SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Patterns and Notions > My Image Autumn/Winter 2013 ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
My Image Autumn/Winter 2013
Just saw a facebook announcement
westmoon
star
westmoon  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
United Kingdom
Member since 9/7/11
Send Message

Date: 6/28/13 4:38 AM

Apparently the new magazine is due out in a couple of weeks. Here's the front cover image they posted:

------
http://sewingnovice.blogspot.co.uk/
One woman. One sewing machine. One giant stack of fabric. What could possibly go wrong?

aprilla
aprilla
Beginner
Member since 6/2/12
Send Message

Date: 6/28/13 7:58 AM

I have the Spring/Summer and signed up for the next so expect I'll be getting this in the mail. I like getting nice things in the mail so :)

I haven't made anything from the Spring/Summer MyImage, mostly I got it for comparison in order to decide which of the many many magazines I'll keep a subscription to, but I got a free pattern (of my choice) with the subscription which I'm in the middle of... IW1002 (A = the top).
Compared to following a multi-sized pattern from, for example, Burda or Simplicity etc, the instructions are minimal. Including the title for English Instructions it takes no more than 4 inches x 2 inches, with 15 steps. I traced the smallest size directly onto my fabric.
Basic, but even though I'm a raw beginner I can follow it, sortof. It doesn't say (or show in the layout) to cut the neck 'edging' on the bias, and I wondered how that would be (just going by what I've read here and there so far) but I did as it said. After it was attached it was not looking good at all, so I ripped it and cut a new neck edge on the bias. Much better but I should have sewed it a good bit tighter (my first attempt at bias anything so not too displeased). I did cut it to the size for the pattern, maybe should have shortened it a bit.
The sleeve upper arms seem a bit on the tight or 'close' side (which I quite like) so maybe I should have added a seam allowance, but then the shoulder wouldn't be as nice. Hmmm... The body is fine without an allowance, but it is a loose fit. My fabric is some left over lightweight shirt cotton (guessing here!) so I'm not really getting the drape as on the envelope but as a tester/muslin it's coming on pretty nicely. That's about where I am atm, I've got to finish the sleeves and hem with elastic casings. Hmmm, I could have been doing that while I was typing .... ah well!

westmoon
star
westmoon  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
United Kingdom
Member since 9/7/11
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 7/2/13 5:14 AM

You can now browse the magazine online as well and see the technical drawings.

------
One woman. One sewing machine. One giant stack of fabric. What could possibly go wrong?

squirrellypoo
starstarstarstar
squirrellypoo
Advanced
International UNITED KINGDOM
Member since 3/27/05
Send Message

In reply to westmoon <<

Date: 7/2/13 7:37 AM

Quote: westmoon
You can now browse the magazine online as well and see the technical drawings.

Woo! thanks for posting! I really like the look of M1354 especially. Nice to see so many Plus patterns again, too. I'd be all over that cowl sweater if I hadn't made two very similar to it last winter...

------
www.fehrtrade.com

westmoon
star
westmoon  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
United Kingdom
Member since 9/7/11
Send Message

In reply to squirrellypoo <<

Date: 7/2/13 9:27 AM

I like two of the dresses -- M1351 and 1352 -- and the zipped cardigan (M1365), but there's not much else that grabs me this issue based on squinting at the preview. Sometimes I change my mind when I see the real magazine though and can make out some of the design details.

I'm not sure I'm very impressed with the Plus Size patterns -- there's no complexity to those patterns compared to the straight sizes and they both could be quite shapeless. However, if you're in that awkward in-between straight and plus sizes -- 46/48 -- I think there's definitely more for you in this magazine without grading that previous ones because more of the patterns go up to those sizes rather than stopping at a 44.

------

tg33

tg33
Beginner
IRELAND
Member since 11/11/08
Send Message

Date: 7/2/13 10:34 AM

Hi Westmoon, I just replied to your post on the regional communitits board.

------
Reading from Europe

Sewliz
star
Sewliz  Friend of PR
Colorado USA
Member since 6/22/04
Send Message

Date: 7/11/13 8:56 PM

Has anyone gotten the fall/winter issue yet? I'm still waiting.

------
Liz

thefittinglife.blogspot.com

westmoon
star
westmoon  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
United Kingdom
Member since 9/7/11
Send Message

In reply to Sewliz <<

Date: 7/12/13 1:22 AM

I don't think it's actually been released yet. This is all from their preview announcements on Facebook.

------

aprilla
aprilla
Beginner
Member since 6/2/12
Send Message

Date: 7/12/13 4:11 AM

I'm subscribed for it (and the next) but haven't got it yet. The 1st I got was delivered very quick so I'd agree with westmoon, probably they announce it early. I'm looking forward to it coming :)

-- Edited on 7/12/13 4:12 AM --

MyImage
MyImage
Intermediate
Netherlands
Member since 10/29/10
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 7/12/13 5:51 AM

Let me help you out a little :)

The new edition of My Image will be available on July 16th. We will start shipping to our subscribers this weekend. Normally your magazine should arrive in 1-2 weeks from now.

Young Image is cancelled and is replaced by "B-Inspired", a new sewing magazine with patterns for babies, kids and teens. Here you can browse through our magazine:

B-Inspired website

For our new issues our English translations are corrected by a native English sewing pro, so they must be a lot better now. As a starting magazine we needed some time to take this (expensive) step. I hope you understand.

I agree our instructions are somehow sparse, but no different from instructions from most other European sewing magazines. If you mail us your technical questions about a certain pattern, we try to answer you within 24 hours!

Also, If you have any suggestions, please post them in this topic.

Thanks a lot! :)

------
Our international webshop for My Image & B-Inspired: www.madebyoranges.com

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Patterns and Notions >> My Image Autumn/Winter 2013

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets
Beginners Guide to Sewing Jackets

Register

Altering Jackets
Altering Jackets

Register

Simplicity 2292

photo
by: wildbluest...

Review
Christine Jonson Fitted Jacket

Christine Jonson Fitted Jacket

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems Men's City Western Shirt Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Men's City Western Shirt Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.