SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Sewing Machines > Viking Eden Rose 250C $999 Special ( Moderated by Sharon1952, EleanorSews)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Viking Eden Rose 250C $999 Special
karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
online now
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/10/13 2:58 PM

What a great price for a very, very nice machine! The special goes until July 31. It says with trade-in but my local dealer told me that's not entirely necessary. It's basically a sale price but hey, if you've got a clunker around, take it in! This price includes a bonus presser foot kit, too.

-- Edited on 7/10/13 2:59 PM --

carolynw
starstarstar
carolynw  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 3/19/05
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 7/10/13 3:20 PM

Hi Karen - not sure why this subject hasn't gone forward. I am taking in my old - and not at all well functioning Designer #1 - for $899 on the new machine. Perhaps the $100 difference represents the fact that one is in Canada and the other USA? Don't know but it doesn't matter anyhow.

I don't have space for a lot of machines but this offer is just too good to pass up - I know I would never get $800 for the Designer #1 especially after I discarded the embroidery system that came with it.

I have and love the Janome 6600 but there are a few short comings which I think the Eden Rose will take care of - eventually one of them will have to go - well maybe

Whatever, I think I am in a win/win situation

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
online now
Send Message

Date: 7/10/13 4:06 PM

I think it's an awesome deal, considering the Opal 670 is usually on sale for $899. So $100 more gets you so many more features, plus the space! I have an 875Q but could have done just fine with the Eden Rose.

karen149
star
karen149  Friend of PR
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 3/4/05
online now
Send Message

Date: 7/11/13 10:22 PM

Where are all the pink people?

AminaHijabi
star
AminaHijabi
Advanced Beginner
Member since 10/22/10
Send Message

thumbsup 2 members like this.

Date: 7/12/13 0:11 AM

we're all wishing we had money.

Mufffet
starstarstarstar
Mufffet  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Vermont USA
Member since 8/14/05
Send Message

Date: 7/12/13 0:53 AM

Good deal here. The show price here at the quilt festival a couple weeks ago was 1199.

------
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
--Dalai Lama

I have sewing machines

suesewserge
suesewserge
Member since 4/21/11
Send Message

Date: 7/12/13 2:16 AM

I love pink. And I have a junker I could trade (though I think "trade in" is a ruse...most deales around here price "with trade" and if you hem and haw and don't want to trade in or have a clunker to use you get the same price anyway but if you do trade something good you don't get any more $ off and they get a sale off that. But it is a good price. Does this one have LED lighting? I really loved the burgundy color of the Tribute more (I canNOT stop to look at a Ruby) but dealers were not budging off the closeout price and (I thought) they had old style lighting?
Maybe I'll slow down when I walk by this one at joann's this wkend. Maybe.

bestgrammy
star
bestgrammy
Oregon USA
Member since 8/29/06
Send Message

In reply to carolynw <<

Date: 7/12/13 2:37 AM

What??? You are getting the new machine for only $100 difference with your trade-in. Wow!!! Run don't walk to that deal.

Have you had a chance to sew on a demo of the new sm?

bestgrammy
star
bestgrammy
Oregon USA
Member since 8/29/06
Send Message

In reply to AminaHijabi <<

Date: 7/12/13 2:38 AM

Isn't that the truth!!!

carolynw
starstarstar
carolynw  Friend of PR
Advanced
Ontario CANADA
Member since 3/19/05
Send Message

In reply to bestgrammy <<

Date: 7/12/13 10:00 AM

Oh my gosh - the $100 difference I am referring to is that in the USA you are paying $999 on top of the trade in - here I am paying $899 on top of the trade in.

I did ask my dealer - I have been with them for more years than I can tell - what she is going to do with the trade ins.

Bless her heart - they are all going to be refurbished and then shipped to a Woman's Shelter.

I do love my Janome 6600 and am definitely not a collector of machines old and/or new but the Eden Rose one has a few things I miss from the Designer (free arm) and has a few extras I will find very useful - this one truly bastes in one step. On the Janome I have been extending the stitch length as much as possible and using that to baste

Best of all, with eyes that don't see all that well anymore, it has automatic needle threading

No plans to ditch the Janome immediately but one will have to go

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Sewing Machines >> Viking Eden Rose 250C $999 Special

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Online Class
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket
Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Class Details

Online Class
Altering Pants
Altering Pants

Class Details

Sewing Workshop Now and Zen Shirts

photo
by: Nancywin

Review
Favorite Things Little Wrap Dress Pattern

Favorite Things Little Wrap Dress Pattern

More Info
Sewing Workshop Nikko Jacket Pattern

Sewing Workshop Nikko Jacket Pattern

More Info

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.