SIGNUP - FREE Membership and 1 FREE Sewing Lesson
| FAQ | Login

Forum > Miscellaneous > Project Runway Season 12 ( Moderated by Deepika, EleanorSews, CynthiaSue)

Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview
Go to Page:
Project Runway Season 12
justgail

justgail
Intermediate
Iowa USA
Member since 1/19/06
Send Message

thumbsup 1 member likes this.

Date: 7/18/13 2:46 PM

Is Project Runway on its last legs? Usually there have been a topic started before now. Unless I missed it somewhere...
It sounds like they are back to playing up the drama/backstabbing/bickering and the producers deciding results, at least according to the promo bits...."it's the most dramatic Project Runway ever!" Meh. I'll probably tune in, but I'm not all "yay! it's on again" like I was the first few seasons.

Starts July 18 9pm eastern, 8pm central, Lifetime channel.

GwenH
GwenH
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 8/26/09
Send Message

In reply to justgail <<

Date: 7/18/13 3:31 PM

I plan to watch, but I noticed how they keep advertising about how it will be 'the most dramatic season yet'. Ugh to backstabbing, whining, breakdown aspects of the show.

I want to see lots of good designing going on.

As a side note, design elements that will make me want to throw something at my tv and yell 'enough already':
(1) useless zippers used as design features
(2) back cut-outs
(3) asymmetry that would have a woman sweating on one side and goosebumps on the other
(4) all-black outfits
(5) uber plunging neckline coupled with ultra mini short skirt

any of those (with the exception of maybe 5) could be fine in moderation, but have been resorted to all too much on Project Runway, IMO.

Bert62
Bert62
Beginner
Indiana USA
Member since 12/3/09
Send Message

Date: 7/18/13 5:39 PM

I am totally excited but I also know the show has been on it's last legs for years. Nevertheless, I'll keep watching. But, I also know it won't get any better. It's the drama that gets the viewers. If we only wanted sewing we'd all be watching PBS on Saturday mornings. So, in spite of the back-stabbing guttersnipes and the lack of real sewing process; I will still be in my favorite chair from 8 to 10:30 tonight ! Bert

GwenH
GwenH
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 8/26/09
Send Message

In reply to Bert62 <<
thumbsup 3 members like this.

Date: 7/18/13 6:13 PM

If I could find a design/sewing show that focused on modern edgy designs, I would be watching that instead! While, I have indeed watched some of the crafty happy sewing shows. many of those shows focus too much on 'embellishments' for my taste.

I'm sure some people like the 'drama', but I like the show much better when I'm watching creativity and comradery in the workroom. I know that's too much to hope for though...maybe a snippet of it here and there at least, maybe.
-- Edited on 7/18/13 6:15 PM --

KensingtonCrab
KensingtonCrab
Advanced Beginner
South Carolina USA
Member since 2/13/09
Send Message

In reply to justgail <<

Date: 7/18/13 6:16 PM

I think the interest on the board has waned over time, with the show appearing to be 'fixed' and the snippy remarks from the judges instead of constructive suggestions.

I will watch but it will not be the highlight of my evening! I am always interested in the process of making the garment and always befuddled when black is used for so many outfits. Of all the fabrics available to the contestants, they still go with black!

We'll compare notes after the show and maybe we'll have a few more PR watchers chime in.

As a side note: I thought Tom and Lorenzo stopped reporting on the show last year--they were so disgusted.

------
Carpe diem!

Sewing Joe
star
Sewing Joe
Indiana USA
Member since 3/7/08
Send Message

Date: 7/18/13 6:29 PM

I'll watch it until the last dog drops! I love the design and sewing too, but I'm a sucker for drama, even if it's clearly edited to make the drama seem crazier than it really is. I simply adore Tim Gunn, and I so enjoy watching his meetings with the designers. I cannot wait until 9:00!

------
Joe in New Albany, iN

Sharon1952
star
Sharon1952  Friend of PR
Advanced
Massachusetts USA
Member since 7/1/08
Board Moderator
Send Message

Date: 7/18/13 6:37 PM

I don't have cable TV, so I'll be watching later on the internet where I ca skip through any parts I don't care to watch. I did watch all the home visit videos. Designers this time seem like the same assorted mix of people who usually end up on the show. Some I already know have no taste (in my opinion) and others seem ready to be picked on regularly. I can already envision the drama!! Give me the British Sewing Bee any day.

------
Sewing: A creative mess is better than tidy idleness. ~Author Unknown

GwenH
GwenH
Advanced Beginner
California USA
Member since 8/26/09
Send Message

In reply to Sewing Joe <<

Date: 7/18/13 6:43 PM

There's a road to the runway show at 8:00 and Tim Gunn is usually part of that, so you may not have to wait until 9!!!

Vireya
Vireya
Intermediate
Australia
Member since 12/10/05
Send Message

Date: 7/18/13 6:59 PM

Thanks for the alert! I didn't realise another season was about to happen.

wsu 1 fan
star
wsu 1 fan  Friend of PR
Intermediate
Idaho USA
Member since 1/2/06
Send Message

In reply to Sewing Joe <<

Date: 7/19/13 1:06 AM

Count me in too! I will watch every episode. I have DISH, so already know but won't divulge details. I guess I am in the minority on the cattiness level because I felt it was much better last season.

I am geeked it is back!

Colleen

------
Sheldon:" I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!" The Big Bang Theory

"Come to the dark side, we have cookies." Bumper sticker

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted." Mae West

New Home 443, Kenmore 19233, Simplicity SE3, Janome CP 1000, Juki 734DE, Singer 201-2, Singer 301A, Singer 201-2, Singer 401A, Singer 404, Singer 15-91, and a Kenmore 1050.

Go to Page:
Please LOGIN or Join PatternReview

printable version Printable Version

* Advertising and soliciting is strictly prohibited on PatternReview.com. If you find a post which is not in agreement with our Terms and Conditions, please click on the Report Post button to report it. Miscellaneous >> Project Runway Season 12

adv. search»
pattern | machine | member

Fit the Tee to a T
Fit the Tee to a T

Register

Put it on the Bias
Put it on the Bias

Register

Sewing Workshop Now and Zen Shirts

photo
by: Nancywin

Review
Butterick 5890

photo
by: Sandi S

Review
Shapes Eleven Eleven Skirt Pattern

Shapes Eleven Eleven Skirt Pattern

Buy Now
Favorite Things Ballet Slippers Pattern

Favorite Things Ballet Slippers Pattern

Buy Now

Conditions of Use | Posting Guidelines | Privacy Policy | Shipping Rates | Returns & Refunds | Contact Us | About | New To PR | Advertising

Copyright © 2014 PatternReview.com® , OSATech, Inc. All rights reserved.