SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Fashion Styles and Trends > Fall Pantone Colors ( Moderated by Lynnelle)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Fall Pantone Colors
carry
carry
Member since 10/26/07
Send Message

Date: 7/2/13 2:36 PM

The Pantone gods have spoken and Fall fashion week will be showing some pretty new colors
Greens Emerald still a fav
Linden a pale slightly spring yellow green a little grey
Lichen a greyed mossy green.
Caraf coffee greyish medium-dark
Mykonos Aegean deep blue bright
Acai purple blue[red blue]
Beaujolais bright wine -burgundy
Vivacious orchid med color pink-blue
Samba looks like a lipstick red
Koi tangerine a little towards burnt but brighter
Dark grey
Looks like the colors are light and dark greyed yellow greens,one bright green[Emerald}and blue-reds with one bright fairly pure blue.One bright yellow red {Koi}One dark grey and one brownish grey.So if you are looking for a basic fall color I'd say grey,accented with greens,bright blue,orchid.Not too many options for the Color Me Beautiful Spring-toned girls except Emerald and Mykonos Blue but the other palettes would find a lot of tones good for them.Just be careful of the blue-pinks,red- blues if you are not a Summer or Winter toned palette.The Tangerine Koi might be a little too bright for some Springs and Autumns and the Lichen a little too grey-olive.

marymary86
marymary86
Intermediate
GA USA
Member since 7/20/08
Send Message

In reply to carry <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/2/13 8:17 PM

Pantone Fall 2013

You can see them here; I think they are very pretty!

------
Mary

Amy-may
star
Amy-may
Intermediate
IL USA
Member since 6/7/05
Send Message

Date: 7/2/13 10:47 PM

I really like most of these colors, much more representative of winter colors than traditional fall colors. Winter jewel tones are my best, so the cools are deeps are much better for me than the warm browns that dominate fall fashion. And my closet is already full of acia!

carry
carry
Member since 10/26/07
Send Message

Date: 7/3/13 1:22 AM

I can really see that those would look good on you. You are all set.I like that blue and am going to need a new cashmere sweater this year.I wonder if I can find it. But its been 109 degrees in Ca .I can't think about that now.

rtrittel
rtrittel  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
GA USA
Member since 2/16/11
Send Message

Date: 7/3/13 4:00 PM

I absolutely love the colors that have been selected - but the names! Turbulence??? Would you purposefully choose to wear Turbulence? The actual gray color is lovely - but the name really needs some work! You gotta love those NY creative types. Actually, they should get the OPI nail polish folks to come up with names - those can be very imaginative!

------
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris

Sewliz
star
Sewliz  Friend of PR
CO USA
Member since 6/22/04
Send Message

Date: 7/3/13 5:47 PM

Turbulence, really, that isn't very appealing for a color to wear. Funny how color names affect us. I just bought paint for a bedroom and feel extra satisfied that the color had a pleasant to me name, gentle rain. Hope it looks as good as it sounds, lol.

------
Liz

thefittinglife.blogspot.com

sewme47
star
sewme47
Intermediate
IL USA
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

Date: 7/3/13 7:18 PM

So, um, who decides these are the "it" colors?

Sorry, I'm in crabby mood, but I don't see these seasonal color proclamations as anything but marketing for Pantone, Inc.

------
A balanced diet is a cupcake in each hand.

nancy2001
starstarstarstar
nancy2001  Friend of PR
Advanced
AL USA
Member since 12/3/05
Send Message

Date: 7/3/13 8:04 PM

I usually hate the Pantone colors, but this time around there's a great lineup of jewel tones (green, blue, purple, blue-red, fuchsia) and dark gray.

------
No sewing project is ever a complete success nor a total failure.

carry
carry
Member since 10/26/07
Send Message

In reply to sewme47 <<

Date: 7/3/13 11:44 PM

I know,When I figured out this behind the scenes power grab it really bugged me.But then I was thinking about all the color trends in history. Did you know the color MAUVE happened as an experiment side effect in a lab?But oh how the Victorians loved it-even the men.I love to hear about only certain kinds of women wore red or what was considered proper for a matron to wear before tea.Its really funny and is a clue into mindset in the past.So I think of the Pantone deal as a kind of forecast of the colors you'll find in RTW and fabric stores.I won't be wearing a tangerine pants ensemble but I'll understand and forgive someone who is.

andye
andye  Friend of PR
Beginner
VA USA
Member since 5/9/09
Send Message

In reply to carry <<

Date: 7/4/13 1:42 AM

Quote: carry
I know,When I figured out this behind the scenes power grab it really bugged me.But then I was thinking about all the color trends in history. Did you know the color MAUVE happened as an experiment side effect in a lab?But oh how the Victorians loved it-even the men.I love to hear about only certain kinds of women wore red or what was considered proper for a matron to wear before tea.Its really funny and is a clue into mindset in the past.So I think of the Pantone deal as a kind of forecast of the colors you'll find in RTW and fabric stores.I won't be wearing a tangerine pants ensemble but I'll understand and forgive someone who is.

The film Angels and Insects, based on the AS Byatt novella "Morpho Eugenia" is set in the period immediately after the discovery of the first synthetic dyes, (circa 1860) and the costumes are appropriately loud and gaudy.

Quote: carry
Ah, but it had its secrets. “Angels and Insects” is like the dark underside of a Merchant-Ivory film; in one scene, we visit a sunny, pastoral clearing in the woods, and lift up a rock to see the plump, slimy little slugs and larvae beneath, dining on each other.

Roger Ebert, reviewing the film

------
Bernina B330
Feet: 1,2,3,3A,4,5,7,8,10,13,16,18,20, 29,32,35,37,50,64,70,71,82,85,86, 92

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Fashion Styles and Trends >> Fall Pantone Colors

Merchants on PR

Patterns from the Past

vintage sewing patterns
Deals!

Reconstructing History

Reconstructing History
Web site

Elliott Berman Textiles

Fabrics for Greater Ideas
Deals!

Gwyn Hug

Fabric Shopping Help!
Deals!

Lanetzliving Vintage Sewing Patterns

Vintage Sewing Patterns
Deals!

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Register

Create a Jacket Muslin
Create a Jacket Muslin

Register

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

You Sew Girl 90mm Purse Frame Purse Pattern

Buy Now
Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Pattern (JC312MM)

Jamie Christina Mission Maxi Pattern (JC312MM)

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.