SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Fitting Woes > Peggy Sagers One-Day ( Moderated by CarolynGM, Deepika)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Peggy Sagers One-Day
Sew Confused
star
Sew Confused
Intermediate
Member since 7/13/07
Send Message

Date: 6/30/13 1:47 AM

Has anyone attended one of these? Is it worth the $50 admission?

------
Paula

"In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running."
- Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com founder

Visit my blog at www.sewconfused.blogspot.com

Immelu
star
Immelu  Friend of PR
Intermediate
KS USA
Member since 5/6/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 6/30/13 9:05 AM

I have not attended one of these one day seminars, however I did attend a couple of her classes at the Sewing Expo last year in KC. I thought they were phenomenal and taught me about how to fit in a process-mannered way. It has helped me think through the fitting process in a more logical way. I didn't pay $50 for those, but the info I received has been worth $50 to me.

I just saw that someone had posted a review Here. I want to go!!!!! I'll have to see if any are around me!
-- Edited on 6/30/13 9:11 AM --

Sew Confused
star
Sew Confused
Intermediate
Member since 7/13/07
Send Message

Date: 6/30/13 12:05 PM

Thanks for that link. After reading that, I think I am going to register.

------
Paula

"In Seattle you haven't had enough coffee until you can thread a sewing machine while it's running."

Miss Fairchild
starstarstarstar
Miss Fairchild
Advanced
USA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 6/30/13 12:11 PM

Oh gosh! I wish I could go! I didn't know she went around fitting everyone herself. Wow.

------
"Play the cards you are dealt, but choose who is sitting at the table"..AARP magazine

SEE MY ETSY SHOP HERE: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AuntMaymesAttic
My blog: http://auntmaymesattic.wordpress.com/

Sew Confused
star
Sew Confused
Intermediate
Member since 7/13/07
Send Message

Date: 6/30/13 4:05 PM

I am going!

------
Paula

aprilla
aprilla
Beginner
Member since 6/2/12
Send Message

Date: 6/30/13 4:08 PM

Great! I would love to do something like that at some time. Not yet, I'm too new to get the best from it, but someday.
Have a fab time and report back!

bluefly
star
bluefly  Friend of PR
GA USA
Member since 8/19/06
Send Message

Date: 7/1/13 7:32 AM

I definitely would go . I wanted to attend the one in Atlanta, but I work for a church and not able to attend on Sunday. I did get to attend a 6 week series she taught in Atlanta years ago, and found it helpful. I still have all my notes and the sloper we each made.

------
"Let's make the most of this day"
bluefly

Judy Kski
star
Judy Kski  Friend of PR
Intermediate
FL USA
Member since 10/26/08
Send Message

In reply to Sew Confused <<

Date: 7/1/13 9:16 AM

I attended the one Peggy held in West Palm Beach, FL in April. I watch her webinars all the time, but it was a real treat to meet her in person. She lectured about fit in the morning and does then did the actual fitting in the afternoon. I made up the pants muslin for Sally's Pant, #3200, which Peggy pin fit in front of everyone, explaining the process as she went along. It was very interesting watching everyone get fitted in the various muslins they'd made up before the class, everything from more pants to tops, blouses and even a jacket. She explained what she was doing for each one and helped to reinforce what had been taught in the morning session. If you wore a garment made with one of her patterns to the event, you were eligible to win a fabric buying trip in New York's Garment District with Peggy. The trip is offered twice a year. I wore my ill-fitting wearable muslin of Giorgio's Top, #312, and was able to get that fitted too. The best part was when Peggy drew my name as winner of the trip. I'm one of those people that never seem to win anything so this was a complete surprise. What a generous person she is to give away something so valuable.

------
Judy

Sew Confused
star
Sew Confused
Intermediate
Member since 7/13/07
Send Message

In reply to Judy Kski <<

Date: 7/1/13 12:59 PM

WOW, that is awesome that you won the trip! What a great experience!

My plan right now is to take a muslin of her jeans but I am wondering how finished the muslin needs to be.

------
Paula

Judy Kski
star
Judy Kski  Friend of PR
Intermediate
FL USA
Member since 10/26/08
Send Message

In reply to Sew Confused <<

Date: 7/1/13 2:45 PM

Follow the directions she gives you and be sure to baste those side seams. She even takes out horizontal wedges at the butt level, if necessary. You'll be amazed!

------
Judy

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fitting Woes >> Peggy Sagers One-Day

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Burda 7742

photo
by: MNBarb

Review
Ottobre Woman Magazine 02-2012-03

photo
by: cerulean

Review
ZIPPERS - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

ZIPPERS - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford

Buy Now
Islander Sewing Systems Jacket Express Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Jacket Express Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.