SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Platinum Sponsor
Fashion Fabrics Club
Fashion Fabrics Club

Forum > Miscellaneous > Listening to Tourist's son and his band Pigs ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Listening to Tourist's son and his band Pigs
Lucky to live in my town
Michelle T

Michelle T
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

thumbsup 7 members like this.

Date: 7/13/13 11:08 PM

There is a 39 day Summer Festival in my town. Tonight Tourist's sons band Pigs is doing Pink Floyd.

Lucky me.

------
Proud parent of a Dwight International School Honour Roll Student

GlButterfly

GlButterfly
Intermediate
California USA
Member since 8/28/08
Send Message

Date: 7/14/13 3:03 AM

Tourist as in PR's Tourist?

------
That's Gl = for Gloria, not G. I.

TeeGee

TeeGee
Intermediate
International CANADA
Member since 11/13/04
Send Message

Date: 7/14/13 5:16 AM

Here is a video,Another Brick in the Wall - PIGS Canadian Pink Floyd Tribute Band.

aprilla
aprilla
Beginner
Member since 6/2/12
Send Message

Subject: Listening to Tourists son and his band Pigs Date: 7/14/13 7:52 AM

Ahhh! My BFs husband is a long time PF devotee. He was doing some carpentry work for us lately (he's brilliant) and I got several CDs to have them playing while he worked.

The festival sounds great tho 39 days is massive. I've got the link playing... in the mood!... all I need now is sunshine :)

Did you go? Was it fun?

Doris W. in TN
star
Doris W. in TN  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Tennessee USA
Member since 2/9/04
Send Message

In reply to TeeGee <<

Date: 7/14/13 9:00 AM

Quote: TeeGee
Here is a video,Another Brick in the Wall - PIGS Canadian Pink Floyd Tribute Band.

Thanks for the link. They are very good! I always enjoyed when our son was home from college and would have The Wall blasting away on DH's stero.
tourist
star
tourist  Friend of PR
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 7/23/07
Send Message

In reply to Michelle T <<

Date: 7/14/13 10:35 AM

Oh my goodness! Michelle - would have loved to see you. Such a great venue you have in Duncan and soooo fun to watch my talented and wonderful son with his friends play! One of those memorable summer nights with perfect weather, a mellow mood, happy people and great music. Watching the little kids is always one of my favourite parts.

I will get a more current photo of the kid on here soon. He has a much more "professorial" look going now with beard and glasses.

------
http://bgballroom.wordpress.com to follow the progress on my next ballgown.

sewingsilly
star
sewingsilly
Expert/Couture
Florida USA
Member since 1/29/10
Send Message

In reply to tourist <<

Date: 7/14/13 12:13 PM

Would love to hear the story behind his bands name, Pigs. It's gotta be a good one!!

------
strikesmyfancy-2013.blogspot.com

What's Meant for You Won't Pass You By.

Michelle T

Michelle T
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

Date: 7/14/13 12:45 PM

Hi Tourist, I heard the shout out to 'the best ballroom dancers in BC', but could not see you from where we were sitting. I had hoped to see you too.

My dh has slipped a disk and is in major pain, we had to leave before the last encore as his medication had worn off.

It was a great concert you must be proud of him.

------

Michelle T

Michelle T
Intermediate
British Columbia CANADA
Member since 8/24/02
Send Message

In reply to aprilla <<

Date: 7/14/13 12:52 PM

Quote: aprilla
Ahhh! My BFs husband is a long time PF devotee. He was doing some carpentry work for us lately (he's brilliant) and I got several CDs to have them playing while he worked.

The festival sounds great tho 39 days is massive. I've got the link playing... in the mood!... all I need now is sunshine :)

Did you go? Was it fun?

We have a great local man Longevity John or Long John who promotes local music acts. He puts together outdoor concerts starting at Noon last show at 8:00 pm from July 1st to the BC Day Long Weekend. During the Summer Festival he brings in bigger groups and artists for the City Square Stage.

He announced last night that in the 10 years he has had his small indoor venue he has had 2500 shows. He keeps prices low so everyone can afford tickets. It is an all ages venue, so kids can go to shows and Jam.

He works tirelessly to promote local, regional and Canadian Music, Spoken Word etc.

Duncan Garage Showroom

------

poorpigling

poorpigling
Advanced
Texas USA
Member since 12/28/07
Send Message

In reply to Michelle T <<

Date: 7/14/13 2:19 PM

Quote: Michelle T
There is a 39 day Summer Festival in my town. Tonight Tourist's sons band Pigs is doing Pink Floyd.

Lucky me.

Yes, you are lucky.. If I lived close to tourist I would be over at her house drooling on her gowns.

PIGS .. No relation to me.. Pity as it might have gotten me a ticket to tourist's house.. Maybe they can adopt me..

EDITED cause my computer can't spell..
-- Edited on 7/14/13 2:20 PM --
Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Listening to Tourist's son and his band Pigs

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts
Fun with Fitting - BODICE w Darts

Register

Fit For Real People DVD

Fit For Real People DVD

Buy Now
10 inch Professional Shears

10 inch Professional Shears

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.