SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Quilters' Corner > landscape hawaii applique pattern ( Moderated by Sharon1952)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
landscape hawaii applique pattern
Learn To Sew
star
Learn To Sew  Friend of PR
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

Date: 7/5/13 11:15 AM

I am searching the Internet for a pattern on applique' of a beach with palm trees, the ocean an so forth about Hawaii. So far, I saw one, (Maui) but I did not save the location and now can't find it, of course.

Can anyone suggest a site for me to visit. Honestly, I think I have been to well over 50 so far, and I have not seen what I want to do. I need a pattern to learn from. I just can't do things without a pattern.

I used to do counted cross stitch and I was very good at it and produced lovely work, so I want to do the same thing, using my sewing machine. I just can't find anything.

I plan to contact a couple of quilt shops in Hawaii in a few minutes. Other than that, I am out of ideas.

I want to do a landscape project soon. I have a good idea of what I want, but I can't find anything to give me a pattern to follow. I know I can't do it without a pattern. I just do not work that way. I can find hundreds of "Hawaii" patterns, but of things I have no desire to work with.

Can anyone help me?

------
I really enjoy quilting. I love to play with fabrics, colors and pictures. I recently discovered how much fun applique can be. As I love making pictures, landscape quilting can be challenging, but seeing the picture come to life is so rewarding.
Bernina 630, my main machine
Pfaff 2036, my class machine
Babylock Molly
Bernina 1200DA serger
Unique Sewing Cabinet 450L

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to Learn To Sew <<

Date: 7/5/13 1:29 PM

Turtle Beach

a Day at the Beach
-- Edited on 7/5/13 1:32 PM --

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Learn To Sew
star
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

In reply to a7yrstitch <<
thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/5/13 2:42 PM

If we had children, the day at the beach would be a major hit.
I have seen turtles in applique as well as reverse applique and like them.

I like some of these graphic ones at the bottom of page 1 really well. Not a landscape, but they sure are cute. Love the turtle on page 3.
Cat, see the cute elephant on page 6.

sea animals

------
I really enjoy quilting. I love to play with fabrics, colors and pictures. I recently discovered how much fun applique can be. As I love making pictures, landscape quilting can be challenging, but seeing the picture come to life is so rewarding.
Babylock Molly
Bernina 1200DA serger

Learn To Sew
star
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 7/5/13 3:07 PM

I like this

This is close to what I want to do and what I am looking for. Yes, I did save it in Favorites and put it on my desktop too.

------
Babylock Molly
Bernina 1200DA serger

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to Learn To Sew <<

Date: 7/5/13 4:15 PM

You forgot to raise the enabler flag on your thread. Look what I found when scrolling down to find the elephant.

Not telling, you have to look. :)

------
I have no idea what Apple thought I was saying so be a Peach and credit anything bizarre to auto correct.

Learn To Sew
star
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/12/05
Send Message

Date: 7/5/13 4:56 PM

I've seen it before. It is going to be 2-3 years before we go back and that trip will be 10 days. A week is just not long enough--- as you already know.

------
Babylock Molly
Bernina 1200DA serger

Franksdottir

Franksdottir
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/25/08
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/5/13 5:41 PM

Quote: a7yrstitch
Turtle Beach

a Day at the Beach
-- Edited on 7/5/13 1:32 PM --

Trust you to find something with "Beach" in the title!!

------
Barb

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to Franksdottir <<

Date: 7/5/13 8:16 PM

------

a7yrstitch
star
a7yrstitch  Friend of PR
Intermediate
TX USA
Member since 4/1/08
Send Message

In reply to Franksdottir <<

Date: 7/5/13 9:44 PM

Leave it to one enabler to come to the aid of an enabler in training with a masterful deflection.

And to think, Franksdottir, that I was going to cheerfully encourage you by pointing out that if you had made curtains you surely had more room in your stash.
-- Edited on 7/6/13 11:41 AM --

------

Franksdottir

Franksdottir
Advanced Beginner
Member since 4/25/08
Send Message

Date: 7/5/13 10:06 PM

OH MY, did you think I MADE the curtains???? No-no-no-no-no. I bought them from Penney's!! I will pat myself on the back and say that I got them 46% off and I really like them.

With nine cats in the house I never buy expensive curtains. As it is the little one has already tried to climb them, but she got yelled at and stopped. So far.

However, I will gladly accept the title of enabler...

------
Barb

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Quilters' Corner >> landscape hawaii applique pattern

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets
Expert Sewing Techniques for Jackets

Register

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Vogue Patterns 7600

photo
by: cocosloft

Review
SewBaby Casserole Carrier Pattern

SewBaby Casserole Carrier Pattern

Buy Now
Summer Tote

Summer Tote

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.