's usually just going to the shop so I don't need those parts.
The only 'extras' that go into the case with the machine are the pads that protect critical areas of 830.
It's the only case I've seen that I feel would protect it from impact such as tipping over in a car or on a sidewalk.

------
Linda

ajoseph
ajoseph  Friend of PR
Member since 10/10/12
Send Message

Date: 6/27/13 0:21 AM

Thank You all for your help...........there seems to be no ideal bag, so I think I will use the original box with the styro foam inserts. I only need to transport the machine for the first 3 intro classes and then the Mastery classes, and them i guess for the once a year check up. so spending $300 for the Bernina bag that doesn't house everything doesn't appeal to me. the other bags seem thin walled(although i can always add foam cushioning). Thanx Again. Sew Happy

SandiMacD
star
SandiMacD  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Florida USA
Member since 2/8/09
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/27/13 6:34 AM

I have a strange walker type thing on wheels with a seat insert and huge waterproof canvas bag on the back in a metal frame. Even an umbrella holder! I picked it up when living in Japan. It is commonly used by the elderly walking to the grocery stores. They can sit and rest and the vertical canvas bag in the metal frame box supports heavy groceries and protects from elements. The wheels independently turn for very easy maneuvering and it collapses for storage.
Reminds me somewhat of a baby stroller for adults.
I have alway envied that some folks bring in their machines in these huge $$$ totes- they look pretty. So I got a blue fig and it is too heavy to lift in the car and too awkward to maneuver and when I get to the workshop it is a pain to find a spot to put it somewhere.
I have gone back to my stroller. I load all the accessories and emb unit into the sturdy canvas bag with padding. I can secure my machine separately in the car- set it on the stroller in the parking lot, secure it in place and wheel it in. Once set up, the stroller collapses and I have room at my station.
So I say, whatever works!

PS I don't have the B 830, I have an Ellisimo. It may not be as big but it is the same problem- awkward and too heavy inside a wheeled tote.

------
sewing brings joy and meaning to my life...

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Bernina Tote for 830 & Embroidery Module

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Register

McCall's 6185

photo
by: rachella

Review
Victory Anouk Paper Pattern

Victory Anouk Paper Pattern

Buy Now
SewBaby Terrific Teepees Pattern

SewBaby Terrific Teepees Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.